The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: lost transmitter

Smile lost transmitter

last sat. I was out training in a field that had mowed corn stubble. I put my wingers up and ran all my dogs when I was tearing down and got my wingers back to the truck I found I didn't have my dogtra transmitter for the wingers. I walked the field looking for it 3 times and could not find it so I went home all bummed out. sunday I went back out to give it one more try the 2nd time around I was standing where one of the wingers was and gathering up the energy to go back to the truck when my yellow lab started digging in a pile of stubble and found my transmitter. needless to say he got a treat when we got home

very cool!!!
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

wish ours would do that......

we've gone to the long orange flagging tape hanging off the transmitter system since our dogs dont like to find them for us...

I suggest that we all contact Tri Tronics, Dogtra or whatever brand that you use to star making transmitters in a flourescent orange or other bright color. If they receive enough feedback, they might do it. I once dropped my transmitter and told my dog to find the dead bird, he found the transmitter, but wouldn't pick it up. They are used to finding things with our scent.
    Home of CH Shallcross Lake's Chaamp MH RA WDQ CGC
    Shallcross Lake's Little Rascal MH
    Shallcross Lake's Delaware Diva JH
    Four Star Molly MH
    Bob Louie

Good Dog!!!