The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Toomey/Manchin defeated

Quote Originally Posted by Cody Covey View Post
    I don't understand what the bill was set to accomplish? From what I understand of it, it was making things that are illegal...illegal. Is that what all the outrage is about? The bill didn't affect private sales at all. Sales at gun shows and the internet are required to go through the background check process unless they are private sales. And the internet private sales cannot go across state lines. So again what did this accomplish?
    A photo-op
    "The thing I admire about the rat tail is that it takes commitment. It's not like one day you just decide you want one, you have to grow out that bad boy and you have to repeatedly convince the hairdresser to trust you because it's a great idea."

Quote Originally Posted by charly_t View Post
    Bingo ! Good post. A person wonders why anyone who has a brain could not see this.
    Simple, because they don't want to!!!
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Cody Covey View Post
    I don't understand what the bill was set to accomplish? From what I understand of it, it was making things that are illegal...illegal. Is that what all the outrage is about? The bill didn't affect private sales at all. Sales at gun shows and the internet are required to go through the background check process unless they are private sales. And the internet private sales cannot go across state lines. So again what did this accomplish?
    Here is what Obama had hoped to accomplish.
    Get the bull (oops, I mean bill)thru the senate, like Harry promised, and have the house vote it down.
    Then in the '14 elections this would be MORE he could blame on the Republicans.

Ultimate goal?
    Win the house back in '14 and have the Democrats control all 4 branches of the Government.

Executive
    Legislative
    Judiciary
    Media
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    You have a funny definition for "majority" I reckon.

For the life of me, I cannot understand why people are against background checks. And before you flame you for being against guns, you should know that I own nine, and I have a concealed carry permit in my pocket...
    51-49 Represents a majority.
    In the case of this vote, a majority on the US Senate chose not to persue the bill. Simple. He got his vote.

As for backround checks, I have no problem with the nix check other than it is lacking in data that could and most likely would have prevented many from purchasing a firearm. ( mental health data, inter dept data, spousal abuse data all lacking from a nix check)

I am 100% in favor of making what we currently have work better, but that does not mean a national gun registry. IMO it means putting better data in the system.
    Never trust a dog to watch your food!

What was really interesting is the ammendment to allow repriocity for carry permits, making one states permit good in all others, got a majority......i believe 51-49. I would have thought that one would have ended up similar to the Feinstein ban outcome. And please, please remember who voted for eroding your 2nd ammendment rights in every coming election from here on out. We all pretty much knew who was who in the Senate, but still, the sheeps cloak was ripped off these gun grabber wolves for all to see. I had written my Senators telling them that I would make it a point to rally support to defeat them in their next election whenever I could if they chose not to uphold the oath of the office they took. I will write Senator FRANKEN and KLOBUCHAR again to reiterate that point.

Quote Originally Posted by mjh345 View Post
    Very astute observation Bon.
    Her astronaut Husband should be ashamed of himselves; methinks he probably has future political aspirations and sadly is using his disabled wife as a stage prop to further his aspirations and get publicity & face time for his own self. Sadly in our celebrity crazed culture face time trumps everything including substance.
    What is disgusting is Obama in effect scolding those who voted to uphold the 2nd Amendment of the Constitution. They took an oath to do just that. The scolding should be given to those who didn't honor their oath. Hopefully the voters will remember and deliver their own scolding at the polls
    From a Constitutional standpoint the First 10 Am to the Constitution comprise the Bill of Rights. They arent negotiable. Any politician who want's to should be ousted. F
    From a practical standpoint anyone who goes into a school, movie theater, or other crowded public venue and opens fire is a despicable demented COWARD. The last thing a COWARD wants is the prospect of being confronted with equal or superior force. IMHO from a practical standpoint the way to minimize events like Sandy Hook is with the advancement of the arming of America, NOT the disarming of its citizenry.
    The Colo theatre killer had maps s of gun free zones and planned his attack with those in mind.

Whether or not I'm right or wrong on my premise is actually irrelevant though due to the fact that the 2nd Amendment & The Bill of Rights is not negotiable and shouldn't be subjected to emotional irrational assaults upon it
    Marc : I was thinking the same thing, but the man already has the resume to run for office, maybe the party is saving him for a heavyweight bout....but with his stance on the 2A he will be toxic in many areas of the country..to some extent he too is being pimped by this administration...I understand his agenda, I understand his devotion to his wife, I understand his anger

but maybe he has higher aspirations...its tough to be an astronaut one day and the next you are relegated to taking care of your loved one
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by HuntClub View Post
    What was really interesting is the ammendment to allow repriocity for carry permits, making one states permit good in all others, got a majority......i believe 51-49.
    This did not pass either...... just wanted to clarify. New York and Illinois would of shit a brick, if it had.
    SHR Presque Isle Jaeger Schwab JH (driving the bus)

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    Marc : I was thinking the same thing, but the man already has the resume to run for office, maybe the party is saving him for a heavyweight bout....but with his stance on the 2A he will be toxic in many areas of the country..to some extent he too is being pimped by this administration...I understand his agenda, I understand his devotion to his wife, I understand his anger

but maybe he has higher aspirations...its tough to be an astronaut one day and the next you are relegated to taking care of your loved one
    Just because he's a great astronaut, does not mean he will be a good politician. Look at Mccain. Military hero, terrible politician. There are plenty of examples. most of the politicians in WA would be fired from private sector jobs if they ran any business the way the have run this country.
    Bill Davis

and now Biden is saying the Pres is getting executive orders together to go where the legislation was stopped
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond Little View Post
    15,000 back ground checks came back and only 44 prosecuted last year. More of the same will not keep criminals from getting a gun and you should understand that Buzz. How many people in Shitcago were killed last year with a legally purchased pistol? Gun crime is a Black issue and until the Black community takes responsibility for the crime in their neighborhoods it will continue. If the Black community would look at where all the freebies have gotten them and who started the Freebies the answer is very clear. Their slave masters are the Demoratic party and have been for 50 years.
    Giving society a fish is the definition of insanity, Teach them to catch their own fish and then they become INDEPENDENT and Free Thinking and the D's just can't have that.
    Here, here!

And, thanks for my free lunch yesterday in the hood. Best soul food in town! Next one is on me.

We are going to make a Libertarian out of you yet.
    The Libertarian Party believes that all persons are entitled to keep the fruits of their labor. A call for the repeal of the income tax, abolishment of the Internal Revenue Service and all federal programs and services not required under the U.S. Constitution. We support the passage of a "Balanced Budget Amendment" to the U.S. Constitution, provided that the budget is balanced exclusively by cutting expenditures, and not by raising taxes. LP.org