The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Trials and Sponsorship

I believe Mr. Brown resides in Alabama. He drives a van too, lol. Don't sweat it, everyone has bad ideas from time to time.
    Quote Originally Posted by blake_mhoona View Post
    I have seen a truck that parks around the chamber with a 2 or 3 hole dog box and often wondered I wish I knew who that was so we could train. Now I know.

Is this a letter u sent to him? Now I am afraid my ignorance on the procedures and trials may lead to what 2tall mentioned in his comment?

Quote Originally Posted by claimsadj View Post
    I believe Mr. Brown resides in Alabama. He drives a van too, lol. Don't sweat it, everyone has bad ideas from time to time.
    Jay chessir the addressee in his letter is the Little Rock Chamber of Commerce director. he is the one that owns the AFC/FC he mentioned. it is his truck that i'm assuming i have seen

So if you have sponsorship can you run amateur stake?
    Gentle in what you do. Firm in how you do it.

CH SILVERCREEK MURRAY SAMUEL (MURRAY) WDQ CGC MH *** 2/16/00 - 12/26/12
    WESTWIND WHISPERING COVE (LARRY son of Murray) WDQ MH ***
    LPK DELAWARE RIVER WHISPERING COVE **(SAVAGE SAM son of FC Chester MH)
    WESTWIND WHISPERING COVE JAY ** ( Larry's son and Murray's grandson)

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    Dear Jay: Recently as I was looking for my callbacks Sat pm I discovered a group of people who have very strong opinions regarding having the city of Little Rock sponsor their dog. After reading 6 pages of --- would you, as the Head of the Little Rock Chamber of Commerce and as the owner of a currently running FC/AFC Ride Sally Ride, inform these people what your city's policy is. The majority of the RTF people have never been to or run a licensed field trial and thus they are unaware of procedures and the people who do. Strange that your dog and your passion are unknown within the city government. SEE YOU A__ I told you that just because you win an Open and Qualify for Nationals you are still a "NOBODY".
    Interesting...
    Kendall Layne

HR(2xHRCH) Ashland's Big Black Ruby to Go SH
    Dorie's Lady of the Lake(1K bird club)

Never play leap frog with a unicorn.

Quote Originally Posted by Duckquilizer View Post

Interesting...
    If you define a majority as over half, I'm sure Lanse is correct about that. Without a formal poll I would guess the number to be around 20%-30%. Hunt test on the other hand would be a much higher number. Just my unscientific perception.

John

Quote Originally Posted by John Robinson View Post
    If you define a majority as over half, I'm sure Lanse is correct about that. Without a formal poll I would guess the number to be around 20%-30%. Hunt test on the other hand would be a much higher number. Just my unscientific perception.

John
    There was a poll on this a while back. While not scientific, it appears that the % of folks who do run FTs are higher than John's gut http://www.retrievertraining.net/for...eld+trial+poll

Quote Originally Posted by moscowitz View Post
    So if you have sponsorship can you run amateur stake?
    As far as I understand yes you can ran under an amateur status. Under the rules to be considered a pro, you must be getting paid to train dogs.
    If sponsorship make you a pro then all these people that are in the Tri-Tronics IC would be considered pros.
    Cold Creek Gundogs
    The more I'm on the internet the more I love my dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleHaul View Post
    There was a poll on this a while back. While not scientific, it appears that the % of folks who do run FTs are higher than John's gut http://www.retrievertraining.net/for...eld+trial+poll
    I noticed that this poll was done in 2009. I know my focus changed after this time. What might be really interesting, if someone wants to set it up, would be a new poll and contrast it to this one to see how things have changed. . . or not!
    Carol,
    Owned and handled by Cruisin' with Indiana Jones, JH
    Alternate Handler: Westwind Buffalo Soldier
    Apprentice Handler: Snake River Medicine Man, JH
    http://newhoperetrievers.com

Not so fast in dissing John's gut. Looks to me as if Mr. Atkinson has about 15 times as many members on rtf as the number of "votes" cast.

MG

Has anyone contacted AKC Performance Events to ask them if "sponsorship" (the acceptance of cash, goods, or services) has an effect on amateur status?