The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: The Immigration Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bill View Post
    Holder's view is the same as Obama's...is the same as ALL the Democrat toady's in D.C.....get as many of those immigrants voting as soon as possible.

This entire situation could be resolved overnight if they would open the borders to every illegal, but just don't give them a right to vote...EVER!!! PLUS, no welfare, food stamps, or anchor babies.

UB
    Kind of a no brainer there Uncle Bill, tell it like you see it!
    I ignore stupidity unless you bring it to my attention!
    Crystal Coast Labradors

CCL Return To Sender
    N Sana Te

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    Seems "The Gang of Eight" have decided that it's just too much trouble to collect those back taxes from the illegals who would get amnesty under the proposed immigration bill; so they changed the bill so that such back taxes will NOT have to be paid.

This just reminded me that illegal residents could be guilty of illegal entry AND also identity theft by using false SS #s. What would happen to you or me if we were found guilty of identity theft?
    If that were the case good ole Barry by all reports is guilty of identity theft for using a SSN belonging to someone else.
    I ignore stupidity unless you bring it to my attention!
    Crystal Coast Labradors

CCL Return To Sender
    N Sana Te

They breed like rabbits once they are here.
    Shawn White

HR Big Creek Retrievers Independence Day JH QAA "Indy "

Quote Originally Posted by txrancher View Post
    If that were the case good ole Barry by all reports is guilty of identity theft for using a SSN belonging to someone else.
    Nobody ever mentions this, ever. With all the talk about a birth certificate, this is a fact, and everybody ignores it.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    Latest from Rubio: we need amnesty first so that the $ from the fines will pay for the border security.

This is not the same man who spoke about "security first" a couple of months ago.

Let us remember that the immigrants will have something like 10 years to pay those fines.
    Let us remember that theILLEGAL immigrants will have something like 10 years to pay those fines

Fixed it.
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

I do not live in a border state but I think that in today's computerized ID era it is pretty hard to steal another's identity. A friend who let his license expire went thru complete hell to get it reinstated. My husband's cousin, who was born in VA, moved to NY for decades and then moved back to VA, could not get her VA license because she needed a new Birth Certificate, the reason was that the Birth Certificate she had was too old (oops shame on her - she is in her 50s). It took 3 months to get her license.

Quote Originally Posted by Rose's Mom View Post
    I do not live in a border state but I think that in today's computerized ID era it is pretty hard to steal another's identity. A friend who let his license expire went thru complete hell to get it reinstated. My husband's cousin, who was born in VA, moved to NY for decades and then moved back to VA, could not get her VA license because she needed a new Birth Certificate, the reason was that the Birth Certificate she had was too old (oops shame on her - she is in her 50s). It took 3 months to get her license.
    and unfortunately you are wrong

I live in a border state (Nevada), and two years ago I got stopped for a burned out headlight, the LEO runs my license only to find out it had been surrendered in California, even my local DMV couldnt explain it the next day when I went to replace it...I could however go back to California and get back my old DL because that number is mine for life, I would just have to surrender my NV DL

Identity theft is quite easy, way to much info available on the net
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post

I live in a border state (Nevada), and two years ago I got stopped for a burned out headlight, the LEO runs my license only to find out it had been surrendered in California, even my local DMV couldnt explain it the next day when I went to replace it...I could however go back to California and get back my old DL because that number is mine for life, I would just have to surrender my NV DL

It may seem like it, but NV is not a border state. Check all lights regularly. I went to High School in LV...Sheriffs were known to pull out a baggie, "You're holding, up against the car". I travel to NV and CA occasionally but would never live there. JD
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post

And that is where, IMHO it becomes up to the states to make sure that the licenses are impossible to forge and need more than just another state issued license in order to obtain a license in a new state.

Against my better judgment...

I know a few illegal/undocumented families, not well, but well enough. They all work, hard. They avoid the law, and have the sense to know that means not doing anything illegal or stupid. Their "anchor babies" are their children, for whom they have given up their own identities and extended families and homelands. They may take advantage of some government services from time to time, but generally they instead work harder and choose to own less and less, accept that they have to help each other, accept private charity only very carefully and with humility, and then work even harder. Generally, the last thing they want to do is risk any government entity looking at their citizenship or lack thereof.

I simply don't believe that there is some massive number of undocumented immigrants voting.

With most states having motor-voter registration (which I personally think is assinine in the extreme), I can see illegal immigrants being regularly registered. But voting? This is one conspiracy theory that just doesn't pass my bs detector.

I believe in securing the border, don't get me wrong. I think it's a problem that needs to be fixed, and the fix needs to be maintained--because I believe most folks are good, and good folks shouldn't be making choices between doing what is best for their families and doing what is legal. Take away the choice by making illegal immigration very difficult and legal immigration possible for regular folks in countries and cultures that are more similar to ours than different.
    --Greta Ode
    willing slave to the whims of
    Kerrybrooks Magical Atticus MH
    Coastalight Kiowa Ravenhawk MH