The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19

Thread: slider

  1. #11
    Senior Member Dos Patos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Beaumont,Texas
    Posts
    260

    Default

    My pup I had a hard time getting is a Slider/Junie from Charles.I have high hopes and gonna do all I can to take her as far as possible.As of now she is just being loved from. My lil girl.I tell ya what though that Slider is a calendar dog if I have ever seen one.
    FC AFC Slider/Junie

  2. #12
    Senior Member Charles C.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Marshall, TX
    Posts
    1,535

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mary Lynn Metras View Post

    Well they are really cute!! Which one did you keep??
    I kept the black one. :P

  3. #13
    Senior Member Howard N's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Anchorage, AK
    Posts
    7,688

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Charles C. View Post
    I kept the black one. :P
    Smart man.
    Howard Niemi

    You really gotta be careful about how high a pedestal you put your method, your accomplishments, your dog on. There's usually someone who's done more, somewhere. And they may have used a different method than you did! Chris Atkinson 2013

    get your dog out and TRAIN! caryalsobrook 2013

  4. #14
    Senior Member Frank Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Panama City, Florida
    Posts
    349

    Default

    We have a 20 month old Slider x Lucy youngster that we really like. He's a littermate to the male Jerry sold to one of Farmer's clients . . . loves to train, very good marker and wants to please. We're good with that.

    rita

  5. #15
    Senior Member yellow machine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Elk River, MN
    Posts
    696

    Default

    Are there any upcoming litters from Slider this summer?
    A cold nose feels good on a hot day.....
    Majestic Oaks Liberty Belle JH

  6. #16
    Senior Member BonMallari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    LV/CenTex/Idaho
    Posts
    12,450

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Jones View Post
    We have a 20 month old Slider x Lucy youngster that we really like. He's a littermate to the male Jerry sold to one of Farmer's clients . . . loves to train, very good marker and wants to please. We're good with that.

    rita

    Lucy is quite a gal in her own right...had the opportunity to throw birds for her on more than one occasion and she is an excellent marker with a great disposition...She throw a nice pup and has nicked with a couple of studs
    All my Exes live in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

  7. #17
    Senior Member Jerry S.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Middleton, WI
    Posts
    349

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yellow machine View Post
    Are there any upcoming litters from Slider this summer?
    My breeder friend from Ames, IA plans on breeding one of his girls to him this summer. Probably going to be Hayseed's Golden Callie. She is QAA and produced Rolling Thunder XIX (Thor), who is also on Danny's truck.
    She is a big yellow. Thor was sired by Chopper, so the lines are pretty similar.

  8. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Prairieville, LA
    Posts
    3,898

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    Lucy is quite a gal in her own right...had the opportunity to throw birds for her on more than one occasion and she is an excellent marker with a great disposition...She throw a nice pup and has nicked with a couple of studs
    I don't think we are talking about the same dog.

  9. #19
    Senior Member BonMallari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    LV/CenTex/Idaho
    Posts
    12,450

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry S. View Post
    I told Lauren last year that I thought Slider is the best dog in the USA and I still believe that. His consistency is unreal.
    Mike White's litter with his Sister Lucy's Worth the Wait is doing very well and won't age out of the derby until August. There are four pups from that litter closing in on the derby list. I recently sold a male to one of Danny Farmer's clients. I liked him so much that I got some straws just in case he turns out to be very good.
    I have an eight month old Slider pup currently. Marks very well. Quite sensitive but wants to please.
    Good luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Hawkes View Post
    I don't think we are talking about the same dog.

    Thats the Lucy I am talking about.....
    All my Exes live in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •