The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: US sent folks to Chavez funeral but not to Thatcher?

The government was represented by 3 emissaries to each funeral, so I guess that it was false, as is so much of what is reported today.

Also, I'm pretty sure our Ambassador was in attendance at Mrs. Thatcher's funeral.

I think that it's shameful that so many on this forum are so quick to condemn anything connected with the present administration without checking the facts first.-Paul
    there's no good reason to fatten up a retriever.

In GWB and Clinton's defense neither has standing and has closer ties to Tony Blair so I would not call it a snub, also GWB daughter just delivered his first grandchild, will give both a pass for now
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

more...

Dick Cheney, former US vice-president and driving force behind the country's invasion of Iraq, is to attend the Thatcher funeral, No 10 has confirmed.
    Other high-profile US guests include Henry Kissinger, the former US secretary of state and the maverick rightwinger Ross Perot. Barack Obama announced on this week that former US secretaries of state George Shultz and James Baker III would lead a US presidential delegation to the ceremony. Louise Susman, the recently departed US ambassador in London, would also attend.
    Michelle Bachmann, the ultra-conservative former presidential candidate, will attend with two other Republicans from Congress.
    Downing Street indicated on Tuesday that Cheney was attending in a personal capacity, not as an official US representative. Nonetheless, his presence is likely to enrage many. As George W Bush's number two between 2001-2009, Cheney was one of the chief architects of the war in Iraq.

Some people need to quit reading Breibart and listening to Beck! Breibart yesterday falsely reported that CNN's Wolf Blitzer blammed the Boston bombing on the Tea Party. Once they were called out on this report, the story disappeared from their site.
    Last edited by Franco; 04-16-2013 at 03:45 PM.
    It's time we abandon our party affiliations and rather than being good Dems or good Repubs we all become good Americans. MJH345

Quote Originally Posted by paul young View Post
    The government was represented by 3 emissaries to each funeral, so I guess that it was false, as is so much of what is reported today.

Also, I'm pretty sure our Ambassador was in attendance at Mrs. Thatcher's funeral.

I think that it's shameful that so many on this forum are so quick to condemn anything connected with the present administration without checking the facts first.-Paul
    Give me a break. Obama loves his commmie buddy and hates Thatcher.
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

Wow, one sitting President and four former Presidents all refuse to attend, seems like a bipartisan snub. Doesn't say much about our leaders on either side of the fence.