The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone here have a pond areator?

Not an option when there are 3-4 fertilizer "injections" a year. (of the brown cow liquid type)

They use them alot around here for raising commercial catfish.Google Aquaculture Aerators for tons of resources and sales.

I've built a few municipal waste ponds which had aerators which where basically floating windmills driving a prop. I always thought they were a good idea. Of course the jobs were in areas with perpetual wind.

Solar powered is the next obvious step. A friend of mine started in landfill gas reclaim has transferred to solar engineering. GC Solar, I have no doubts he could set up a system to run aeration on solar.
    Last edited by Paul "Happy" Gilmore; 04-09-2013 at 06:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul "Happy" Gilmore View Post
    Also working on earthwork permits with the county to make some changes but, in ever-liberal-land-tree-hugger-ville it's going to be tough. Hopefully getting a meeting with the permitting lady in two weeks. Between my unpaid/unofficial groundskeeper position, a real job bidding/installing liners all across the USA, training and pups, I'm a busy guy.
    Do whatever you can to link the work to ag use, it will give you much more leway when trying to get permits. As much as W WA counties like to stop you from doing anything, their hands are tied when it comes to existing ag uses.

Quote Originally Posted by TCFarmer View Post
    Do whatever you can to link the work to ag use, it will give you much more leway when trying to get permits. As much as W WA counties like to stop you from doing anything, their hands are tied when it comes to existing ag uses.
    Reed Canary Grass eradication is a start, increase in planted waterfowl habitat(corn left up) reducing noxious waterborne weeds for protection of steelhead, grading to allow mowing/spraying for napweed(just showed up and is a focus) clearing grading for farmability... just a start. Due to the re-structuring of the Snoqualmie alignment/upstream flood reduction, the feds have a bigger part in what happens below the new powerplant for properties in the floodplain and designated "wetlands". The process is a complete four letter word with an ING mess. The property carried a clearing and grading permit for almost 20 years and it was let go. Now, it might take review from up to four different agencies just to slope a ditch which was made under the prior permit and connects three ponds.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul "Happy" Gilmore View Post
    of the brown cow liquid type)
    AKA Chesapeake Perfume

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Plesko View Post
    AKA Chesapeake Perfume
    You like those oysters I gave you?