The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: Hello and a TRT 2 question

Default Hello and a TRT 2 question

Hello everyone,

I found this site a few months ago and have really appreciated all of the great info and tips everyone posts. I am have a 9wk old BLF and have really been happy with her. She has been the easiest pup I have ever started with, she was sleeping through the night after 2 nights, loves her crate has had only a couple of accidents in the house (my fault not hers) she has been doing really well with treat training so far. This is my second Lab to train. With my first Lab I followed the Lardy TRT with the help of a pro this was 13 years ago. I am on my own (with teen Boys to help) this time. I have read quite a few threads on the TRT 2 but wanted to know if it was more detailed than the first TRT. To me inthe basics section I felt that alot of the info was fairly general. Is TRT 2 going to have more how-to's than the first? Thanks in advance for any input. Greg

Siena @8wks
    20130330_093305.jpg

The short answer is yes. Mike spends a lot more time on ob and basics than in the original TRT. My suggestion would be to buy Vol 1 of Mike's Retriever Journal articles to go with TRT 2. But the dvds are much improved. Sometime in the past I posted a listing of the topics included (sorta of an index). When I get back I will search and see if I can find it.
    Wayne Nutt
    Go Nutts with dog training

HRCH Patton's Parker Co. Shadow "Shadow"
    HRCH Clineline Hijacker "Jack"
    HRCH Marks a Lot Midnight Hudson, SH "Hudson"-retired
    Castile Creek's Rawhide, SH "Rowdy"

Thanks Wayne, I have all of the articles and they are helpful, I have also seen your post on the additions. I was just wanting to see if the new was more hands on.