The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: An interesting thing about Global Warming

Default An interesting thing about Global Warming

http://igloo.atmos.uiuc.edu/cgi-bin/test/print.sh

Here you can compare Arctic sea ice distribution for various dates. Pretty neat. Before you lefties start blaming the source, it's from the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaigne.
    Additionally, the same source determined that the Antarctic sea ice coverage just reached a record high of 2.07 million square kilometers this weekend and has been increasing since 1979.
    Matt McKenzie

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason why so few engage in it." Henry Ford

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2014/...tcmp=obnetwork

While we're at it, here's another interesting read.
    Matt McKenzie

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason why so few engage in it." Henry Ford

Whoa whoa whoa, don't try to mess this whole thing up with facts. I would rather make my informed opinion based on pictures of polar bears floating on pieces of ice and feelings.

there's no good reason to fatten up a retriever.

Quote Originally Posted by mudminnow View Post
    Whoa whoa whoa, don't try to mess this whole thing up with facts. I would rather make my informed opinion based on pictures of polar bears floating on pieces of ice and feelings.
    I don't think you need to worry about facts around here.
    During break time at obedience school, two dogs were talking.
    One said to the other..."The thing I hate about obedience school is you learn ALL this stuff you will never use in the real world."

And here is the clearinghouse for all the sea ice data. http://nsidc.org/arcticseaicenews/

Paul, they have no interest in the antarctic continental ice sheet just, just the sea ice.

So, the extent of arctic sea ice is well below long term averages, the continental ice sheets and most all glaciers are receding, the oceans are rising and acidifying, and the antarctic sea ice extent is at record highs. All these facts prove there is no such thing as global climate change.

Quote Originally Posted by Henlee View Post
    I don't think you need to worry about facts around here.

Ain't THAT the truth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    there's no good reason to fatten up a retriever.

I think climate change is directly the result of the deforestation of the Brazilian Rain Forrest. But that 's old School...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deforestation_in_Brazil

No need to battle over ICE, Cold , Heat... the science is simple... neat really... more trees, less CO2 in the air... but as man needs more building supplies and farms to support the human population as it grows, we have changed the way the earth takes care of balancing the chemicals in the air..

The Earth seeks to survive... it adapts... it has been here longer than man... like all things it will one day die... if by that time we have not found a way to explore the Universe, the human race will die...

It should be a instinct on the death of a soul, or on his day of birth, that families plant a tree, so future generations can breathe clean air.. do something to give back to mother earth, for the life it gave you..
    I like one-shot kills where possible and prefer to do all my hunting before I shoot. ..... Elmer Keith

Uuummm..........if nobody shoots those squirrels on our small plot of land they will keep planting those trees for us old people. I have no idea how well a black walnut tree cleans the air but we got 'em.
    Elm, box elder, hackberry, cottonwood, sycamore, tame suma, hickory, mullberry, wild cherry, wahoo bush, ash, at least one I can't name, post oak, ................
    One thing wrong though ............. those squirrels are not trained at all. Since this is a political forum I should add that I don't know what party the squirrels belong to ............ I have never seen them visit the voting booths. Of course probably none are old enough to vote They have a very good work ethic.
    Sorry.......... I feel like joking today.
    charly

There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~

Charly,
    Is a Wahoo bush similar to a HenWay?