The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 43

Thread: I think Most of Ya'll will enjoy this.

  1. #31
    Senior Member JDogger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    MRGV New Mexico
    Posts
    3,573

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    Everything he did on every day he was president was better than what we have in office now.
    Haters keep on hating. It's what they do.
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

  2. #32
    Senior Member JDogger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    MRGV New Mexico
    Posts
    3,573

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mngundog View Post
    That's not really saying much.
    I agree. JD

    PS it is funny that since we don't agree with GWB being the golden child, the righties assume that we ( what you deride as progressives) agree and condone everything that BO has done, or proposes.

    NOT....

    Why is everything so black and white for you conservatives, and we secular progessives have the ability to see shades of grey? I don't care for anything coming out of DC these days. Do you? JD
    Last edited by JDogger; 04-11-2013 at 10:10 PM.
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

  3. #33
    Senior Member road kill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Berlin, WI
    Posts
    10,899

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post
    I agree. JD

    PS it is funny that since we don't agree with GWB being the golden child, the righties assume that we ( what you deride as progressives) agree and condone everything that BO has done, or proposes.

    NOT....

    Why is everything so black and white for you conservatives, and we secular progessives have the ability to see shades of grey? I don't care for anything coming out of DC these days. Do you? JD
    Because the grey area is were all the trouble is!
    Stan b & Elvis

  4. #34
    Senior Member BonMallari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    LV/CenTex/Idaho
    Posts
    12,942

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mjh345 View Post
    What did he do which made you proud of him post 9/11 and made you vote for him again in 2004?
    I liked the way he handled himself and led the country after the shock of the tragedy. He was to use the term "Presidential" when the country needed a leader not a politician

    and in 2004 the alternative choice was John Kerry...really...seriously

    in all fairness IMO GWB had a bad habit of surrounding himself with some incompetent, unqualified people in positions of power, Alberto Gonzales, Chris Cox,John Ashcroft, Harriet Miers, Donald Rumsfeld...and to some extent Dick Cheney, and the list goes on
    All my Exes live in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

  5. #35
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Pac NW
    Posts
    4,480

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post
    I agree. JD

    PS it is funny that since we don't agree with GWB being the golden child, the righties assume that we ( what you deride as progressives) agree and condone everything that BO has done, or proposes.

    NOT....

    Why is everything so black and white for you conservatives, and we secular progessives have the ability to see shades of grey? I don't care for anything coming out of DC these days. Do you? JD
    Hopefully, other things you own are longer than your poor memory . I remember none on this forum praising GWB for his financial prowess other than the folks such as you, who call themselves something different every other week & praised George for his spending habits.

    The other choices were Gore & Kerry - everyone, including your side, acknowledged there was something amiss in the ME. As Bon said there were some awful poor choices (rather like it is now ) to head up things happening - but that was also discussed on this forum.
    __________________________

    Marvin S

    Everyone's friend is No One's friend

    Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

  6. #36
    Senior Member huntinman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    7,188

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post
    I agree. JD

    PS it is funny that since we don't agree with GWB being the golden child, the righties assume that we ( what you deride as progressives) agree and condone everything that BO has done, or proposes.

    NOT....

    Why is everything so black and white for you conservatives, and we secular progessives have the ability to see shades of grey? I don't care for anything coming out of DC these days. Do you? JD
    Know that's funny... Typical lib... "we are so sophisticated and evolved... you brutes are still in the stone age..." Grey or gray? Who cares? How about gray matter?
    Bill Davis

  7. #37
    Senior Member JDogger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    MRGV New Mexico
    Posts
    3,573

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Because the grey area (matter) is where all the trouble is!
    Yours or mine? You need not bother to answer. JD
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

  8. #38
    Senior Member JDogger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    MRGV New Mexico
    Posts
    3,573

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    Hopefully, other things you own are longer than your poor memory . I remember none on this forum praising GWB for his financial prowess other than the folks such as you, who call themselves something different every other week & praised George for his spending habits.

    The other choices were Gore & Kerry - everyone, including your side, acknowledged there was something amiss in the ME. As Bon said there were some awful poor choices (rather like it is now ) to head up things happening - but that was also discussed on this forum.
    Marv, you should not have skipped sentence structure in English 101 for Geology. Even an engineer should occasionally write a coherent sentence. JD
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

  9. #39
    Senior Member JDogger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    MRGV New Mexico
    Posts
    3,573

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    Know that's funny... Typical lib... "we are so sophisticated and evolved... you brutes are still in the stone age..." Grey or gray? Who cares? How about gray matter?
    Know or now? Both work within your sentence. So do grey and gray. Your point?


    JD
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

  10. #40
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Pac NW
    Posts
    4,480

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post
    Marv, you should not have skipped sentence structure in English 101 for Geology. Even an engineer should occasionally write a coherent sentence. JD
    The point of being a wordsmith is presenting something your audience can understand. My caliber of wordsmith is probably different than yours, but it has stood me in good stead for a number of years. In fact I have occasionally been praised by someone in the know . for my ability to make a complex issue simple with the right combination of words & sketches.

    I don't have to do that here , so you, like the many English majors employed in a field other than what they studied for, can criticize to your heart's content . I had a Prof in school that weighed reports for verbiage rather than reading them - did not score high on his list - But though he was good at what he did - it was easy to see why he criticized others rather than leading them!!!!!!!!
    __________________________

    Marvin S

    Everyone's friend is No One's friend

    Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •