Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pro choice?

Default Pro choice?

image.jpg

Pro Choice?
    Bill Davis

Only under a Godless Government can you :

Legally Kill your Children

And go to Jail for Disiplining them......
    HRCH Rocky Mountain Rosco SH
    HRCH Satins Jumpin Jedi MH (600+points)
    HRCH 4X GMPR KB's Snakey Jake of Poudre River MH (600+points)
    HRCH APR Lady Satin of Black Forest JH
    HRCH MPR KB's It Showtime of Bearpoint (Star) JH
    HRCH KB's Loaded to go Allie SH
    HRCH MPR KB's Blazin White Thunder (Blaze) SH
    HRCH 3XGMPR KBs Right To The Point Ike SH
    HR GMPR KBs Hunters Dream JH
    HR APR KBs They Call Me Beau JH

That's because according to some of the progressive, elites they are not really your children!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Atleast when it comes to knowing what's good for them.

This is a good video shot at the DNC this year along the same lines
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwejQBIyjow

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    image.jpg

Pro Choice?
    I wish I was better at humor . Humor is the most effective tool to get attention to an issue. The comics page in your local newspaper says much!!!

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Very scary to me that these people only believe you should have a choice about some things ... as long as the choices you make align with their beliefs in what is best for you, for the planet, and the taxpayer. Nobody mentions that there might be some unhealthy results of abortion ... so doesn't that mean that govt should limit that choice as well?
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Hotair.com reports that Eric Holder's wife owns an interest in an abortion clinic. Interesting. Might that not be a conflict of interest for Holder?
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Why does the government get to decide what a woman can do with their body?
    Kevin Entwistle

WGD (Worlds Greatest Dog) Cinci Redstocking "Loki", born: Jan. 22, 1999, RIP November 13, 2011
    "Lars" Chilian with the Rainmaker, born: Feb. 2, 2010

"That which you manifest is before you" (The Art of Racing in the Rain)

"Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have ... The course of history shows that as a government grows, liberty decreases." Thomas Jefferson

Kevin, the problem would seem to be that the woman is making a decision for two humans, not just herself. Late-term abortions, when living babies are born and subsequently allowed to die or "assisted" in dying, surely brings the dilemma to front-and-center.

I can find no rational argument against contraception, or even sterilization. Both of those prevent a life from beginning; not stopping a life that has begun. The morning-after pill may be open ... as one may not be able to say at what point fertilization takes place.

When a choice has to be made to save one life or the other (baby or mother), then any decision means the death of one, so God will have to judge whether we make the right choice. Roman Catholics believe that the choice must always be in favor of the baby. I cannot agree with that. If it is a mere mortal making the choice, either choice is "fallible"; and if I don't believe in Papal Infallabiity, then I cannot ascribe that one choice is better than the other.

The areas of abortion "disputes" lie in the other scenarios possible. I don't think I'm wise enough to make all those judgments.

The proposal that abortion should become legal, safe and rare is not turning out quite that way. The Gosnell case questions of the safety, and the numbers surely don't demonstrate the rarity. It would appear the only thing that has been "solved" via Roe v. Wade is the legal part.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com

But abortion is legal.

The problem is that at what point do you stop? Late term abortions are a thorny issue. Some people, mainly Roman Caths. will take it to the extreme and say that a woman's eggs are sacrosanct. We can't use frozen embryos, ones that will NEVER be implanted into a woman yet those are okay to eventually be destroyed when they could be used to help the living? Is a woman's eggs that she discards via her cycle then a death also? Why? Just because they haven't been fertilized with sperm? Is it North Dakota that is saying you cannot abort after 16 weeks or is it 22 weeks? When will legislation be brought forth that after one week you cannot abort? When does it stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    Kevin, the problem would seem to be that the woman is making a decision for two humans, not just herself. Late-term abortions, when living babies are born and subsequently allowed to die or "assisted" in dying, surely brings the dilemma to front-and-center.

I can find no rational argument against contraception, or even sterilization. Both of those prevent a life from beginning; not stopping a life that has begun. The morning-after pill may be open ... as one may not be able to say at what point fertilization takes place.

When a choice has to be made to save one life or the other (baby or mother), then any decision means the death of one, so God will have to judge whether we make the right choice. Roman Catholics believe that the choice must always be in favor of the baby. I cannot agree with that. If it is a mere mortal making the choice, either choice is "fallible"; and if I don't believe in Papal Infallabiity, then I cannot ascribe that one choice is better than the other.

The areas of abortion "disputes" lie in the other scenarios possible. I don't think I'm wise enough to make all those judgments.

The proposal that abortion should become legal, safe and rare is not turning out quite that way. The Gosnell case questions of the safety, and the numbers surely don't demonstrate the rarity. It would appear the only thing that has been "solved" via Roe v. Wade is the legal part.
    Kevin Entwistle

WGD (Worlds Greatest Dog) Cinci Redstocking "Loki", born: Jan. 22, 1999, RIP November 13, 2011
    "Lars" Chilian with the Rainmaker, born: Feb. 2, 2010

"That which you manifest is before you" (The Art of Racing in the Rain)

"Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have ... The course of history shows that as a government grows, liberty decreases." Thomas Jefferson