The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 65

Thread: The Immigration Bill

  1. #31
    Senior Member txrancher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    NE Texas & NC coast
    Posts
    275

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bill View Post
    Holder's view is the same as Obama's...is the same as ALL the Democrat toady's in D.C.....get as many of those immigrants voting as soon as possible.

    This entire situation could be resolved overnight if they would open the borders to every illegal, but just don't give them a right to vote...EVER!!! PLUS, no welfare, food stamps, or anchor babies.

    UB
    Kind of a no brainer there Uncle Bill, tell it like you see it!
    I ignore stupidity unless you bring it to my attention!
    Crystal Coast Labradors

    CCL Return To Sender
    N Sana Te

  2. #32
    Senior Member txrancher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    NE Texas & NC coast
    Posts
    275

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    Seems "The Gang of Eight" have decided that it's just too much trouble to collect those back taxes from the illegals who would get amnesty under the proposed immigration bill; so they changed the bill so that such back taxes will NOT have to be paid.



    This just reminded me that illegal residents could be guilty of illegal entry AND also identity theft by using false SS #s. What would happen to you or me if we were found guilty of identity theft?
    If that were the case good ole Barry by all reports is guilty of identity theft for using a SSN belonging to someone else.
    I ignore stupidity unless you bring it to my attention!
    Crystal Coast Labradors

    CCL Return To Sender
    N Sana Te

  3. #33
    Senior Member shawninthesticks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    north east mo
    Posts
    1,794

    Default

    They breed like rabbits once they are here.
    Shawn White

    HR Big Creek Retrievers Independence Day JH QAA "Indy "

  4. #34
    Senior Member Gerry Clinchy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    6,681

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by txrancher View Post
    If that were the case good ole Barry by all reports is guilty of identity theft for using a SSN belonging to someone else.
    Nobody ever mentions this, ever. With all the talk about a birth certificate, this is a fact, and everybody ignores it.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

    ​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

  5. #35
    Senior Member luvmylabs23139's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    3,741

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    Latest from Rubio: we need amnesty first so that the $ from the fines will pay for the border security.

    This is not the same man who spoke about "security first" a couple of months ago.

    Let us remember that the immigrants will have something like 10 years to pay those fines.
    Let us remember that theILLEGAL immigrants will have something like 10 years to pay those fines

    Fixed it.
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

  6. #36
    Senior Member Rose's Mom's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    121

    Default

    I do not live in a border state but I think that in today's computerized ID era it is pretty hard to steal another's identity. A friend who let his license expire went thru complete hell to get it reinstated. My husband's cousin, who was born in VA, moved to NY for decades and then moved back to VA, could not get her VA license because she needed a new Birth Certificate, the reason was that the Birth Certificate she had was too old (oops shame on her - she is in her 50s). It took 3 months to get her license.

  7. #37
    Senior Member BonMallari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    LV/CenTex/Idaho
    Posts
    12,409

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rose's Mom View Post
    I do not live in a border state but I think that in today's computerized ID era it is pretty hard to steal another's identity. A friend who let his license expire went thru complete hell to get it reinstated. My husband's cousin, who was born in VA, moved to NY for decades and then moved back to VA, could not get her VA license because she needed a new Birth Certificate, the reason was that the Birth Certificate she had was too old (oops shame on her - she is in her 50s). It took 3 months to get her license.
    and unfortunately you are wrong

    I live in a border state (Nevada), and two years ago I got stopped for a burned out headlight, the LEO runs my license only to find out it had been surrendered in California, even my local DMV couldnt explain it the next day when I went to replace it...I could however go back to California and get back my old DL because that number is mine for life, I would just have to surrender my NV DL

    Identity theft is quite easy, way to much info available on the net
    All my Exes live in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

  8. #38
    Senior Member JDogger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    MRGV New Mexico
    Posts
    3,280

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    and unfortunately you are wrong

    I live in a border state (Nevada), and two years ago I got stopped for a burned out headlight, the LEO runs my license only to find out it had been surrendered in California, even my local DMV couldnt explain it the next day when I went to replace it...I could however go back to California and get back my old DL because that number is mine for life, I would just have to surrender my NV DL

    Identity theft is quite easy, way to much info available on the net
    It may seem like it, but NV is not a border state. Check all lights regularly. I went to High School in LV...Sheriffs were known to pull out a baggie, "You're holding, up against the car". I travel to NV and CA occasionally but would never live there. JD
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

  9. #39
    Senior Member Rose's Mom's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    121

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    and unfortunately you are wrong

    I live in a border state (Nevada), and two years ago I got stopped for a burned out headlight, the LEO runs my license only to find out it had been surrendered in California, even my local DMV couldnt explain it the next day when I went to replace it...I could however go back to California and get back my old DL because that number is mine for life, I would just have to surrender my NV DL

    Identity theft is quite easy, way to much info available on the net
    And that is where, IMHO it becomes up to the states to make sure that the licenses are impossible to forge and need more than just another state issued license in order to obtain a license in a new state.

  10. #40
    Senior Member luvalab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    central ohio
    Posts
    1,091

    Default

    Against my better judgment...

    I know a few illegal/undocumented families, not well, but well enough. They all work, hard. They avoid the law, and have the sense to know that means not doing anything illegal or stupid. Their "anchor babies" are their children, for whom they have given up their own identities and extended families and homelands. They may take advantage of some government services from time to time, but generally they instead work harder and choose to own less and less, accept that they have to help each other, accept private charity only very carefully and with humility, and then work even harder. Generally, the last thing they want to do is risk any government entity looking at their citizenship or lack thereof.

    I simply don't believe that there is some massive number of undocumented immigrants voting.

    With most states having motor-voter registration (which I personally think is assinine in the extreme), I can see illegal immigrants being regularly registered. But voting? This is one conspiracy theory that just doesn't pass my bs detector.

    I believe in securing the border, don't get me wrong. I think it's a problem that needs to be fixed, and the fix needs to be maintained--because I believe most folks are good, and good folks shouldn't be making choices between doing what is best for their families and doing what is legal. Take away the choice by making illegal immigration very difficult and legal immigration possible for regular folks in countries and cultures that are more similar to ours than different.
    --Greta Ode
    willing slave to the whims of
    Kerrybrooks Magical Atticus MH
    Coastalight Kiowa Ravenhawk MH

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •