The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Toomey/Manchin defeated

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    For the life of me, I cannot understand why people are against background checks.
    Buzz - you're a fairly intelligent guy - so I'll ask you this - There are several instances of mass shootings: Columbine, Ft. Hood, Giffords, Aurora & Sandy Hook - Which of these would have been prevented by background checks? Having had a couple + several security checks & have known of others, I don't believe they would be any different than what's in place .

IMO - were there no "gun free zones" & there was an ability to commit fruitcakes this would not be an issue. Who is that that we thank for the inability to commit mentally disturbed folks?

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

You have a funny definition for "majority" I reckon.

For the life of me, I cannot understand why people are against background checks. And before you flame you for being against guns, you should know that I own nine, and I have a concealed carry permit in my pocket...

Funny you bring that up. Are we now supposed you are wanting all to buy into the fact you are NOT a hypocrite? You Obama sycophants are all the same. Hayel YES, those of us that actually do believe in the Constitution and the 2nd amendment will always wonder just who the hayel you are when you vote Democrat and KNOW that batch of bastards are all in lock step with the regime, and will always vote against what we Americans find important.

Amazingly, even your Senator, the Democrat that isn't even playing any longer with a full deck, voted against that bill. GFF eh? Somehow even he got the message that this bill had nothing to do with just background checks...we already have plenty of those laws. And he isn't up for re-election, so no possible motive other than to believe that bill was a phoney attempt at getting more laws to hinder law-abiding citizens, and NOTHING to do with making it harder for criminals, or providing more protection for school kids or movie goers. Only fools like you that helped elect this oligarchy, and still believe they aren't after a complete confiscation of all guns, continue to genuflect at every bill the Democrats and RINOs want passed so this administration will further their goal to get every gun out of the hands of the law-abiding people.

Just a small reminder that you have obviously forgotten: "If guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns." Cliche'd, I know, but still true.

UB

PS FWIW, What is your definition of "majority"? When most of the Senators vote against the bill, that's not a "majority" in you Democrat mind?
    Last edited by Uncle Bill; 04-19-2013 at 02:38 PM. Reason: add PS
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.

For the life of me, I cannot understand why people are against background checks. And before you flame you for being against guns, you should know that I own nine, and I have a concealed carry permit in my pocket...
    Because that will not satisfy the "incremental progressives" whose ultimate goal is to disarm the citizenry.

It would just be 1 more "increment" towards the end.

Not sure why I posted this, because you as well as eveyone else already know this!!!!
    Stan b & Elvis

Just once, once, I wish the Left would grow some BALLS and tell errybody what they really want done on Guns, Economy, Immigration, ect.
    "Character is doing the right thing when nobody is watching"....J.C. Watts

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond Little View Post
    Just once, once, I wish the Left would grow some BALLS and tell errybody what they really want done on Guns, Economy, Immigration, ect.
    Left, right, doesn't matter. Politicians don't tell the truth or the whole story EVER!!
    I hate rude behavior in a man, won't tolerate it. Captain Woodrow Call

Ah, but it does slip out sometimes BUT the msm doesn't ask them to elaborate. The MFL's do their level best to avoid showing their hand at all cost and when they do the media changes the subject ala Ben Gazi the actor.
    "Character is doing the right thing when nobody is watching"....J.C. Watts