The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: New Guy

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    I havent done a thing, the donations and pledges have already dwarfed my initial offer....If I thought we could go full bore here I would ask MIKE PERRY if Tri Tronics would be interested in giving a Military discount to the young man

If Tri Tronics will give the young man a deal. I will throw another $50.00 in the pot toward the purchase of an E collar..anyone care to call my raise ?
    I call... $50.
    Bill Davis

Keep this one at the top... Great to see things like this!

Thank you for your service Chris!

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    I call... $50.
    wow I was just kidding remind me not to play high stakes poker with you....

How much is an E Collar...I have obviously never purchased one...We currently have 225.00 pledged above and beyond the cost of the DVD's which have already been paid for...I will leave it up to the RTF as to which model Chris may need...

in full disclosure it was jd6400 ( Jim Weitzel Jr. and his son Northernstorm (Clint not my brother) who came up with the idea for getting an E collar, but I thought it was a bridge too far, and voila this evening I have had donations/pledges from

Ken B
    Bill D
    Mark L
    Clint Weitzel

come on Tri Tronics ....baby needs new ecollar
    Last edited by BonMallari; 04-16-2013 at 10:21 PM. Reason: additional info
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

I'm in for $25 but looking back I don't see your email address for Paypal. Please post it or send to my email at btgrogan@gmail.com since I don't have a PM license yet.

Bon,you should have it by now?(For collar),if not pm me. Good job Bon and everyone!!!! Jm
    Last edited by jd6400; 04-17-2013 at 06:29 AM.
    Jim Weitzel
    Proud member of Ole Roy prostaff

You guys are incredible thank you

Tritronics...do you think the Flyway is best? Gets a lot of votes on here from some experienced members. Its on my wishlist too. Thank you Chris! Glad you joined the site.
    Matthew Ries, Pharm.D.

Poole's Matador's Maggie May (04/14/2012 - Present)
    Lacakota Super Magnum (02/20/2002 - 07/2010)

just a bump for the 9-5 ers who only read rtf at work
    you know who you are.
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    ...We currently have 225.00 pledged above and beyond the cost of the DVD's which have already been paid for...I will leave it up to the RTF as to which model Chris may need...
    Quote Originally Posted by Matador View Post
    Tritronics...do you think the Flyway is best? Gets a lot of votes on here from some experienced members. Its on my wishlist too. Thank you Chris! Glad you joined the site.
    right now Bon could buy a brand new TT sport basic gs exp and is but ten $10 pledges away from a brand new classic 70 g3 exp
    it would be x2 more than that to get him into a flyway. but the classic 70 is a very good collar.
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Quote Originally Posted by Chris2713 View Post
    You guys are incredible thank you
    Chris, welcome to the dog training world from a proud veteran. My only advice to you when you get your dog back (or even before, why wait?), would be to get involved with a local retriever club near you and go to some events. Help out a little. You will be amazed at how much you learn about dogs along the way. By the time you get your dog back... you may be almost as smart as he is... he has had all this training, you need to be doing something in the meantime to be learning other than just watching dvd's. You need to see real dogs reacting to real situations...

So, if you can, get out there and meet some local folks in your area... Just my two cents worth... Welcome.
    Bill Davis