The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: dog food

Default dog food

I am wondering what everyone thanks is the best high end dog food? I going to switch foods and was wondering not getting the results I want out of my food! Thanks Dusty
    Wild Timbers Alabama's Showgirl (2 For 2 SHR passes)

I've fed my dogs Purina ProPlan Perfromance for about 6-7 years with nothing but great results. However, I recently switched to Loyall Professional mostly because where I buy it, they quit carrying the performance formula. I'm only half way through the first bag, so far I've seen no ill side effects.

your gona get 100 different answers but most will be proplan

I've been happy with Eukanuba. My general advice on dog food is feed what your dogs do best on that you can afford.

i just switched from proplan 30/20 to loyall 31/20 and am getting the same results as with the proplan but with less coming out the rear. i also feed 3.5 cups instead of the 4 cups of food but the waste is significantly smaller than with the proplan. also $4 a bag cheaper (not alot but adds up) also has less corn products. have gone through about half a bag now.

Quote Originally Posted by wild timber kennels View Post
    I am wondering what everyone thanks is the best high end dog food? I going to switch foods and was wondering not getting the results I want out of my food! Thanks Dusty
    Dusty,

I'm curious about what you have been feeding and why you and not satisfied? What "results" are you not getting?

Also, I wonder what you consider "High End Dog Food". The foods mentioned so far are very popular, but not what I'd consider "High End".

IMHO, the best dry dog food on the market is Orijen. However, the price just went up and the size of the bag went down half a kg. I only use it for my brood bitch and with puppies for the first year or so, because I think during those times in a dog's life (growing up and reproduction) only the best will do!

Swack
    Jeff Swackhamer

I am using Merrick grain free buffalo with great results.

I am happy with Infinia grain free. 5 star rating but not unreasonably priced.
    Terry "Bud" Cunningham
    Kankakee River HRC

I like to feed a proplan 30/20 during winter/hunting season's, then fall off to a 26/16 during the summer/off months. Keeps the weight off of them since training drops due to the hot weather. But still a good high quality food to meet the high nutritional needs our dogs demand.

I am feeding a 24/20 sport mix I have been feeding it for several years but here lately I'm not getting as good of a coat coat on my dogs and after working a dog hard for few days in a row there not bouncing back as good as I like. And the third thing is I feed twice what most people feed and dog still acts like it starving when I feed her around 6 cups a day!
    Wild Timbers Alabama's Showgirl (2 For 2 SHR passes)