The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker

Thread: Inteceptor/Advantix substitute

Default Inteceptor/Advantix substitute

I am currently using the above with good results.

Since Inteceptor is no longer available, I was thinking about going to Sentinel/Advantix. However, that doubles up on the flea protection and I am not so sure that is a safe thing to do. The reason I want to stick with Advantix is the tick protection and dogs not have to wear tick collars.

Would appreciate any vet advice.
    Tom Dorroh

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas D View Post
    I am currently using the above with good results.

Since Inteceptor is no longer available, I was thinking about going to Sentinel/Advantix. However, that doubles up on the flea protection and I am not so sure that is a safe thing to do. The reason I want to stick with Advantix is the tick protection and dogs not have to wear tick collars

Would appreciate any vet advice.
    The flea "protection" is different, one kills adults the other prevents reproduction, not a safety issue

Thanks. That's the answer I was hoping for.
    Tom Dorroh

Not feeling great about Advantix.

I applied a full dose on Thursday and traveled to tick central for a two day hunt test on Saturday. Both days, my dogs had embedded ticks - two of the ticks were engorged.

The best results I've had in the past were with Revolution, think I'll go back to that unless someone has bad news about it.

The best results that I've seen is from Vectra 3d. I've been told by other people who use it that they have seen ill effects from their dogs after they put it on them, almost immediately. I have been using it for two years and have yet to find a tick on either of my dogs.