The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Immigration Bill

Seems "The Gang of Eight" have decided that it's just too much trouble to collect those back taxes from the illegals who would get amnesty under the proposed immigration bill; so they changed the bill so that such back taxes will NOT have to be paid.

Explaining the omission of the back taxes requirement, Sen. Jeff Flake (R-Ariz.), another Gang of Eight member, confessed that it’s just too complicated to bother. “Getting back taxes is incredibly difficult, particularly when someone has paid into a fraudulent Social Security number,” Flake admitted.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2013/...#ixzz2S3utHf00
    This just reminded me that illegal residents could be guilty of illegal entry AND also identity theft by using false SS #s. What would happen to you or me if we were found guilty of identity theft?
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Listening to Tom Marr (I think that was his name) sitting in for Mark Levin, today. More stuff in this immigration bill that smells really bad. First off, someone says that it is now approaching 800 pages in length. Does that sound familiar? A law so complex that nobody can understand what's in it. Some of the items mentioned:
    1) "Back taxes" won't be paid because the IRS has no record of these people, so they can't assess them any back taxes. That was mentioned as well in the article I cited earlier. It's just too difficult to do, according to Schumer.

2) There will be $100 million/year appropriated for the non-profit and for-profit organizations that will be doing all the paperwork for these people to apply for the residence permits ... for each of five years.
    3) They can't have more than 3 misdemeanors ... uh ... isn't identity theft more than a misdemeanor to begin with? Driving without a license? No problem, I guess.

4) They will be provided with free legal representation, when needed, to go through the process.

5) They're supposed to have a year to sign up. Seems impossible that you could process that many in a year. But if they don't do it in a year, Janet could extend it another year. If they go over the deadline, there is due process and no deportation until the application is fully adjudicated. No wonder they are appropriating the money mentioned above for five years.

6) Securing the border only means that Homeland Securty only as to present a plan for doing so ... not actually have the plan up and running.

7) Only 3 border points, out of 9, are considered "hot spots" for targeted increase in security. How long will it take the bad guys to figure that out, and change their routes?

They say that we'll be dealing with 11 million illegals. Will we find out that there are 2X that many ... like the anticipated cost of ACA?

Graham, McCain and Schumer have already proven their uselessness several times over. Rubio got sucked into this, and is being "used". Maybe Rubio will begin to realize that?
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8hil...layer_embedded

Here is how the 8 thugs operate

Pete
    John 5 :30
    I can of my own self do nothing ,as I hear , I judge,,and my judgement is just, because I seek not my own will,,but the will of the father which hath sent me
    John 7:16 -- Jesus answered them and said my doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me.
    mark 16:9 -- So then after the lord had spoken unto them,he was received up in heaven, and sat on the right hand of God
    I Tim. 2:5 --For there is one God and one mediator between God and man ,, the man Christ Jesus

http://townhall.com/columnists/hughh...5238/page/full

Hugh Hewitt's interview with John McCain on the immigration bill.

It seems inconsistent to me that McCain is ready to interfere to protect the Syrian population, (due to the use of chemical weapons), but he is wishy-washy on a fence to protect Americans from the violence that comes across the southern border.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    http://townhall.com/columnists/hughh...5238/page/full

Hugh Hewitt's interview with John McCain on the immigration bill.

It seems inconsistent to me that McCain is ready to interfere to protect the Syrian population, (due to the use of chemical weapons), but he is wishy-washy on a fence to protect Americans from the violence that comes across the southern border.

He is wishy washy on it just like his former Gov. now DHS Sec Napolitano because his constituents back home want him to leave it alone, his state has more runners than anyone
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    Seems "The Gang of Eight" have decided that it's just too much trouble to collect those back taxes from the illegals who would get amnesty under the proposed immigration bill; so they changed the bill so that such back taxes will NOT have to be paid.

This just reminded me that illegal residents could be guilty of illegal entry AND also identity theft by using false SS #s. What would happen to you or me if we were found guilty of identity theft?
    That depends on who you vote for.
    Stan b & Elvis

The immigration bill from "The Gang of Eight" really has potential for costing a bundle before it's through ...
    A Washington group is criticizing the Senate immigration bill because it allows for up to $150 million for organizations to advertise citizenship opportunities and to help illegal immigrants sign up to become citizens.

The nonpartisan Center for Immigration Services calls the money “slush funds” and earlier this week cited several concerns -- particularly that the money can go to the same groups that helped craft the legislation and that the spending appears to have no cap or oversight.

“It’s virtually a blank check,” Jon Feere, a Center for Immigration Services legal policy analyst, told FoxNews.com. “And the groups that helped draft this bill can now give themselves taxpayer dollars.”

The money is divided into two parts. The first is $100 million in grants to public and private nonprofit groups for programs that help people apply for provisional immigrant status, which includes assistance with completing applications and gathering proof of identification. (Some of the groups: La Raza, Casa de Maryland, American Immigration Lawyers Assn. What could possibly go wrong?)

The other part in $50 million for additional assistance that includes legal help and public-awareness campaigns that tell illegal immigrants about the “eligibility and benefits of registered immigration status.” (Looks like a windfall for attorneys specializing in immigration cases.)

The 844-page bill calls for the grant programs to run through 2018 and be administered by the secretary of Homeland Security through U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013...#ixzz2SNqUQtcu
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com

I still would like anyone republican or democrat to tell me why I, as a naturalized citizen who followed all the rules would endorse this or ever vote again for any poiltician that did?
    I would also like an explanation of why my hard earned money would be used (taken by taxes) to help them get around the legal way!
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

http://townhall.com/columnists/byron...-bill-n1594165
    This Senate bill is not getting better with age.

For example, in another overlooked portion of the bill, as conservative writer Yuval Levin points out, the Gang of Eight "defin[es] the hourly wages of immigrant farm workers to the second decimal place."
    It's true. Among other things, the bill sets pay scales for "Animal Breeders; Graders and Sorters; Farmworkers and Laborers, Crop, Nursery, and Greenhouse; and Farmworkers, Farm, Ranch and Aquacultural Animals." The Gang dictates, for example, that graders and sorters will be paid $9.84 an hour in 2016, equiDemocrats are hurrying because they can. They outnumber Republicans 10 to eight on the Judiciary Committee, which means Democrats can by themselves shoot down any unwanted amendments. In addition, two of the committee's eight Republicans, Lindsey Graham and Jeff Flake, are members of the Gang of Eight, giving pro-reform forces even more strength, should they need it.

Sure enough, in the first session devoted to considering amendments, Graham and Flake joined with a unanimous Democratic majority to defeat several Republican-sponsored border security proposals.pment operators $11.58 in 2015, and nursery and greenhouse workers $9.64 in 2016.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com

It may be dawning on Rubio now that he has been "used" by the Dems on the immigration reform bill. First the bill removed references to "back taxes" due, because it would be too difficult to implement. Now they have rejected Sessions' amendment to strengthen the system for monitoring entry and exit visas, because they say it will cost too much ($25 billion). That cost is nothing compared to the cost of NOT having a good way to monitor visas ... as we have found by experience.

So, the Dems have put the screws to Rubio for his support of the Sessions amendment:
    [QUOTE][But Democrats are pushing back on the notion that Rubio is the key to winning enough Republican support to put comprehensive reform on Obama’s desk.

They say the driving political force behind immigration reform is the recognition among Republican leaders that they need to improve their standing among Hispanic voters.

The senior Democratic aide warned that Rubio could sink the bill if he continues to undermine what other members of the Gang of Eight have described as a carefully balanced compromise.

“These things add up,” said the source.

“It’s not surprising to hear that some Democrats are grumbling about Sen. Rubio’s push for stronger border security, but it’s something he’s consistently fought for throughout the process,” Conant said. “We’ve said from the start that the borders must be secure if this plan is going to succeed.”

Read more: http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/3...#ixzz2TUSOSGq5
    Follow us: @thehill on Twitter | TheHill on Facebook
    /QUOTE]

It keeps occurring to me, as the contention is made that Rs must change their stance to gain the "trust" of minority groups like the Latinos because they lost the Presidential election in 2012, that the Ds don't react that way when they lose an election.

They do NOT change their positions or agenda ... at most they change their presentation of their messages to make some group (or groups) believe they have changed their position. We might point to how Obama promised to cut the deficit in half in his first term. Later, he said, he just couldn't do that if the country were to be saved. He made many promises about what ACA would be and do. Now that the law is not actually doing that, he just says, "It's the law," and we have to make it work, as Reid asks for more money to do so.

So, the Rs can change their position, or they can simply play the same shell game the Ds have used so successfully. It occurs to me that they should just stick to their principles and demonstrate they believe in SOMEthing, not just float where the wind carries them. Leaders have convictions. True leaders don't abandon their principles for convenience.

I keep remembering a scene from Schindler's List where the young Jewish girl is frustrated because they keep trying to follow the Nazis' rules, but the Nazis don't really care. The rules get changed at whimsy, and they shoot people anyhow. It was a very effective psychological torture like this that led the Jews to so compliantly get on the trains that would take them to the concentration camps.

I don't believe that the Rs are any more racist or bigoted than Ds, maybe even less so. It was, after all, Biden and Bill Clinton who made denigrating remarks about Obama before he became President. Minority groups ought to pay more attention to what is beneath the surface with people like Joe and Willy. I doubt Joe and Willy have changed, but they are expert at the shell game.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com