RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Samish RC

3K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  Glenn Norton 
#1 ·
The Open started with a triple in sagebrush with two retired. The long bird in the middle went down first thrown left to right from a large patch of sage toward the outside edge. Lots of wide open territory to the right of the fall. Second down was the short retired on the left thrown left to right across a ravine into the edge of a patch of sage on the right-hand slope. The flyer was short and on the right shot uphill right to left. There were lots of hills and gullies and patches of sage on the route to each bird. The wind was blowing quite strongly from behind the line and angled slightly from left to right across the test. Some dogs did very well; others had big hunts for one or more of the birds. There were a few handles and pickups. It appeared the judges called all dogs back that got the birds without help. There were 29 dogs called back of the 40 to start (2 scratches).

The second series was a double land blind with the short blind going under the arc of the left hand mark but from the opposite direction. The line to the short blind went almost directly at the flyer crates with two blind planters sitting there in white. The line to the longer blind went to the right of the short blind just past the flyer crates on the left and through a slot in the sage. In general, the short blind proved to be more difficult than the long blind.

Callbacks to the 3rd series tomorrow morning at 8:00 (21 dogs):

1, 3, 9, 11,13,15,16,19, 20, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42

Dog #25 starts.

See less See more
#2 ·
The Qual started with an in-line triple with one retired and a blind. First bird down was the long mark on the left thrown left to right into sage. The gunner was just to the right and behind a large mound. The second bird down was the short retired on the right thrown right to left into the sage. There was a low mound enroute to this mark. The flyer was in the center at middle distance shot left to right in the sage. The blind was run from the right and behind the line for the marks, crossing the line to all the marks along a slope then across a road and over the lip of a shallow gully and out to the blind in the open on a rise. Initially the long gunner was hard to see at the dog's level once he sat down so the judges moved the gunner slightly to be more visible after the test dog ran.

I saw the test because I ran test dog for it with another person's dog but I did not see anyone else run it. I had to leave to go to the Open. I understand it proved to be a fairly difficult test. I don't have any callbacks, but they were on water when I left late this afternoon. I hope someone else will post with more information.

#3 ·
Real quick because I am going to dinner, but I know some of the Amateurs are waiting for the callbacks (15 dogs):

The 3rd series starts at 8:00 with dog 37.

#4 ·
Open Results:

1st - Coal - Vandentop/Van de Brake Finishes FC
2nd - Pilot - Johnston
3rd - Daisy - Fletcher
4th - Bella - Van de Brake/Van de Brake
RJ - Freddy - White
JAMS: 3, 16, 29, 39

#6 ·
Got back late last night from Connell, but I do have the Qual results:
1st-Abby-Zalunardo
2nd-Peace-Abbott
3rd-Moxie-Abbott
4th-Ann-Fangsrud
RJ-Malta-Bodenman
JAM-Zink-Stark

#7 ·
Amateur Results:

1st - Matte - Adlington
2nd - Skatch - Calvert
3rd - Nick - Hartl/Grammer - Grammer
4th - Adey - Fangsrud
RJ - Scooter - Smith - Petrovish
JAM - Alex - Robinson

#8 ·
Derby Results:

1st - Hannah - Kiehn
2nd - Zach - Kiehn
3rd - Woody - Plesko
4th - Hook - Henry
RJ - Dice - Stark
JAM's - 2, 19, 20

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.