The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Immigration Bill

Guess it's official ... Rubio has backed down on border security being required first. Just the other day I'd heard that he said he would not support the bill if border security wasn't first ... but today the story is different.
    http://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepa...urity-n1616897

Rubio, responding to the concern that legalization might be delayed and therefore be subjected to the policies of future administrations: Let's be clear. Nobody is talking about preventing the legalization. The legalization is going to happen. That means the following will happen: First comes the legalization. Then come the measures to secure the border. And then comes the process of permanent residence. Rubio, responding to the concern that legalization might be delayed and therefore be subjected to the policies of future administrations: Let's be clear. Nobody is talking about preventing the legalization. The legalization is going to happen. That means the following will happen: First comes the legalization. Then come the measures to secure the border. And then comes the process of permanent residence. What we're talking about here is the system of permanent residence. As for the legalization, the enormous majority of my colleagues have accepted that it has to happen and that it has to begin at the same time we begin the measures for [the border]. It is not conditional. The legalization is not conditional.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

A headline in the NY Times today is the unions rallying in favor of the immigration bill. I don't quite understand that.

Do the unions expect all these illegal immigrants to become union members? If so, then the whole argument about these immigrants providing cheap labor for capitalists would seem negated.

When minority unemployment is so high, how can legalizing these illegals make things better for those currently legally unemployed?

Am I missing something here?
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

More kudos to Grassley. He proposed an amendment to the immigration bill that would require the border be secure for six months before the "pathway" opens up. The amendment was tabled unfortunately ... objections were raised that securing the border would take too long! At least Grassley tried, and elicited the admission that they have no clue how to secure the border.

You really can't make this stuff up ... you have to pass this bill, but you can't wait to secure the border because doing so would take too long; and you can't leave these people living in the shadows that long. And they expect us to believe that securing the border is at all important to them? Sadder still that there are many who do not see through the sham.

With unemployment so high in low-skilled jobs, and many minority groups, and legal immigrants, affected by that, someone should let those people know how the immigration bill is going to help them. Oh, wait, it's not going to help them.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com

Latest from Rubio: we need amnesty first so that the $ from the fines will pay for the border security.

This is not the same man who spoke about "security first" a couple of months ago.

Let us remember that the immigrants will have something like 10 years to pay those fines.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com

As I understand it this bill has this language in it, but then goes on to say that these payments are only required if the have the ability to pay....which of course all most all of them will not!

Quote Originally Posted by helencalif View Post
    It is nonsense to think that 11 million "unauthorized immigrants" will want to undergo 13 years, pay a $2,000 fine, pay taxes they never paid before, and give up welfare, health care, and other benefits they are now receiving ... to become a U.S. citizen.

All I was traveling for 9 hours yesterday and had a chance to listen to many of the Conservative talk shows, e.g. Laura Ingram, Rush, Beck....etc. They were all in agreement that the Immigration bill is a ' set up' buy the Dem's. Furthermore it is beleived that the bill will be revised in the House of Rep's to get the votes for it to pass...then Speaker of the House, John Boehner and a few fellow Rino's will go back into 'committee' and again make revisions that will then make it attractive for the Senate to pass. These changes will make this bill in effect...Amnesty with benefits and voting rights...if they get away with this, it will be the end of Conservative influence in our country. There is a T-Party ralley in DC on Wednesday and 70 Conservative Representatives have indicated they are on to Boehner and the other Rino's plans. They need all of us calling and writing our Senators to kill this bill in any form!

Laura Ingraham commented... in an interview with Rubio...“People have no faith in the border security actually being enforced. They know that when
    [Sens.] Chuck Schumer (D-NY), Dick Durbin (D-IL), and Bob Menendez (D-NJ) are giddy over the passage of a bill
    , Republicans, conservatives most people in the middle class who are seeing their wages stagnate or go down, have something to worry about,”

Folks this is dangerous times....get involved...or it may be to late!

Quote Originally Posted by swampcollielover View Post
    All I was traveling for 9 hours yesterday and had a chance to listen to many of the Conservative talk shows, e.g. Laura Ingram, Rush, Beck....etc. They were all in agreement that the Immigration bill is a ' set up' buy the Dem's. Furthermore it is beleived that the bill will be revised in the House of Rep's to get the votes for it to pass...then Speaker of the House, John Boehner and a few fellow Rino's will go back into 'committee' and again make revisions that will then make it attractive for the Senate to pass. These changes will make this bill in effect...Amnesty with benefits and voting rights...if they get away with this, it will be the end of Conservative influence in our country. There is a T-Party ralley in DC on Wednesday and 70 Conservative Representatives have indicated they are on to Boehner and the other Rino's plans. They need all of us calling and writing our Senators to kill this bill in any form!

Laura Ingraham commented... in an interview with Rubio...“People have no faith in the border security actually being enforced. They know that when
    [Sens.] Chuck Schumer (D-NY), Dick Durbin (D-IL), and Bob Menendez (D-NJ) are giddy over the passage of a bill
    , Republicans, conservatives most people in the middle class who are seeing their wages stagnate or go down, have something to worry about,”

Folks this is dangerous times....get involved...or it may be to late!
    It's already too late. The fix is in.
    Bill Davis

Let's hope that the fix is not in prior to the 2014 midterm elections.

That's what this immigration bill is all about... Along with all future elections... Polls show that the Hispanics are voting Dem 70/30. Why wouldn't the democrat politicians want all the undocumented voters they can get?

What I don't understand is the idiot Republicans supporting their own demise. All in the name of political correctness. The fear of being called a racist must be strong.
    Bill Davis

This is not directly related to the bill, but it says something about an entitlement psyche.
    http://radio.foxnews.com/toddstarnes...ates-home.html

200 protestors showed up at this official's personal property ... and trespassed; and it took police 15 minutes to show up.
    “On a typical Saturday, my four girls would have been riding their bikes and coloring chalk in the driveway,” he said. “That’s where they play. If four buses pulled up and the mob started marching down upon them, they would have been absolutely terrified.”
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com