The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Media sensationalism

Default Media sensationalism

Allergies kept me up last night so have basically seen about 12 hrs. of non stop coverage about the Boston terrorist pair. While it is a terrible tragedy for sure, I keep thinking these sick wack jobs that shoot up schools and plant bombs are egged on by the immortalization they know they'll get from the media. Is it really necessary to show their photos every 60 seconds? I can't help but think that at this very moment, there is a sicko out there watching all the nonstop coverage and plotting to go out in a blaze of glory so he, too can become immortal on TV and social media.
    Julie R., Hope Springs Farm
    Chesapeake Bay Retrievers since 1981

Quote Originally Posted by Julie R. View Post
    Allergies kept me up last night so have basically seen about 12 hrs. of non stop coverage about the Boston terrorist pair. While it is a terrible tragedy for sure, I keep thinking these sick wack jobs that shoot up schools and plant bombs are egged on by the immortalization they know they'll get from the media. Is it really necessary to show their photos every 60 seconds? I can't help but think that at this very moment, there is a sicko out there watching all the nonstop coverage and plotting to go out in a blaze of glory so he, too can become immortal on TV and social media.
    I feel the same way Julie. Sure could be a big plus for some outcast attention starved loser to know that by doing something stupid they will be immortalized by every news outlet

I fairness to the media at this point one is still at large and law enforcement has asked for the public's help in locating him. They are the ones releasing some of the new pics of him.
    After they are captured or dead, then stop showing them.
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

I agree but I just heard that the surviving terrorist might be headed to CT or NY. Considering I live just over the Throgs Neck Bridge, I don't mind hearing the constant news right now. Don't forget, he may still be carrying explosives.
    "I love the rod and gun and where they take me."

"Do not judge a man until you have walked two moons in his moccasins."

I would like to know how, in this era...... that anyone drives away from that shootout. For Christ's sake, they should have had every helicopter they have following that car..... oh and how inconspicuous is a Mercedes riddled with bullet holes..... he should have been found by now....... seriously???????? Pathetic police work, IMO...... or the media is not telling us the whole story.... Seriously, this has me baffled.........
    SHR Presque Isle Jaeger Schwab JH (driving the bus)

if there is one thing that Fox News does that drives me insane, is that they take a story and just bludgeon you with it, especially the ones where a trial is taking place...you would have thought the Casey Anthony or Jody Arias trials were the only things happening in the world..the 24/7 news cycle doesnt mean I want to see the same story for 24/7..enough already
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

BTW, if that Mercedes is from this decade, it most likely has GPS..... anyone grab a plate number???? link to VIN, voila...... GPS track that SOB...... I don't get it......

Wait....... just read the suspect fled on foot????? Seriously???? twenty cops couldn't keep up with, or hit a fleeing 19 yr old terrorist???? Even more confusing if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by troy schwab View Post
    I would like to know how, in this era...... that anyone drives away from that shootout. For Christ's sake, they should have had every helicopter they have following that car..... oh and how inconspicuous is a Mercedes riddled with bullet holes..... he should have been found by now....... seriously???????? Pathetic police work, IMO...... or the media is not telling us the whole story.... Seriously, this has me baffled.........
    You do realize that the police might not be releasing all the pertinent information...
    Kevin Entwistle

WGD (Worlds Greatest Dog) Cinci Redstocking "Loki", born: Jan. 22, 1999, RIP November 13, 2011
    "Lars" Chilian with the Rainmaker, born: Feb. 2, 2010

"That which you manifest is before you" (The Art of Racing in the Rain)

"Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have ... The course of history shows that as a government grows, liberty decreases." Thomas Jefferson

Why doesn't erryone up there just go out to their backyard and fire off a couple rounds from their double barrel shotgun?
    That's a sure fire way to make sure he won't come into their house.
    Hopefully they catch the bastard and Water Board him prior to gutting him.
    Just Win