The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GDG Elton John concert/security

Default GDG Elton John concert/security

Hubby and I went to see his concert on Sat night. He was great but what struck us both was that we have never been to a concert with so little security and nor was it needed. We went thru more security at the same venue and had more police presence the last time it was Ringling Brothers circus!! What a pleasant experience! AND what great exit traffic control!
    Full house and we were out of the area and well on the road home within 15 minutes. Its so nice when everyone follows directions!
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

The people who attend Elton John concerts don't tend to fit the "thug life" demographic.
    Matt McKenzie

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason why so few engage in it." Henry Ford

Quote Originally Posted by Matt McKenzie View Post
    The people who attend Elton John concerts don't tend to fit the "thug life" demographic.
    Yeah, but you would think the circus doesn't either!
    Honestly the best thing we saw was a lot of parents in their late 40's etc bringing the teenage kids and everyone having a great time as a family. It was the same the last time we went to see the Rolling Stones and even Def Lepard.
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

Quote Originally Posted by luvmylabs23139 View Post
    Yeah, but you would think the circus doesn't either!
    Honestly the best thing we saw was a lot of parents in their late 40's etc bringing the teenage kids and everyone having a great time as a family. It was the same the last time we went to see the Rolling Stones and even Def Lepard.
    Circus has to worry about all the crazy animal rights people who may just kill some of their animals. Years ago animal rights people put out poison to kill people's bird dogs to save the quail. If I remember correctly this was at a competition for bird dogs.
    charly

There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~

The last time I saw Elton John was in 2003!!!!

Harley Davidson's 100th Anniversary.
    It was very sweet!!!

No security either.
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by charly_t View Post
    Circus has to worry about all the crazy animal rights people who may just kill some of their animals. ........

or try to set them free.
    crazy tight security last time circus was here.
    tree huggers like them give tree huggers like me
    a bad name!!!
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Quote Originally Posted by Matt McKenzie View Post
    I don't know Man, they beat the carp out of the Little Dutch Boy last one he went to.
    Poor feller. All he did was try to stick his finger in a ____!
    please forgive me and bless the starving pygmies in New Jersey.
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Bora View Post
    I don't know Man, they beat the carp out of the Little Dutch Boy last one he went to.
    Poor feller. All he did was try to stick his finger in a ____!
    please forgive me and bless the starving pygmies in New Jersey.
    I'll reply with "chuckle", but the last time I did, it did not go over well with some....JD
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Bora View Post
    or try to set them free.
    crazy tight security last time circus was here.
    tree huggers like them give tree huggers like me
    a bad name!!!
    You got that right !
    charly

There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~

Quote Originally Posted by luvmylabs23139 View Post
    Hubby and I went to see his concert on Sat night. He was great but what struck us both was that we have never been to a concert with so little security and nor was it needed. We went thru more security at the same venue and had more police presence the last time it was Ringling Brothers circus!! What a pleasant experience! AND what great exit traffic control!
    Full house and we were out of the area and well on the road home within 15 minutes. Its so nice when everyone follows directions!
    http://now.msn.com/circus-elephant-i...ve-by-shooting