The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My First Crush.................

Default My First Crush.................

Is gone,

Last edited by road kill; 04-09-2013 at 01:10 PM.
    Stan b & Elvis

Sad. We seem to be losing lots of "important" people lately. We had this discussion with family that were visitng Sat. night. Good ones are dying but the bad ones just keep living on. I figure the Good Lord is waiting for the bad ones to change their ways before he takes them ( so to speak ).
    charly

There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~

Now that I think about it, there may only be 2 or 3 others here that remember the "Mickey Mouse Club" and Annette.

Last edited by road kill; 04-09-2013 at 01:37 PM.
    Stan b & Elvis

RK I'm old enough to remember Annette and the MMC. Just curious why you chose PP to post your rememberence? JD
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post
    RK I'm old enough to remember Annette and the MMC. Just curious why you chose PP to post your rememberence? JD
    I thought if I put it here I wouldn't annoy anyone.
    Last edited by road kill; 04-09-2013 at 04:50 PM.
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    I thought if I put it here I wouldn't annoy anyone.
    I think its the perfect place...the main page is cluttered with urinating matches of whether to put a hand down to send a dog, who has pelts and should be giving training advice, and other redundant training minutia that has been recycled and morphed about 25 different ways...

I would like to think that those that choose to participate on POTUS are more hip on pop culture than most, and can actually discuss other topics besides dog training and politics ....

Does anybody realize that Paul Anka wrote the song "Puppy Love" for Annette, because Disney put the kabosh on the two of them dating...even though the "Beach Blanket" movies were pre puberty for me I later became a fan because one of the guys I worked with was the son of Robert Strauss who appeared in just about every one, and also Stalag 17, and was a long time character actor...We once sat at his home and watched old movies of his dad for about 10 hours...

In many ways Annette was America's first TV sweetheart....I also think that the disease that she was afflicted with doesnt get the attention it deserves
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

M I C...see you real soon, K E Y...why? because we like you!
    power without lumber, raciness without weediness

A big man never looks down on others.... instead, he is someone to look up to.

We are losing some very memorable figures. The real sad part is all these are replaced with the high quality celebrities of today.

Stan,

I remember too. O'Reily had a piece on the 50-60' versus today. In many measureable ways today is 'better.' I'm not sure 'better' can always be measured.

Tom
    Tom Wall

Quote Originally Posted by charly_t View Post
    Sad. We seem to be losing lots of "important" people lately. We had this discussion with family that were visitng Sat. night. Good ones are dying but the bad ones just keep living on. I figure the Good Lord is waiting for the bad ones to change their ways before he takes them ( so to speak ).
    I consider Henry Kissinger a good one and he's 90!! I think. His folks both lived into their mid 90's so I figure that with today's medical advances, he may live forever.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com