The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: The Immigration Bill

Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post
    It may seem like it, but NV is not a border state. Check all lights regularly. I went to High School in LV...Sheriffs were known to pull out a baggie, "You're holding, up against the car". I travel to NV and CA occasionally but would never live there. JD
    we border Calif and have plenty of jobs for undocumented persons....as for the headlights I had HID lights installed in my old Suburban and until I learned how to install the ballast, they were burning bulbs at an alarming rate..One of the reasons I sold my Suburban was my particular set up, White with dark tinted windows got me profiled from Niland to my own employee parking lot..I was told by more than one LEO that it fit many a BOLO

Vegas has changed in the 17 years I have been here, in many ways its more like Southern Calif. with each passing year
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

The problem could be greatly reduced if people stopped hiring them. But, of course many business owners would "suffer" as a result. And we can't have that......
    there's no good reason to fatten up a retriever.

Quote Originally Posted by paul young View Post
    The problem could be greatly reduced if people stopped hiring them. But, of course many business owners would "suffer" as a result. And we can't have that......

yep those bad business owners. It's all their fault.
    CPR HRCH Scott's Sweet Brandy
    Kankakee River HRC
    NRA Life Member
    Pheasants Forever
    Delta Waterfowl

I believe that employers who have e-verify available have no problem using it (maybe I'm wrong on that). Yet, if there is objection to verifying voting eligibility, I can't help but think that if e-verify were made mandatory uniformly, someone would be objectingin court very quickly. There's not exactly a great track record on enforcement of immigration law.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Quote Originally Posted by duckheads View Post
    yep those bad business owners. It's all their fault.
    I might be a dumb-azz.....suppose you tell me why they're sneaking over the border and staying here?

Are you saying that a farmer who drives into one of the Barrios and hires "day workers" who are already lined up and waiting has exercised due diligence in checking for us citizenship or current green cards and has no idea that they are hiring illegals?

Just looking for clarification.
    Last edited by paul young; 06-19-2013 at 09:28 AM. Reason: completeness

We will never be able to secure our borders. The Communists couldn't even get it done IN ONE CITY (Berlin), USING A SHOOT-TO-KILL POLICY!-Paul

Paul, I'm not for hiring illegals but I think it's kinda-sorta a head scratcher to expect businesses to make sure the people they hire are legal citizens when our own states can't mandate some form of citizenship (i.e. driver's license, id card, etc.) before letting someone vote. I know you will never agree with that but sure sounds a little hypocritical to me. There's plenty of reasons people are flocking to the US across our southern border. Surely you get that!!!

Quote Originally Posted by coachmo View Post
    Paul, I'm not for hiring illegals but I think it's kinda-sorta a head scratcher to expect businesses to make sure the people they hire are legal citizens when our own states can't mandate some form of citizenship (i.e. driver's license, id card, etc.) before letting someone vote. I know you will never agree with that but sure sounds a little hypocritical to me. There's plenty of reasons people are flocking to the US across our southern border. Surely you get that!!!
    Actually, I completely agree that everyone should have to produce valid ID in order to vote. It's law here, and I am asked every time at the polls.- Paul

Actually, I completely agree that everyone should have to produce valid ID in order to vote. It's law here, and I am asked every time at the polls.- Paul
    Hey Paul, how do you feel about giving them SS benefits and free heathcare as well as welfare?
    But don't let them work?

Frankly, don't the public schools already provide us with enough uneducated, illiterate, unskilled people who can barely speak english?
    Why do we need to import more???
    Stan b & Elvis

I might be a dumb-azz.....suppose you tell me why they're sneaking over the border and staying here?

Are you saying that a farmer who drives into one of the Barrios and hires "day workers" who are already lined up and waiting has exercised due diligence in checking for us citizenship or current green cards and has no idea that they are hiring illegals?

Just looking for clarification.
    If the farmers can find them so can ICE and I would think they can find the employers also. Not my job. I'm already the tax collector for the state and fed goberments. I know many small business owners and none of the ones i know hire illegals but as I drive around I can clearly see the ones that do.

The consumer is partly to blame because the just want cheap not quality. Some would rather spend 500 at the box store then pay me 100-200 to fix what they have have. Throw away society buy cheap and just replace it when you need to.

Then to the simple fact thet they are getting bennys from the fed and state governments. Come hear have babies and get on the doll which I know is not going to get changed. That is why we need to secure the borders. I posted in another thread awhile back about personal experiences my wife has had in LaPorte, In. which is turning into it's own little mexico. As they say "it ain't good".
    CPR HRCH Scott's Sweet Brandy
    Kankakee River HRC
    NRA Life Member
    Pheasants Forever
    Delta Waterfowl