The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Congrats to Menmon {Sambo} on his FC title

Quote Originally Posted by menmon View Post
    I love you all!

That KC trial is always a good one. Hadens grounds are as good as any in the country and they will eventually host a National Open there. And the Saturday night party is too good for a bunch of field trialers. Open bar and catered gourmet food is a real treat after a hard day.

Mitch Patterson in my opinion is one of the best judges out there....hard and fair
    ! Test that make the creme rise and not test that reward the lucky dogs! Based on the text I was getting about the test, this trial was not short on hard either! Wayne Stupta is a good dog man too that knows dogs natural tendencies and I know he contributed largly to the quality of the test, too!

Guys this thread has been good to show us all that we can stay friends and talk politics! I don't agree with most of you, but we all have reasons for thinking the way we do!

Thanks again!

Mitch is fantastic...I had the pleasure of playing marshal for he and Tom Watson (the lawyer not the golfer) at Red River a couple of years ago and the spending an hour driving him to the airport while we talked dogs..He really liked the chocolate chip cookies I had from Costco, I dont think they made it past the airport terminal
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    Mitch is fantastic...I had the pleasure of playing marshal for he and Tom Watson (the lawyer not the golfer) at Red River a couple of years ago and the spending an hour driving him to the airport while we talked dogs..He really liked the chocolate chip cookies I had from Costco, I dont think they made it past the airport terminal
    Sam won under him a few years back and he gave me his judges sheet...It is framed and on my wall!

Both, are very good looking Labs, thanks for sharing the photos. Congratulations and best wishes for continued success with both.
    Julie R., Hope Springs Farm
    Chesapeake Bay Retrievers since 1981

Quote Originally Posted by menmon View Post
    Guys thanks a bunch for the cudos!! It feels good coming from all of you! Sam is a "Yellow Dog Democrat" for the record too! He is a fine dog and he is now consistently there every weekend. It has taken a lot of work and faith that he would get there. It is easy to give up on a good dog because this game is so hard, but I knew this boy had it from day one!

Sam is trained by Bill Eckett, Bobby George did his transition work and Clint Avant did his basics. Blackwater is hard to beat, and it is pretty normal to see two or three Blackwater dogs on the podium in all the stakes.

Thanks again guys this is special!!!!
    Sam was a Republican for the first 8 weeks of his life, though.
    Marty & Lesa
    Ramblin Maxx Retrievers
    Fort Worth, Texas
    817-564-3560
    www.ramblinmaxx.com

Quote Originally Posted by ramblinmaxx View Post
    Sam was a Republican for the first 8 weeks of his life, though.
    Since this thread has now gone OT thanks to the last post, I will say that by the definition of most posters on PP, dogs are definetly democrats. They expect food, shelter, medical care, etc. In return they offer only licking and general disobedience, belly rubs. and couch sleeping, but they work for us.
    Is there an analogy to be made here? JD
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post
    Since this thread has now gone OT thanks to the last post, I will say that by the definition of most posters on PP, dogs are definetly democrats. They expect food, shelter, medical care, etc. In return they offer only licking and general disobedience, belly rubs. and couch sleeping, but they work for us.
    Is there an analogy to be made here? JD
    However if dogs are republicans. would they demand subsidies for training...? "I'll do it, but only for a cookie".
    Would they then, when not recieving said cookie, fire you and the trainer, initiate a hostile takeover of the kennel, and send all the dogs to China for training? If you answer yes, then your dog might be a republican...
    ...and they will still be disobedient....but they will be good republican dogs...but do they work for us? JD
    Last edited by JDogger; 04-17-2013 at 08:53 PM.
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    Mitch is fantastic...I had the pleasure of playing marshal for he .....
    as have I, worked the line and took the birds off of John and Martha Russell's mound on the front lawn in Stowe, Vt. he opened the first series of the Am. with a double. Everyone in the gallery was like "Oooh it's just a double" yup, just a double!!!
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

..... dogs are definetly democrats......
    sorry, my Chessies are Feudalists
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

However if dogs are republicans. would they demand subsidies for training...? "I'll do it, but only for a cookie".
    Would they then, when not recieving said cookie, fire you and the trainer, initiate a hostile takeover of the kennel, and send all the dogs to China for training? If you answer yes, then your dog might be a republican...
    ...and they will still be disobedient....but they will be good republican dogs...but do they work for us? JD
    You eating mushrooms?
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    You eating mushrooms?
    Of course. How did you know? Have you been stalking my menu page again? Bad Bill. JD