The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: I think Most of Ya'll will enjoy this.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    The point of being a wordsmith is presenting something your audience can understand. My caliber of wordsmith is probably different than yours, but it has stood me in good stead for a number of years. In fact I have occasionally been praised by someone in the know . for my ability to make a complex issue simple with the right combination of words & sketches.

I don't have to do that here , so you, like the many English majors employed in a field other than what they studied for, can criticize to your heart's content . I had a Prof in school that weighed reports for verbiage rather than reading them - did not score high on his list - But though he was good at what he did - it was easy to see why he criticized others rather than leading them!!!!!!!!
    Marvin, my apologies. I am neither a wordsmith nor an English Major. I butchered a sentence in another thread. I failed to pay attention to the difference between 'use to' and 'used to'. I have been called on it. I admit my mistake.
    JD
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post
    Marvin, my apologies. I am neither a wordsmith nor an English Major. I butchered a sentence in another thread. I failed to pay attention to the difference between 'use to' and 'used to'. I have been called on it. I admit my mistake. JD
    But you did provide "misandrist" when I was unable to harbor my meager tools to ID same, so that puts you ahead of me in the wordsmith category . But no where did I accuse you of being an English Major, though I did equate you to that group of folks. You may need to update your skills in the perception area, if you are going to be a follower of my caliber of posting . If in one's mind they are unable to fathom that they made a mistake, should one admit anything?

BTW, someone dear to me says there are more misandrist's than misogynist's .

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    BTW, someone dear to me says there are more misandrist's than misogynist's .
    Sounds to me to be a personal problem Marvin. Would she like to speak for herself? JD
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift