The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Stay inside, lock doors, load guns

Default Stay inside, lock doors, load guns

Residents told to "stay inside, lock their doors, and load their guns" Oh, wait a minute, this is Massachusetts, they aren't allowed to own guns, so they better hope the cops, who cornered these guys in a neighborhood and then let one get away, catch him before he breaks down the door.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

Heard that on one of the news clips this morning and wondered if anyone else (liberal media) would pick up on it.
    Julie R., Hope Springs Farm
    Chesapeake Bay Retrievers since 1981

How many east coast gun control enthusiasts in the Boston area do you think are cowering in their basements right now saying, “Damn, I wish I had a gun!” The irony is classic.
    CPR HRCH Scott's Sweet Brandy
    Kankakee River HRC
    NRA Life Member
    Pheasants Forever
    Delta Waterfowl

Quote Originally Posted by duckheads View Post
    How many east coast gun control enthusiasts in the Boston area do you think are cowering in their basements right now saying, “Damn, I wish I had a gun!” The irony is classic.
    How many Gun toting owners across the country right now are wishing that the perp was in their neighborhood and would just try to bust through the front door...just once...click
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

I have to think that someone in the position of that fugitive would have to choose VERY carefully before breaking into a house here where I live.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

Quote Originally Posted by HPL View Post
    I have to think that someone in the position of that fugitive would have to choose VERY carefully before breaking into a house here where I live.
    Yep, even us old birds are likely to be dangerous around here.
    charly

There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~

You guys are hilarious! What a warped picture you have of New Englanders..........-Paul
    there's no good reason to fatten up a retriever.

Quote Originally Posted by paul young View Post
    You guys are hilarious! What a warped picture you have of New Englanders..........-Paul
    Why do you suppose that is????
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Why do you suppose that is????
    I have no idea.

Perhaps you guys and gals need to come to New England and hang out at a hunt test, field trial, rod and gun club, go hunting or fishing, ETC. with me. It just might broaden their extremely narrow point of view.

However, the Texans wouldn't like hunting here much. No senderos laced with bait dispensers spewing corn and oats, no tree houses with heaters and kitchens,or leased rice fields or artificially flooded green timber around here. In New England, you better have above average woodsmanship skills if you're going to be successful.-Paul
    there's no good reason to fatten up a retriever.

Quote Originally Posted by paul young View Post
    I have no idea.

Perhaps you guys and gals need to come to New England and hang out at a hunt test, field trial, rod and gun club, go hunting or fishing, ETC. with me. It just might broaden their extremely narrow point of view.

However, the Texans wouldn't like hunting here much. No senderos laced with bait dispensers spewing corn and oats, no tree houses with heaters and kitchens,or leased rice fields or artificially flooded green timber around here. In New England, you better have above average woodsmanship skills if you're going to be successful.-Paul
    I spent a week in Windsor one night!
    Stan b & Elvis