The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Trials and Sponsorship

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    Come on man... Seinfeld? Humor? You are wound a little tight.
    I think what it is Bill is a chat we usualy have over on potus is here on the main page and some of the kids don't feel comfie in the deep end of the pool. Others forgot thay ain't in potus and started to pee. Main page has that pretend blue stuff
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Usually before someone gets sponsored they need a performance record that is looked up to. All though the T-ball I watched yesterday had sponsors. They also did not keep score. HPW
    Last edited by HarryWilliams; 04-21-2013 at 06:30 PM.
    "Sometimes we just gotta do what is right". Jerry 2006

See ya in the field. HPW

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman

Do I detect a slight man crush going on here?

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GnSwz-9LLc4
    Quote Originally Posted by mjh345 View Post
    Who? Roadkill & you?
    What Bill and I have for each other is "respect."
    Stan b & Elvis

Ethics: Doing the right thing when no one else is looking...
    Kendall Layne

HR(2xHRCH) Ashland's Big Black Ruby to Go SH
    Dorie's Lady of the Lake(1K bird club)

Never play leap frog with a unicorn.

It seems to me that the best thing for the city and the sport would not be to sponsor an individual but sponsor a trial in the area or work to attract the MN or the NFC or something. The bang for the buck in terms of hotel tax, people spending $ in the area would be better. Huntsville, AL visitors bureau seems to get a fair amount of mileage from doing SRS stuff, although that is televised

Dear Jay: Recently as I was looking for my callbacks Sat pm I discovered a group of people who have very strong opinions regarding having the city of Little Rock sponsor their dog. After reading 6 pages of --- would you, as the Head of the Little Rock Chamber of Commerce and as the owner of a currently running FC/AFC Ride Sally Ride, inform these people what your city's policy is. The majority of the RTF people have never been to or run a licensed field trial and thus they are unaware of procedures and the people who do. Strange that your dog and your passion are unknown within the city government. SEE YOU A__ I told you that just because you win an Open and Qualify for Nationals you are still a "NOBODY".

just to those interested first thing monday morning i found the secretary and asked her if she could give me back my packet as i was no longer interested in having the city sponsor me. she said "oh any reason why" i said i'd rather not have the city sponsor my hobby or lose my amateur status.

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    Dear Jay: Recently as I was looking for my callbacks Sat pm I discovered a group of people who have very strong opinions regarding having the city of Little Rock sponsor their dog. After reading 6 pages of --- would you, as the Head of the Little Rock Chamber of Commerce and as the owner of a currently running FC/AFC Ride Sally Ride, inform these people what your city's policy is. The majority of the RTF people have never been to or run a licensed field trial and thus they are unaware of procedures and the people who do. Strange that your dog and your passion are unknown within the city government. SEE YOU A__ I told you that just because you win an Open and Qualify for Nationals you are still a "NOBODY".
    I am laughing so hard it hurts. . . . BAAADDDD! Another perfect example of how people on the internet think they are invisible and toss out all kinds of opinions. While the people that ARE somebody or are INVOLVED in something, remain anonymous. I do hope the OP has not run afoul of his employers.
    Carol,
    Owned and handled by Cruisin' with Indiana Jones, JH
    Alternate Handler: Westwind Buffalo Soldier
    Apprentice Handler: Snake River Medicine Man, JH
    http://newhoperetrievers.com

Quote Originally Posted by blake_mhoona View Post
    just to those interested first thing monday morning i found the secretary and asked her if she could give me back my packet as i was no longer interested in having the city sponsor me. she said "oh any reason why" i said i'd rather not have the city sponsor my hobby or lose my amateur status.
    Lanse laid out the perfect opportunity. Call and get the Chamber to sponsor you instead of the city.

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post

I have seen a truck that parks around the chamber with a 2 or 3 hole dog box and often wondered I wish I knew who that was so we could train. Now I know.

Is this a letter u sent to him? Now I am afraid my ignorance on the procedures and trials may lead to what 2tall mentioned in his comment?