The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: The Immigration Bill

On Thursday, the Senate passed a so-called Border Surge amendment, which included 70,000 additional U.S. border agents and 700 more miles of border fencing, to garner support from lawmakers who said the influx of illegal immigrants remains a problem.
    Lee said the lawmakers crafted the bill with the “best intentions” but failed.
    “They said it is tough and fair, but it’s neither,” he told Fox.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013...#ixzz2X3d21eIx
    70,000 border agents?! That's 50,000 more than there are now. How will they pay for that?

Maybe they won't? Just like the 700 miles of fence that was not built from the previous immigration law.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Ah, Catch 22 ... HHS Secretary can unilaterally NOT do anything about border security:
    Regarding the border fence, according to theWashington Times, the 1190 page "amendment" reads that
    "nothing in this subsection shall require the secretary to install fencing, or infrastructure that directly results from the installation of such fencing, in a particular location along the southern border, if the secretary determines that the use of placement of such resources is not the most appropriate means to achieve and maintain effective control over the southern border at such location."
    Hoeven-Corker also mandates an increase in "the number of trained full-time active duty U.S. Border Patrol agents deployed to the Southern border to 38,405." How that rather specific number of agents was determined is unclear, but the secretary gets eight yearsuntil September 30, 2021- to ramp up to that level.
    However, regardless of whether any fencing, technology, or agents ever get deployed, or border security ever improves, "immigrants will be given permanent status in ten years no matter what" according to Byron York, chief political correspondent for theWashington Examiner, who has meticulously followed the Senate's deliberations.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

I am already writing, faxing, and calling Boehner and my House of Reps guy....I do not trust they will do the right thing as ...many pundits are suggesting that Boehner has made a deal to go into conference after passing a ‘good’bill in the House. They are suggesting that in this conference he will agree to a final bill that is more like theSenate bill not making closing down the borders #1, plus tons of 'Pork Spending" and giving more power to Obama and his Administration to change the final bill going forward, without Congressional approval. If this is true, we are in trouble! CONTACT YOUR REPRESENTATIVE NOW! Below is a list of Republicans that voted for this lousy bill: Upon reading the current Senate Immigration Bill, Mark Lavin says "that it gives enormous discretion to the Executive Branch and to thePresident, and all but rejects any involvement of the states. We need to stop the Republicans that are obsessed with race baiting politics like the Democratsare, and keep the Constitution in mind." Below is the list: I have also given each on these on the list a piece of my mind, most are RINO's anyway....
    1. Sens.Marco Rubio (R-Fla.)

2. JohnMcCain (R-Ariz.)

3. LindseyGraham (R-S.C.)

4. JeffFlake (R-Ariz.)

5. Sens.Bob Corker (R-Tenn.)

6. Sens.Kelly Ayotte (R-N.H.)

7. DeanHeller (R-Nev.)

8. Sens.Jeff Chiesa (R-N.J.)

9. MarkKirk (R-Ill.)

10. SusanCollins (R-Maine)

11. Sen.Lisa Murkowski (R-Alaska)

12. Sens. Lamar Alexander (R-Tenn.)

13. Orrin Hatch (R-Utah)

14. Hoeven (R-ND)

Last edited by swampcollielover; 06-29-2013 at 12:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by swampcollielover View Post
    I am already writing, faxing, and calling Boehner and my House of Reps guy....I do not trust they will do the right thing as ...many pundits are suggesting that Boehner has made a deal to go into conference after passing a ‘good’bill in the House. They are suggesting that in this conference he will agree to a final bill that is more like theSenate bill not making closing down the borders #1, plus tons of 'Pork Spending" and giving more power to Obama and his Administration to change the final bill going forward, without Congressional approval. If this is true, we are in trouble! CONTACT YOUR REPRESENTATIVE NOW! Below is a list of Republicans that voted for this lousy bill: Upon reading the current Senate Immigration Bill, Mark Lavin says "that it gives enormous discretion to the Executive Branch and to thePresident, and all but rejects any involvement of the states. We need to stop the Republicans that are obsessed with race baiting politics like the Democratsare, and keep the Constitution in mind." Below is the list: I have also given each on these on the list a piece of my mind, most are RINO's anyway....
    1. Sens.Marco Rubio (R-Fla.)

2. JohnMcCain (R-Ariz.)

3. LindseyGraham (R-S.C.)

4. JeffFlake (R-Ariz.)

5. Sens.Bob Corker (R-Tenn.)

6. Sens.Kelly Ayotte (R-N.H.)

7. DeanHeller (R-Nev.)

8. Sens.Jeff Chiesa (R-N.J.)

9. MarkKirk (R-Ill.)

10. SusanCollins (R-Maine)

11. Sen.Lisa Murkowski (R-Alaska)

12. Sens. Lamar Alexander (R-Tenn.)

13. Orrin Hatch (R-Utah)

14. Hoeven (R-ND)

All are RINO'S...
    Bill Davis

It occurs to me that with a few exceptions like FL and AZ, the other states on the list might not have much of an issue of illegal immigration? That would be that they don't expect to lose many of their citizens' jobs to illegals, or carry a significant burden for services provided to illegals.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com