The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Bumper Boy Bumpers

Quote Originally Posted by Ken McNutt View Post
    More good news.. just checked the BB sight to see if my recent order had shipped. It says they are out of launchers, and will not ship until Fall.
    Saw that when I was looking to order some batteries. Apparently they aren't too worried about sales or market share.

I went training with Ken today with the new bb bumpers...I was planning to order a couple of four shooters but no way in hell I would now. Those bumpers are worthless pos!!

Quote Originally Posted by mohaled View Post
    I went training with Ken today with the new bb bumpers...I was planning to order a couple of four shooters but no way in hell I would now. Those bumpers are worthless pos!!
    do you have any pics of the new ones or any other details why they are so crappy?

ugh..... Not what I wanted to hear. We were just shopping these, as we are getting back in the HT game. I was wanting to get 3 BB units so we could continue working our dog when she returns from training. May need to reconsider
    Brian & Jennifer Tucker
    Bennett, Colorado

Marks-A-Lot Babyface (2003 HR CH Marks A Lot Gangster QAA MNH CD WCX x Marks-A-Lot Call Me Cathy)

Marks-A-Lot Gangster's Midnite Star SH (2012 HR CH Marks A Lot Gangster QAA MNH CD WCX X Crabby Patty JH)

First of all it cheaply made, real light weight. We used four shooters for one of the marks, on a slightly 15-20 mph wind. We ran 4 different dogs on this same mark, all got different throw..ranging from 15 yds infront to right by gunner to right behind gunner. Bumper shoots out 50 yds up in the air then sail like kite to wherever but the same spot. Totally pissed me off to see stupid throw like that. They need to go back to the old style bumpers if they care and I would pay extra for that if that's why they cutting cost and go cheap.
    Last edited by mohaled; 05-27-2013 at 12:23 PM.

If you go to my post of 5/13/13. 4:07 p.m., I posted a picture of the new bumper and a similar bumper from Gundog supply. The black tape and streamers are not included. I put those on in an effort to make them more visible.
    "If the dawg ain't havin' fun, I ain't havin' fun."

Blackkettle's Maximum Overdrive, JH - "O.D." - 1/30/11 -
    Blackkettle's Save the Last Dance for Me - "Tango" - 3/10/10
    Cottonwood Mallard Hauler, SH - "Moose" - 3/8/99 to 11/20/10

image.jpgIs this the standard BB bumpers?
    Brian & Jennifer Tucker
    Bennett, Colorado

Marks-A-Lot Babyface (2003 HR CH Marks A Lot Gangster QAA MNH CD WCX x Marks-A-Lot Call Me Cathy)

Marks-A-Lot Gangster's Midnite Star SH (2012 HR CH Marks A Lot Gangster QAA MNH CD WCX X Crabby Patty JH)

Yes, that's look like the old standard bumper, new one is all canvas and shorter. Ken post a picture of the new one on page 2 of this thread.

I saw the ones Ken posted, and dont want any part of those. I just wanted to be sure I had an idea of what the standard bumper was!
    Brian & Jennifer Tucker
    Bennett, Colorado

Quote Originally Posted by Ken McNutt View Post
    If you go to my post of 5/13/13. 4:07 p.m., I posted a picture of the new bumper and a similar bumper from Gundog supply. The black tape and streamers are not included. I put those on in an effort to make them more visible.
    Ok. Thanks. Sry, I didn't catch that one was the new design from bb. They must want to go out of business or to sell to an investor