The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Trials and Sponsorship

Quote Originally Posted by rbr View Post
    I hope I'm not the only one here who would be outraged if I found out a dime on my tax $ was subsidising a govt employee's hoby.

Sorry Blake , IMHO the fact that you would even consider asking is indicative of the problems we have in this country.

Bert
    me,
    post 22
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan Manning View Post
    I'm outraged that I have to support a crack head with ten baby's.......
    But someone who has worked there whole life and payed there taxes what's the big deal.........
    so a crack whore is walking past a blind beggar or her way to turn a trick and takes a dollar out of his cup.
    then an alterboy walks past on his way to clean bedpans at the old folks home and also takes a dollar out of his cup.
    the blind beggar can tell them apart how?????
    he can't, they are both the same in his eyes
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

My advice? Get a life, get a real job and get a hobby you can afford!
    "Remember, it's about the Dog and the Dog work, it's not about you"

I'm outraged that I have to support a crack head with ten baby's. That sits on there butt and does nothing while accepting a check. Driving a Cadillac and eating steak and lobster on my dime. And because they cant buy dog food on their EBT CARD they feed the dog the steak. That's what's wrong with this country!

But someone who has worked there whole life and payed there taxes what's the big deal. This I will guarantee he has probably payed more taxes in his short life time than he will ever get back on entry fees. So I don't look at it as him spending my tax dollar he is spending his. I would rather pay him to run a trial than the other. Like a bonus for working hard and paying taxes not sitting on your butt and having baby's.
    Do I detect a slight man crush going on here?

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GnSwz-9LLc4
    Bill Davis

Ken I would say not at all the same thing because that would imply theft. I wouldn't in any way think you to be a blind beggar and in no way is he stealing from anybody. It would be no different than a billboard or commercial for the city.

Glen on the note of another stupid a$$ comment no one will have to worry about my opinion any longer. And trust me I don't post much and I will not be missed and like wise I will not miss this site so long.
    Bryan Manning

Country Boy Retrievers
    HRCH BM's Crank It Up Daisy QAA "Daisy"
    Country Boys Locked n Loaded "Trigger"

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post

No but I am tired of rude people. And yes I am in a bad mood! Everyone wants to talk about we need new blood we need this but the first chance people get they want to bash the hell out of people on here. When half wouldn't say this crap to someone's face. The man asked a question yes is it a good idea probably not. Could somebody say that with out being an ass yes but I guess its true what you have in your heart is what comes out of your mouth!
    Bryan Manning

Country Boy Retrievers
    HRCH BM's Crank It Up Daisy QAA "Daisy"
    Country Boys Locked n Loaded "Trigger"

This is just my opinion, but I travel a lot for slowpitch softball tournaments i know its not exactly the same thing but we ask local businesses for sponsorships. We have never asked a city but you could try local shops and stuff that would be interested in sponsoring you and your dog. What we do for everyone that donates money is put their name or logo on our jerseys for the year and if we win money at the tourneys we refund them. Just my .02

No but I am tired of rude people. And yes I am in a bad mood! Everyone wants to talk about we need new blood we need this but the first chance people get they want to bash the hell out of people on here. When half wouldn't say this crap to someone's face. The man asked a question yes is it a good idea probably not. Could somebody say that with out being an ass yes but I guess its true what you have in your heart is what comes out of your mouth!
    Come on man... Seinfeld? Humor? You are wound a little tight.
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post

Who? Roadkill & you?

Quote Originally Posted by mjh345 View Post
    Who? Roadkill & you?
    It is said that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

I get it. Even though you are an attorney, your rhetorical jousting skills are weak. I guess I don't really blame you for copying someone else.
    Bill Davis