The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: For those that know the area

Default For those that know the area

I'll be going to the Grand in a couple weeks. I'll be towing my TT. I plan on going thru Amarillo then Wichita Falls. When I get to Decatur google has me going to Denton, then plunging into the metro area. My question is; would I be better off to stay on 380 from Denton to Greenville and pick up I 30 E there? This will be mid-day Friday.

JD
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

Speed limit on I 30 is now 75 mph. If you are towing a TT, I doubt you will be going that fast. 380 is probably your best bet.
    "Force fetch isn't about retrieving as much as it is conditioning a dog to handle pressure, in a very controlled environment. It's about putting a dog in the position of having to figure out how to turn off pressure by finding the correct response. This translates into numerous areas in training." Sharon Potter.

Where and when is nationals?

Quote Originally Posted by Beau M. View Post
    Where and when is nationals?
    The HRC Grand is in the area of New Boston TX 4-20 thru 4-24-2013. Info is on the HRC site

http://www.huntingretrieverclub.org/...rand/index.htm

They are Nationals but different from the MN AKC. The link should give you all info.
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

Quote Originally Posted by Dman View Post
    Speed limit on I 30 is now 75 mph. If you are towing a TT, I doubt you will be going that fast. 380 is probably your best bet.
    Thanks Dman. Ya know sometimes an old folded paper map in the door makes more sense than all the googles, garmins and tomtoms. I'll take 380 unless there are so many traffic lights that the interstate would be better no matter what speed. JD

I think if it were me I would catch highway 82 out of Wichita falls and tak it all the way to 271, take it south to 30. That route avoids most all of the towns and traffic, may even be shorter.

JDogger,

Look me up if you can. I will be program director for flight 2. Not sure if that means flight B or not. What flight are you in?
    "Force fetch isn't about retrieving as much as it is conditioning a dog to handle pressure, in a very controlled environment. It's about putting a dog in the position of having to figure out how to turn off pressure by finding the correct response. This translates into numerous areas in training." Sharon Potter.

If you are going to New Boston south of Texarkana you should take 82 East at Henrietta (south of Wichita Falls) do not go further south, that is out of the way with lots of traffic

Quote Originally Posted by EdA View Post
    If you are going to New Boston south of Texarkana you should take 82 East at Henrietta (south of Wichita Falls) do not go further south, that is out of the way with lots of traffic
    Thanks Ed. just looked at the old paper maps again. That way makes sense. I can't tow at interstate speeds anyway. JD

A significant part of 82 is 4 lane divided and the traffic is generally light, not many towns to go through and most are small, the further away you can be from D/FW the better, I will drive out of my way to avoid the Metroplex