The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Bumper Boy Bumpers

So, does anyone know anyone there that can tell us WTH is going on?? I have two eight shooters with the older heavy foam type bumpers. I could use some replacements. I hesitated because not too long ago someone commented on the bore size being different. My models are probably at least 10 years old. I rely on these as I generally train alone or with only 1 or 2 people. I use the green crimped gun loads with no problem. I just keep the bumpers clean.

I still haven't upgraded electronics either. Mine still work fine and with all the stories.....

Sue
    Sue Puffenbarger
    Wirtz, VA
    www.boynelabradors.com

I just had a return call from Bboy after leaving a message yesterday. He said my order on the 13th was waiting on the one bumper I ordered and that he thought they would have some by mid June. So I asked to go ahead and ship the antennaes I ordered and he said some distributor had just ordered a lot of them and he wasn't sure they had any but was going to check. Not much "news" but I was surprised they actually returned my call. Can't wait to see what bumper they send me. If it's the new canvas toy type I've heard about on here, I'll be sending it right back with a detailed feedback letter.

Ken-McNutt can you contact me or anyone that has used the new canvas bumpers I have a company that will try to make bumpers like the old ones but I need some input that's keith 910-263-1558

Looks to like BB will be going down the drain in the near future. Those canvas bumpers won't last long. I had a couple of them when I had a retriever training hand held unit. Glue came off stuffing came out, and canvas rotted. Reed said that people were complaining about the top of old bumper coming off. I had several tops come off when I used yellow loads years ago, switched to green loads been using them for about 12 years now. Haven't lost a top since. Can get them at Lowes. Never had a problem with them sticking, use a .22 wire brush to clean the barrel out, when cleaning and replacing o- rings.

Well they still haven't sent me anything. And now I can't even get a return phone call to cancel the order all together. Seems like someone could take up the slack and provide service and parts for the launchers since the manufacturer doesn't seem to be able. How hard is it to return a phone call in this day and age. Ridiculous!

Last week, I sent them an e-mail requesting an estimated delivery time on my second 4-shooter, and complained about the bumpers (all 4 were splitting at the seams). No reply. I have taken the inserts out of their bumpers and have built my own. They are aproximately the same size and weight as the regular BB bumpers. I'm still tweeking them, but overall, they are working well.
    "If the dawg ain't havin' fun, I ain't havin' fun."

Blackkettle's Maximum Overdrive, JH - "O.D." - 1/30/11 -
    Blackkettle's Save the Last Dance for Me - "Tango" - 3/10/10
    Cottonwood Mallard Hauler, SH - "Moose" - 3/8/99 to 11/20/10

I've still received no phone calls or answer to my e-mails. Certainly seems like they are already out of business.

So what is the deal with bumper boy? Are they going out? I called recently to order spare parts and got an answering machine in the middle of the day. What business does that?!?! I ordered servo from servo hut and that was a waste of time. They never sent me anything. I love my bumper boys!! Got them last year with new electronics and the work great. But I want some spare parts and some of the same bumpers for spares. Wish they would get their crap together

Quote Originally Posted by Webbs515 View Post
    So what is the deal with bumper boy? Are they going out? I called recently to order spare parts and got an answering machine in the middle of the day. What business does that?!?! I ordered servo from servo hut and that was a waste of time. They never sent me anything. I love my bumper boys!! Got them last year with new electronics and the work great. But I want some spare parts and some of the same bumpers for spares. Wish they would get their crap together
    I've called several times and always get the voice mail. Just bought two servos from Servo City. Shipped fast and they were an exact replacement. Took maybe 10 min. to swap it out. And very cheap too.

Quote Originally Posted by Brad B View Post

I've called several times and always get the voice mail. Just bought two servos from Servo City. Shipped fast and they were an exact replacement. Took maybe 10 min. to swap it out. And very cheap too.
    What model number from servo city? I'll try them. No luck with servo hut here.