RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

For those that know the area

2K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  JDogger 
#1 ·
I'll be going to the Grand in a couple weeks. I'll be towing my TT. I plan on going thru Amarillo then Wichita Falls. When I get to Decatur google has me going to Denton, then plunging into the metro area. My question is; would I be better off to stay on 380 from Denton to Greenville and pick up I 30 E there? This will be mid-day Friday.

JD

#2 ·
Speed limit on I 30 is now 75 mph. If you are towing a TT, I doubt you will be going that fast. 380 is probably your best bet.

#5 ·
Speed limit on I 30 is now 75 mph. If you are towing a TT, I doubt you will be going that fast. 380 is probably your best bet.
Thanks Dman. Ya know sometimes an old folded paper map in the door makes more sense than all the googles, garmins and tomtoms. I'll take 380 unless there are so many traffic lights that the interstate would be better no matter what speed. JD

#7 ·
JDogger,

Look me up if you can. I will be program director for flight 2. Not sure if that means flight B or not. What flight are you in?

#8 ·
If you are going to New Boston south of Texarkana you should take 82 East at Henrietta (south of Wichita Falls) do not go further south, that is out of the way with lots of traffic

#10 ·
A significant part of 82 is 4 lane divided and the traffic is generally light, not many towns to go through and most are small, the further away you can be from D/FW the better, I will drive out of my way to avoid the Metroplex

#13 ·
Thanks Ed. I like smaller highways and smaller towns. Makes airing easier. Might even get some food at a place that's not some chain. I go north and south thru CO the same way. Avoid the Springs and Denver. 65 MPH is the same no matter what road you're on...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.