RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Cesar Millan "A Member of the Family"

13K views 45 replies 28 participants last post by  Bob Glover 
#1 ·
My new pup will arrive next week, so that means I'll be making that 12+ hour round trip to breeders and back in roughly two months. Our new CLM will be a house dog and someone recommended Cesar's book for all families with an inside dog. Has anyone read this book? I'll be honest....I HATE to read-don't tell my kids- but if this is a good read I'll take the time to read. Reviews?

#43 ·
In reading these post the thought comes to mind of a comment Danny Farmer made in one of his videos about the 3 phases of dog trainers...When we are so quick to make fun of others that are not in our little circle , like Ceaser,Leerburg and others of different persuasions aren't we in danger of getting hung up in stage 2? ....The know it all group.....Pete, 2nd Tim 3:16 , not ever thing in this world is scripture but a lot sure is profitable for learning and living ,reproof,correction and wise instruction for living..... Steve S

#45 ·
I resisted watching his show for a long time because of the name. Assumed it was just another new age cookie trainer with an angle. Started watching a few years ago and was very impressed. He understands and reads dogs exceptionally well and his timing of corrections is almost perfect. In my opinion, the more you know about dogs, the more you can get from watching him work with dogs.
I would suggest that those who don't "get" what he's doing don't truly understand dogs or dog behavior. In my experience, many professional retriever trainers fall into this category, unfortunately. One man's opinion.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.