The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rutgers President passing the buck

Default Rutgers President passing the buck

Does Robert Barchi lose his job?

If I was on the Board of Regents ,I would want his resignation on my desk by the end of the day

Just for the mere fact that they waited for the court of public opinion to trash the university name,the AD, coach and assistant should have all been fired once the tape surfaced
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

The AD did resign today.
    I hate rude behavior in a man, won't tolerate it. Captain Woodrow Call

I'm not defending what the coach did but I find it interesting that all of the players that I've seen interviewed continue to say that it was no big deal.
    "The thing I admire about the rat tail is that it takes commitment. It's not like one day you just decide you want one, you have to grow out that bad boy and you have to repeatedly convince the hairdresser to trust you because it's a great idea."

Quote Originally Posted by achiro View Post
    I'm not defending what the coach did but I find it interesting that all of the players that I've seen interviewed continue to say that it was no big deal.
    As of yesterday I had only seen two of his present players come to his defense on their own, which I also found interesting.

No, Rutgers does not need to fire its president. It's not like he doesn't have entire university to run and he hired an AD to run Athletics. Unless, of course, the Athletic Department is bigger than the university.

Quote Originally Posted by jim_de_hunter View Post
    No, Rutgers does not need to fire its president. It's not like he doesn't have entire university to run and he hired an AD to run Athletics. Unless, of course, the Athletic Department is bigger than the university.
    I found it questionable how in light of the Penn State scandal the President of a University wouldn't take thirty minutes to watch a tape after being informed that a coach (that is being paid a million+) is being suspended for abuse and yelling racial slurs. I found his response (or lack of), to the question of whether legal counsel had advised him against watching the tape most telling. Either way his lack of action is going to cost the University millions and he takes no responsibility for it, is that who we want as a leader of men? His only action through the whole thing was to fire two people in hopes of saving his own job, well done.

University Presidents want control of the athletic dept because of the revenue they generate, but they seem to look the other way or play CYA when disciplinary actions are needed..its not that the Athletic Dept is bigger than the University, but the revenue it brings in drives and funds much of the school
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

I think we tend to hold people not personally involved with a situation too responsible. If I were a University president I would stay as far away from the sports programs as possible. Collegate sports have out grown the college mission.

Not to compare this to recent events but, Ohio State president Gordon Gee had his car towed from a university parking lot recently: http://www.10tv.com/content/stories/...ar-towed_.html I liked his response. Hard to say how he would respond to Rutgers or Penn State type situations.

Tom
    Tom Wall

Quote Originally Posted by achiro View Post
    Truth be told, I was somewhat surprised one of his players didn't turn on him and beat the piss out of him!!!
    I hate rude behavior in a man, won't tolerate it. Captain Woodrow Call