The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: HRC Grand

Quote Originally Posted by jpws View Post
    it still appears your story is off. Based on the numbers A had by far the hardest considering how few passed. c/d had the highest percentage of passes of which one make assume that it was easier.
    i guess you still dont understand. A and B both had high number of passes saturday. C and D both had signifigant drops on saturday. A then did C's test Sunday. lots of A were dropped because handlers wasted their 1 free handle the day before not thinking that they would need it the next day. more were dropped when A did the test than when C did the same test because they had to handle for the second time whereas C got to run the test and use their first (and only) handle on it. so a very very signifigant drop occured because many dogs could not handle as they had wasted a handle the day before on the easy test. the same for B. when they went to D's test the next day they had a very very signifigant amount of drops (more than D on the same test the day before) compared to the day before because dogs had to handle on the easy test. C and D were on the easy test sunday so they didnt handle if they didnt have to or judges didnt tell them too so more of them stayed in the game.

however you want to say it. drake and gunners up are the hardest tests (slight edge to drake). C and D faced them first. the next day A and B were both on those tests and had high amount of drops more so than the previous groups that went their first. in the end it all shakes out but if a dog gets through drake and gunners up with only 1 handle they will still be in the game as the other two tests are more straight forward.
    Last edited by blake_mhoona; 04-23-2013 at 12:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kona's mom View Post
    Hearing a lot of disgruntled handlers from Flight A. Anyone there know the story?
    Nicole. Always two sides to a story.
    GRHRCH Huntington's Aged T Perfection MH...Colby (FC AFC Roux MH x GMPR Tyra MH)
    HRCH Huntington's All That Melody...Jazz (GRHRCH Boomer x Callie) Momma's Girl
    Huntington's Cool Customer... Chilly (Lefty QAA x Black SH)

Quote Originally Posted by blake_mhoona View Post
    i guess you still dont understand. A and B both had high number of passes saturday. C and D both had signifigant drops on saturday. A then did C's test Sunday. lots of A were dropped because handlers wasted their 1 free handle the day before not thinking that they would need it the next day. more were dropped when A did the test than when C did the same test because they had to handle for the second time whereas C got to run the test and use their first (and only) handle on it. so a very very signifigant drop occured because many dogs could not handle as they had wasted a handle the day before on the easy test. the same for B. when they went to D's test the next day they had a very very signifigant amount of drops (more than D on the same test the day before) compared to the day before because dogs had to handle on the easy test. C and D were on the easy test sunday so they didnt handle if they didnt have to or judges didnt tell them too so more of them stayed in the game.

however you want to say it. drake and gunners up are the hardest tests (slight edge to drake). C and D faced them first. the next day A and B were both on those tests and had high amount of drops more so than the previous groups that went their first. in the end it all shakes out but if a dog gets through drake and gunners up with only 1 handle they will still be in the game as the other two tests are more straight forward.
    You may have to go back and re-evaluate your analysis. A ran Tritronics Saturday and gunners up Sunday. B ran gunners up Saturday and Tritronics Sunday.
    C and D ran Purina and Drake Saturday and Sunday, switching each day. The order you hace each flight running the tests is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Huntington View Post
    Usually three sides to every story.
    UH HRCH Oakridgertvr Tynan Express "Ty" 2005-2012 RIP GOOD Buddy
    HR Castile Creek Cinnamon Tia "Tia" 2010
    Duxbac Double Expresso "Levi" 2013
    Bryon Samis

Quote Originally Posted by duxbac View Post
    Usually three sides to every story.
    Even truer
    GRHRCH Huntington's Aged T Perfection MH...Colby (FC AFC Roux MH x GMPR Tyra MH)
    HRCH Huntington's All That Melody...Jazz (GRHRCH Boomer x Callie) Momma's Girl
    Huntington's Cool Customer... Chilly (Lefty QAA x Black SH)

So over half the dogs are dropped after only 2 series? Obviously too many young dogs being allowed into the Grand.

Quote Originally Posted by caryalsobrook View Post
    You may have to go back and re-evaluate your analysis. A ran Tritronics Saturday and gunners up Sunday. B ran gunners up Saturday and Tritronics Sunday.
    C and D ran Purina and Drake Saturday and Sunday, switching each day. The order you hace each flight running the tests is wrong.
    you are correct i just realized it this morning when someone from goup B texted me. i was following group C Saturday and Sunday then came back home for work. I was told A was who we were switching with but i see now that it was D. i guess that takes away my explanation.

i do know that drake and gunner's up are the hardest test and C started with drake and ended with gunner's up today.

of the 383 that ran they are down to 98 with

A=16
    B=34
    C=20
    D=28

here is a statistics page on each test's pass percentage as well as each flight's pass percentage. Gunner's up and drake are eating everyone's lunch

http://www.fourstateshrc.com/grandstats.htm

looks like the final pass rate could well be in the 10-20% range. tough test
    Last edited by blake_mhoona; 04-23-2013 at 09:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Huntington View Post
    I had to sit this one out due to a family matter, but been in communication everyday sometimes twice a day with the gentleman handling my dog, and have heard nothing.
    "Perfection is the enemy of good enough" Vince Stone
    GRHRCH UH Slammers Bullet From Nowhere MH**

Guys, gunners up was the meat grinder. Drake had 1 killer bird. But gunners up was judged very tightly! Every bird could take you out. That's if your dog sat still after having a duck call blown as you walked to the line and the dry shot on the way in didn't get him/her.

Overall it was a fun grand. 4 good series with one being judged tighter than the other 3. Just my .02
    GRHRCH UH Kennington's Max MH
    HR Kenningtons Is That All Ya Got

Here's a fun (and pointless) little statistic. Of the 385 or so dogs that ran, 130 were also titled in AKC at the MH and/or QAA level.
    I don't know how that compares to previous Grands, but it's nice to see people participating in more than one venue.

Andy, huge congratulations on a nice pass for your dog! I've seen him run, he's a fantastic, talented dog.
    Last edited by hotel4dogs; 04-26-2013 at 07:32 AM.

Barb Gibson
    with
    CH Rosewood Little Giant UDX VER RA MHU SH MXP MJP XFP T2BP DJ VCX WCX CCA CGC FFX-OG
    also UCH HR UUD UJJ URO1 UHIT
    (golden retriever) born 3-10-07
    a.k.a. "Tito", "The Tito Monster"
    www.GoTeamTito.com