The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Stay inside, lock doors, load guns

Quote Originally Posted by paul young View Post
    I have no idea.

Perhaps you guys and gals need to come to New England and hang out at a hunt test, field trial, rod and gun club, go hunting or fishing, ETC. with me. It just might broaden their extremely narrow point of view.

However, the Texans wouldn't like hunting here much. No senderos laced with bait dispensers spewing corn and oats, no tree houses with heaters and kitchens,or leased rice fields or artificially flooded green timber around here. In New England, you better have above average woodsmanship skills if you're going to be successful.-Paul
    Where do we check what kind of guns and accesories the local government will allow us to use, if we decide to visit?

Quote Originally Posted by HuntClub View Post
    Where do we check what kind of guns and accesories the local government will allow us to use, if we decide to visit?
    You don't need to. I have loaners.-Paul
    there's no good reason to fatten up a retriever.

you don't need a gun if you got a HOPPA
    That's my boy "Blue"!!!! Flyin High in the Passenger Side x Katie May of Belgrade

Tax payers would be much better served with an armed citizenry capable of defending themselves!
    Collecting more taxes than is absolutely necessary is legalized robbery. Calvin Coolidge

Rememeber how much armament they brought to Waco for Koresh...I dont think the First Armored Division from Fort Hood has seen as big a deployment since Desert Storm

if this administration knew where he was they would just call for a drone strike
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

I have no idea.

Perhaps you guys and gals need to come to New England and hang out at a hunt test, field trial, rod and gun club, go hunting or fishing, ETC. with me. It just might broaden their extremely narrow point of view.

However, the Texans wouldn't like hunting here much. No senderos laced with bait dispensers spewing corn and oats, no tree houses with heaters and kitchens,or leased rice fields or artificially flooded green timber around here. In New England, you better have above average woodsmanship skills if you're going to be successful.-Paul

Haven't killed anything anywhere near a feeder in over 30 years. Come hunt nilgai in 95 degree weather across the wild horse desert. That'll take the starch out of your socks.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

I have no idea.

Speaking of narrow points of view... and spewing

You love to go on and on about Texans hunting over bait from treestands. You are the kind of "sportsman" the antis love. Just throw out a topic like bait... and indignant guys like you come a running... Just what we need. More attacks on a legal form of hunting and outdoor recreation (from within, supposedly).

Most good hunters are smart enough to adapt their tactics to the area they hunt, as opposed to insisting that his or her way is the only way to do it. Every region of the country has their way of doing things... and generally they have a reason for doing them the way they do. Such as the cover is so high, thick and prickly that your New England hide would be torn to shreds trying to show someone what a fantastic woodsman you are... If I was in your area, I would hunt the way you do. If I was in South Texas, I would hunt the way South Texans do. Ranchers and outfitters call guys who want to do it their way "rubberheads" for a reason.
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    Speaking of narrow points of view... and spewing

You love to go on and on about Texans hunting over bait from treestands. You are the kind of "sportsman" the antis love. Just throw out a topic like bait... and indignant guys like you come a running... Just what we need. More attacks on a legal form of hunting and outdoor recreation (from within, supposedly).

Most good hunters are smart enough to adapt their tactics to the area they hunt, as opposed to insisting that his or her way is the only way to do it. Every region of the country has their way of doing things... and generally they have a reason for doing them the way they do. Such as the cover is so high, thick and prickly that your New England hide would be torn to shreds trying to show someone what a fantastic woodsman you are... If I was in your area, I would hunt the way you do. If I was in South Texas, I would hunt the way South Texans do. Ranchers and outfitters call guys who want to do it their way "rubberheads" for a reason.

I must be missing something. Educate me as to how that is hunting. Where is the fair chase?

I think you need to experience the greenbriar, wild rose, mountain laurel and bittersweet tangles we deal with around here.-Paul
    there's no good reason to fatten up a retriever.

I must be missing something. Educate me as to how that is hunting. Where is the fair chase?

I think you need to experience the greenbriar, wild rose, mountain laurel and bittersweet tangles we deal with around here.-Paul
    I've hunted all over the country Paul and have enjoyed learning from the local hunters the methods that work best for them. I'm sure I would enjoy your neck of the woods and the challenges it presents, but no more or less than many of the other places from coast to coast I've been fortunate to hunt.
    Last edited by huntinman; 04-19-2013 at 09:18 PM.
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post

Tax payers would be much better served with an armed citizenry capable of defending themselves!
    What Franco just pointed out is EXACTLY correct!!!!!!!

We DONT need a Police state. We cant afford a Police state.. We can and should protect ourselves,, and government should NOT get in the way by taking our rights away to do so..

Franco.. thnk you for those pictures,, I think it says VOLUMES of what we have become........ DEPENDANT...... The INDIVIDUAL is a past entity.

Gooser
    Last edited by MooseGooser; 04-20-2013 at 09:05 AM.
    It is far easier to spit on the work of others than it is to produce something better yourself.
    Brynmoors Prairie Sage JH ​(Sage) Just a dang fool huntin Dawg
    HRCH Calypso Seven Bales High SH (Bailey)
    HR Calypso Zoomin Loosies Mad Hader (Maddi) We loved you baby. R.I.P.
    FlatLanders Broken Pistol Ricochet SH (Flinch)

My Christian Name is Michael Baker..
    I have gone by "Gooser" since I was a "gossling"