The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Trials and Sponsorship

Okay was not going to get in to this but I will say this Blake is a relative newbie to FT and I have met him and he seems like a real good guy. I can't speak for him but I don't think his intentions are as bad as they may seem or the way some of you are portraying them to be. I will also say this there are worse politics between judges and handlers and people that are supposed to be amateur but we all know there are loop holes in that process. If the city if Little Rock says its worth it to them to get there name out there then what difference does it make to you. He pays his taxes just like everybody else he's just trying to get some back. Don't you wish you could? And to say that he is trying to run a scheme or scam money out of any body is BS. That would imply that he would be lying to get money which he is not so maybe some people should think before they go trying to run somebody's character down that they don't know. People seam to want to do that while sitting behind a computer screen. Joking and kidding around are one thing but out right slander is another.

B I would say that if you intend on running FT and amateurs then pass on this idea. Because sponsorship and HT doesn't really come in to play because there is no meaning behind some being am or pro. Because technically you would be compensated for training and running that dog no matter wether you own it or not.

Also just know that on this site you have to have some thick skin. They are not overly receptive to new guys and some can be a$$'$ some times. Get with me and come train next weekend.
    Bryan Manning

Country Boy Retrievers
    HRCH BM's Crank It Up Daisy QAA "Daisy"
    Country Boys Locked n Loaded "Trigger"

Also at this point even if for some strange reason it was approved I would not accept it to retain my amateur status so its a moot point now.

Roseberry I like your thinking though if we switch over to the hunt test game I'll give it a second go. Lol jk
    Last edited by blake_mhoona; 04-23-2013 at 05:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by blake_mhoona View Post
    Also at this point even if for some strange reason it was approved I would not accept it to retain my amateur status so its a mute point now.

Roseberry I like your thinking though if we switch over to the hunt test game I'll give it a second go. Lol jk
    That would be a moot point... Just sayin'.
    Bill Davis

I would like to take a tour of Europe. I will take a suit case full of "Little Rock"T shirts and Ball caps with me if you can get the city to pay for my trip.
    Thanks
    Pete
    John 5 :30
    I can of my own self do nothing ,as I hear , I judge,,and my judgement is just, because I seek not my own will,,but the will of the father which hath sent me
    John 7:16 -- Jesus answered them and said my doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me.
    mark 16:9 -- So then after the lord had spoken unto them,he was received up in heaven, and sat on the right hand of God
    I Tim. 2:5 --For there is one God and one mediator between God and man ,, the man Christ Jesus

blake.
    under my proposed scenario your would be travel would be as an employee of the city. you would be going places as an ambassador on promotional trips. let the city pay for your travel and lodging to the next "approved destination"(out of state trial). you pay your own entry fees for the weekend @ $80/dog. you are not a professional you are simply running a dog in a trial incedental to your work for the city.

i don't think anyone would would not let you run an am based on that. it would be like telling some am who was judging the open who might have their fuel and lodging paid for by the club, that they couldn't run their young dog in the derby on friday without sacrificing am status?(does this happen? idk?)
    john mccallie

I hope I'm not the only one here who would be outraged if I found out a dime on my tax $ was subsidising a govt employee's hoby.

Sorry Blake , IMHO the fact that you would even consider asking is indicative of the problems we have in this country.

Bert
    Bert Rodgers

If Little Rock wants to get more people in Little Rock, get some more grounds built for public use. Between Little Rock and the current grounds and Mayflower, the citizens might see a real return on their "investment". Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by rbr View Post
    I hope I'm not the only one here who would be outraged if I found out a dime on my tax $ was subsidising a govt employee's hoby.

Sorry Blake , IMHO the fact that you would even consider asking is indicative of the problems we have in this country.

Bert
    The govt. can only give away what it takes away. Some people don't get that.

Field trials are not exactly high profile events.
    Bert Rodgers

Quote Originally Posted by rbr View Post

Bert
    I'm outraged that I have to support a crack head with ten baby's. That sits on there butt and does nothing while accepting a check. Driving a Cadillac and eating steak and lobster on my dime. And because they cant buy dog food on their EBT CARD they feed the dog the steak. That's what's wrong with this country!

But someone who has worked there whole life and payed there taxes what's the big deal. This I will guarantee he has probably payed more taxes in his short life time than he will ever get back on entry fees. So I don't look at it as him spending my tax dollar he is spending his. I would rather pay him to run a trial than the other. Like a bonus for working hard and paying taxes not sitting on your butt and having baby's.
    Bryan Manning

Country Boy Retrievers
    HRCH BM's Crank It Up Daisy QAA "Daisy"
    Country Boys Locked n Loaded "Trigger"