RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Trials and Sponsorship

15K views 69 replies 35 participants last post by  helencalif 
#1 ·
So i'm thinking of asking my work to sponsor my field trial endeavors. I've heard of people getting their test fees paid this way. My question is since I work for the visitor's bureau for the city of little rock (im just a number cruncher) how's the best way to go about doing it? what aspects should i emphasize that would get the city of little rock's name out there? how do i convince them or sell my idea to them that it'd be worth while?

also if they agree to pay for entry fees would this then make me a pro? or would i still be an amateur?

#55 ·
It seems to me that the best thing for the city and the sport would not be to sponsor an individual but sponsor a trial in the area or work to attract the MN or the NFC or something. The bang for the buck in terms of hotel tax, people spending $ in the area would be better. Huntsville, AL visitors bureau seems to get a fair amount of mileage from doing SRS stuff, although that is televised

#56 ·
Dear Jay: Recently as I was looking for my callbacks Sat pm I discovered a group of people who have very strong opinions regarding having the city of Little Rock sponsor their dog. After reading 6 pages of --- would you, as the Head of the Little Rock Chamber of Commerce and as the owner of a currently running FC/AFC Ride Sally Ride, inform these people what your city's policy is. The majority of the RTF people have never been to or run a licensed field trial and thus they are unaware of procedures and the people who do. Strange that your dog and your passion are unknown within the city government. SEE YOU A__ I told you that just because you win an Open and Qualify for Nationals you are still a "NOBODY".

#58 ·
I am laughing so hard it hurts. . . . BAAADDDD! Another perfect example of how people on the internet think they are invisible and toss out all kinds of opinions. While the people that ARE somebody or are INVOLVED in something, remain anonymous. I do hope the OP has not run afoul of his employers.:D

#60 ·
I have seen a truck that parks around the chamber with a 2 or 3 hole dog box and often wondered I wish I knew who that was so we could train. Now I know.

Is this a letter u sent to him? Now I am afraid my ignorance on the procedures and trials may lead to what 2tall mentioned in his comment?

#57 ·
just to those interested first thing monday morning i found the secretary and asked her if she could give me back my packet as i was no longer interested in having the city sponsor me. she said "oh any reason why" i said i'd rather not have the city sponsor my hobby or lose my amateur status.

#63 ·
So if you have sponsorship can you run amateur stake?

#67 ·
As far as I understand yes you can ran under an amateur status. Under the rules to be considered a pro, you must be getting paid to train dogs.
If sponsorship make you a pro then all these people that are in the Tri-Tronics IC would be considered pros.

#70 ·
Has anyone contacted AKC Performance Events to ask them if "sponsorship" (the acceptance of cash, goods, or services) has an effect on amateur status?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.