The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Stay inside, lock doors, load guns

And I say this out of no disrespect to our police departments.
    I have the utmost respect for them.
    But seriously,, you look at those pictures, and think this was the streets of America, in basically a volunteer Marshall law situation, going door to door searching for a 19 yr old murderer...
    It is far easier to spit on the work of others than it is to produce something better yourself.
    Brynmoors Prairie Sage JH ​(Sage) Just a dang fool huntin Dawg
    HRCH Calypso Seven Bales High SH (Bailey)
    HR Calypso Zoomin Loosies Mad Hader (Maddi) We loved you baby. R.I.P.
    FlatLanders Broken Pistol Ricochet SH (Flinch)

My Christian Name is Michael Baker..
    I have gone by "Gooser" since I was a "gossling"

Quote Originally Posted by MooseGooser View Post
    And I say this out of no disrespect to our police departments.
    I have the utmost respect for them.
    But seriously,, you look at those pictures, and think this was the streets of America, in basically a volunteer Marshall law situation, going door to door searching for a 19 yr old murderer...
    Gooser, what would you do differently? You are in a densly populated neighborhood, multiple places to hide, known to have bombs, armed, not sure if you are a single individual or part of a cell( only 2 had been identified ) and charged with keeping innocents safe. In addition, hoping to take him alive to determine if anymore ARE involved.

While in may seem like overkill ( pardon the verbage ), an urban search is difficult at best and in this case complicated by the presense of bombs.

IMO, they did a pretty darn good job.
    Never trust a dog to watch your food!

It does make you wonder though what would have happened if a homeowner refused to let them search their house. Would they have searched it by force? Would they have attempted to get a warrant? What would even be probable cause for a search warrant?
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

I would have told the authorities that either I would be dead or the suspect would be dead, so there's no need to search this house.

Quote Originally Posted by Golddogs View Post
    Gooser, what would you do differently? You are in a densly populated neighborhood, multiple places to hide, known to have bombs, armed, not sure if you are a single individual or part of a cell( only 2 had been identified ) and charged with keeping innocents safe. In addition, hoping to take him alive to determine if anymore ARE involved.

While in may seem like overkill ( pardon the verbage ), an urban search is difficult at best and in this case complicated by the presense of bombs.

Yes

I live in a neighborhood of VERY dense people.. I blend in very well..

If a population is armed, and can protect its self,, I dont believe you have to have the governmental attitude of what we saw in Boston..

If a band of Governmental agents show up at my door and want to gain entry to do a search to protect ME,, and I POLITELY explain to them, that my home is fine, and I am armed, and protecting it..that should be enough for them to move on, and concentrate their efforts where they need be.. I dont know if that was permitted in the Boston area or not,, but the media coverage led me to believe they demanded entrance to homes...

Remember, officials told residents, lock you doors stay inside , load your guns.... THAT is VERY good advice, except that there is a part of the solution missing in many cities..

Just so everyone understands my point of view, and doesnt decide to go to the government, and complain Gooser might be a kook, and need investigating,, If I was in that situation,, and those FBI, ATF,CIA guys came to my door,, I would most likely co -operate... I dont have a THING to hide,, at least until folks VOTE to may make some of my posessions illegal.....

Look,, I dont want to see a FUNDIMENTAL change to our liberty, and freedom, and the way we as Americans live our lives,, due to and act like this (the bombing) Otherwise,, the terrorists have won!!!
    There are inherant risks we accept everyday living in a free society...

JMHDAO, living amongst dense people regards:

Gooser

Gooser
    It is far easier to spit on the work of others than it is to produce something better yourself.

ME!!!!!!!

My HERO!!!

Keep in mind also, the discovery of the location of the thug, wasn't made due to a home search by the government, it was a citizen who found the twerp in his boat .

I believe that premise had been previously searched by officials

Actually, the police hadn't been there. The boat was about a half mile outside of the perimeter they set up where all that show of force was used. They also had reportedly found blood on a porch just outside the perimeter. What I can't figure is since they knew about where the kid bailed out of the car, and he was bleeding, why they couldn't track him with a dog?

some neigbors said it was hard to hear the gun shots over his wife screaming " YOU HAD TO BUY ANOTHER BOAT, DIDN'T YOU!" All kidding aside, I don't post here often but I am so glad they got this punk without any more loss of life. I hope they get the info they need from him and then he is tried and given the death penalty.
    The mightiest oak was once a small nut that stood its ground

Quote Originally Posted by Golddogs View Post

The cops that caught the guy did a good job...

But the media is going to portray this as a great job of stopping the terrorists... It wasn't. The attack happened. Then they robbed a bank and killed a cop. This was a security failure. They caught this punk after a lot of death, injury and mayhem.
    Bill Davis