The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: (For Fun) DIY Trainers! What Program you followed to title your dog ???

Default (For Fun) DIY Trainers! What Program you followed to title your dog ???

Just a fun question for you Do It Yourself trainers !! Not wanting a argument here ! Just for the fun of disscusion, and my curiosty !

What program did you follow to finish your dog, and What titles does this dog(s) hold ???

Im following Smartworks myself for my pup, We are out of commision because of her broke leg, but we looking forward to getting back at it !

I primarily followed the Lardy system, but have to give a ton of credit to my training mentors who knew the Lardy system off by heart. I have a Canadian Kennel Club Grand Master Hunter and 2 Hunting Retriever Club Champions.
    HRCH Scaupgetters Seminole Ben SH WCX
    2NMH 3GMH HRCH Heads Up Lightning Strikes WCX

No program just tid-bits I pick-up here and there, worked out OK for me Titled in every venue we've ran MH MHR HRCH.
    "They's Just DAWGS"
    "Hunting is a skill to be learned whether you do it early or late it still needs to be learned"
    "I train dogs, Not papers"

GMRH HRCH Quick MH (most importantly Duck/Upland Enthusiast)
    MHR HRCH Lakota MH (most importantly Upland/Duck Enthusiast)
    SHR Storm.. the Pup (Beginning Upland & Waterfowl Enthusiast)

Lardy, But when he was young I did have a strong Hillman influence with the FF program. I had him holding and responding to fetch command at 3 months wo pressure just rewards. I did go through the formal FF at 6 mo when all adult teeth were in but It was alot easier.

SmartWork! I also have a strong past with the original Wolters Waterdog program. Still a great training tool.
    "Owned by Three AWS's"

Luke 6:38
    Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

There are things you just can't fix. Can't fix stupid, can't fix a neutered dog & you can't fix junk!

American Water Spaniel Club, AKC - Parent Club
    http://www.americanwaterspanielclub.org/

Robert "BAYDOG" Goodman

My initial infuence came from Richard Wolters "Waterdog". Received tons of help from the members of Southern Minnesota HRA and my mentor Ed Fritz Wildlife Kennels. JH SH and 2 out of 3 in Master Tests.
    TBRO

Choose your battles carefully, life is too short to spend fighting.

I personally like to follow "The wildrose way" by Mike Stewart. She personally has an SHR title and some HR passes (which doesn't seem like much), but she is 100% on passes. Only started running tests with her this spring, and she has gone 5/5.

I followed Stawskis to do HRC. Rick's program excellent and easy to follow. He is helpful if you need clarification. I now use Lardy's and Dennis Voigt's DVD and looked at Al Arthur talking about marking on Water Dog Clinic. These are all very good.
    HRCH Scaupgetters Tarnation QAA
    HR Blackie 2 CGN, WCI
    Metras's Hashtag Mickey

"Knowing how important right timing is in accomplishing right actions"
    Uncle Ray

Senior Member Richard McCullough's Avatar

With my current oldest started with Water Dog, then I transitioned and used Smart Work and Training the Pointing Labrador by Julie Knutson. Also used the last two with the young pup. along with a couple modifications. The titles earned Oldest 4X GMPR (Grand master Pointing Retriever) HRCH & MH, my youngest MPR (Master Pointing Retriever) HR with 1 Finished pass and SH
    4XGMPR HRCH Lankas Labs Brandys Maximillion MH "Max"

1.5XGMPR HR Rick's Rooster Smasher of DRL SH "Eli"

APR HR Bearpoint's They Call Me The Breeze SH "Breeze"

The New Club; Piedmont Pointing Labrador Club

I followed Smart Works program, but with no ecollar for my avatar dog. He has MHR, HRCH, MH, WCX as well as UD and advanced agility titles. My current dog followed Smart Works with ecollar. She has SH, WCX and 3 MH passes so far.

Dawn
    mostlygold
    Terrill's Mr Butch CDX TT; Terrill's Adalay CD TD; Goldtraks Once 'n Luv with Amy CD MH WCX; Goldtraks Opening Day; Highlands Split Image MH WCX **; Karousel's Goldtrak Maguire JH WCX; Highlands On A Dare CD MH WCX **; MHR HRCH Adirondac Bustd at the Bordr UD MH AXP AJP WCX CCA VCX CL3 PKII PDI; Mostlygold's On the Mark CL3 PJII PKI; HR WR Adirondac Mountain Renegade CDX MH WCX CCA VC

We don't stop playing because we've grown old, we grow old because we've stopped playing.