The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast

Thread: Master National Retriever Club Proposed Amendment

Maybe the folks who've run it, got the MN Title are satisfied now and will drop out and pursue other venues? Always a possibility that after a few years you'll see a big drop in entries. Happens at HT's. Sort of a cycle. One year a big pile of JH dogs, year or two later a big jump in MH dogs then, all the bottom drops out for a year or two.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by TroyFeeken View Post
    Limit the number of dogs that a pro can bring and run to the MN. That'll immediately drop the entry numbers. Hopefully bringing the amateur back into the game more. If their pro qualifies their dog under the current rules, then the pro has to decide what dogs to take and force the owners to handle their own dog.
    BINGO, about time we had a good idea. BTW from my perspective the dog that became a MH as a 2 year old is one hell of a dog and should not be penalized. But after running 12 events and then a MN in a year should look stupid for sure.
    Jason Brion
    www.jlbretrievers.com

HRCH Brion's Zoey MH QAA
    HR Ruff River's Black Magic Marker MH QAA
    HRCH JLB Rough's Roman Goddess MH QAA
    HR JLB Steady As A Rock JH

How on Earth, does limiting the number of dogs that a Pro can enter, bring the Amateur "back into" the game more?

Seriously????!!!!

An Amateur, is limited far more by a week long event, than they will ever be by the number of dogs being run by Pro Handlers.

Quote Originally Posted by copterdoc View Post
    How on Earth, does limiting the number of dogs that a Pro can enter, bring the Amateur "back into" the game more?

Seriously????!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by copterdoc View Post
    An Amateur, is limited far more by a week long event, than they will ever be by the number of dogs being run by Pro Handlers.
    I agree. If the point is to limit the number of dogs in the MN, limiting the number of dogs a pro can run will probably do that. It will not increase the number of amateurs running--it will only make it more expensive for the clients of the pros since the expenses will be spread over fewer dogs.

Wasn't it in 2010 that the MN decided to offer the MNH? That seems to be a big incentive to get people from all over the country to make the trip more often. The people with time and money to do so - or have a pro run the dog (still money).

When I think of it this way, I begin to lose some respect of the MN Board to not have the foresight to see that this will raise the entry numbers! And gee, that might become a 'problem'?

Debbie

Quote Originally Posted by knash3 View Post
    This is defined as a capacity problem, so needs a capacity solution. Not higher standards (scores or # passes), not judges choosing a winner each week. Having multiple National tests at multiple locations increases the capacity, eases travel and cost burdens, increases participant capacity. When the grocery store lines get long, they open more check-out lines. They don't send home the customers who aren't spending more than $X or have fewer than #Y items. Capacity...
    BINGO well stated.

half way between Cat Springs and Raccoon Bend - Texas

Exactly.

If they wanted to put the title one it, perhaps if a dog passed once, the title would have been granted. And that could have ended the incentive for many to return year after year.

But, no it takes 3 passes and the you get a new title for each pass after that. So there is always a carrot held out there to go back. Thus the numbers will always increase.
    When it stops being fun, I will find something else to do with my time and money.

The Lady

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Duck Hunter View Post
    Exactly.

If they wanted to put the title one it, perhaps if a dog passed once, the title would have been granted. And that could have ended the incentive for many to return year after year.

But, no it takes 3 passes and the you get a new title for each pass after that. So there is always a carrot held out there to go back. Thus the numbers will always increase.
    I agree totally with your remark. A dog that passes such a hard test should get the title MNH the first pass and that would relieve a lot of preasure on having to keep going and going. If you do want to keep going then get the numerical designation.It might go like this;MNH,MNH2,MNH3, MNH HOF. No need to get a MNH8

Quote Originally Posted by bubba View Post
    just press the easy button.

Mnrc=owner/handler

done

don't make stuff harder than it is regards
    bubba

great idea!
    HOME OF:
    Waterspook Sables Dark Secret, MH (Sable)
    Trumarcs Bankshot Bandit, MH ( Fats)
    Waterspook Tomfoolery, SH ( Tommie)
    IN MEMORY OF::
    Waterspook Bankshot Whiz Bang,JH (Jesse)
    Waterspooks Girl Named Bill, SH ( Billie- my princess.....)
    Waterspook Kickin' Gunshot, SH ( Boom)
    Waterspook Kickin' Good Time MH(Kick)
    Waterspooks Partner In Crime, SH ( Bouncer)
    Brush Creek Waterspook, JH, WC- my first girl.(Spooky)