The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Master National Retriever Club Proposed Amendment

Hudson Highland Hunting Retriever Association , at the spring meeting today , held in conjunction with our ICE BREAKER event , voted NO on the proposed by laws change.
    I did not bring this up during the discussion , but one thing I thought of , that I did not see in this thread (didn't read all comments) , is IMO ,we should wait until we see how the rule change limiting entries on the weekends plays out before instituting more change . Went 14 for 14 on shooting flyer pigeons today regards ...
    SEMPER FI . FROM MY COLD , DEAD HANDS .

www.bashakilllabradors.com

Quote Originally Posted by John Kelder View Post
    Hudson Highland Hunting Retriever Association , at the spring meeting today , held in conjunction with our ICE BREAKER event , voted NO on the proposed by laws change.
    I did not bring this up during the discussion , but one thing I thought of , that I did not see in this thread (didn't read all comments) , is IMO ,we should wait until we see how the rule change limiting entries on the weekends plays out before instituting more change . Went 14 for 14 on shooting flyer pigeons today regards ...
    Kudos on the pigeon flyers Mr. Kelder.

Kudos for Club Vote "NO", and I agree with your thinking here, gee willies, can we have some time to collect and analyze data on limited entries before we split the baby AGAIN!
    Cindy Von Sutphen

Dai Suki Desu MH
    Reed Lanes Ladies Love a Rockstar CGC
    LPK's If I Can Call You Betty (da behbeh gurl)

I am not saying it won't, but how do limiting entries at the club level affect the MN? As I understood it, the purpose behind limiting entries was to help clubs with grounds, help etc.
    Tom Dorroh

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas D View Post
    I am not saying it won't, but how do limiting entries at the club level affect the MN? As I understood it, the purpose behind limiting entries was to help clubs with grounds, help etc.
    Hmmm, Lets review: AKC agrees to Limit Master HT entries to 60 (to Help Clubs because of grounds/workers/blah blah), Revenue down. Next thing you know, Master National is pitching the argument of "we need to lower entries for the same reasons", BUT......The SOLUTION IS *RUN SIX MORE MASTER TESTS after you TITLE*(REVENUE UP FOR AKC), but pitch the selling point of young dogs not being able to Handle a MN to make the entries more manageable?

That's an orgy of strange bed fellows I want a Fly's eye view of.
    Cindy Von Sutphen

Dai Suki Desu MH
    Reed Lanes Ladies Love a Rockstar CGC
    LPK's If I Can Call You Betty (da behbeh gurl)

You are spot on with the reasoning - but a possible side effect is less qualifiers for the MN because folks didn't get in on enough tests in their area.

Quote Originally Posted by cpmm665 View Post
    Hmmm, Lets review: AKC agrees to Limit Master HT entries to 60 (to Help Clubs because of grounds/workers/blah blah), Revenue down. Next thing you know, Master National is pitching the argument of "we need to lower entries for the same reasons", BUT......The SOLUTION IS *RUN SIX MORE MASTER TESTS after you TITLE*(REVENUE UP FOR AKC), but pitch the selling point of young dogs not being able to Handle a MN to make the entries more manageable?

That's an orgy of strange bed fellows I want a Fly's eye view of.
    AND - if the concern is so great for what dogs can and cannot handle , why not require a dog MUST go thru JH and SH before being eligible to run a Master ? I do not agree with that solution BTW......

and you have strange viewing habits Ms. Cindy .....LOL

This thread has a lot of debate on solutions to a real or percieved problem of too many MN entries. The truth is there is only one rule proposal on the docket. I have contacted the officers of my clubs and expressed my opinion. I want my clubs to vote NO on the proposed amendment. Regardless of your opinion, I urge all to make their views known to your club.
    Mark Land

You are spot on with the reasoning - but a possible side effect is less qualifiers for the MN because folks didn't get in on enough tests in their area.
    How can we determine if the limited entries causes a lower than normal (whatever that is) MN entry? Seems like most people, especially pros, will just go on to the next test.
    Tom Dorroh

How can we determine if the limited entries causes a lower than normal (whatever that is) MN entry? Seems like most people, especially pros, will just go on to the next test.
    I think it will only be determined after a season or two to make an educated comparison .

AND - if the concern is so great for what dogs can and cannot handle , why not require a dog MUST go thru JH and SH before being eligible to run a Master ? I do not agree with that solution BTW......
    I wouldn't like that much.

I would like it if they made it so that it was at least worth it, to run Senior first.
    As it stands right now, you have to pass 5 Senior tests to get one pass closer to a MH.

Passing 4 Seasoned tests, gets you 3 Finished passes knocked off of an HRCH.