The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 54 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Speaking of Global Warming

Default Speaking of Global Warming

From Non Sequitur:

Q - How did global warming get started, Daddy?
    A - Daylight Saving Time

Q - Wait What?
    A - Well, as we all know, that's when winter is over......& now that Daylight Savings time starts earlier, & ends later, Spring & Summer last longer, which causes Global Warming.

Hmmm....OK... that makes sense, Thanks!

You're Welcome !

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    From Non Sequitur:

Q - How did global warming get started, Daddy?
    A - Daylight Saving Time

Q - Wait What?
    A - Well, as we all know, that's when winter is over......& now that Daylight Savings time starts earlier, & ends later, Spring & Summer last longer, which causes Global Warming.

Hmmm....OK... that makes sense, Thanks!

You're Welcome !

Sort of like politicians passing more laws for background checks before buying a gun... (To keep them out of "criminals" hands). What criminal is going to go to a gun store and fill out a federal form and say please do a background check on me?
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    Sort of like politicians passing more laws for background checks before buying a gun... (To keep them out of "criminals" hands). What criminal is going to go to a gun store and fill out a federal form and say please do a background check on me?
    You get my vote ! vbg
    charly

There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~

Yep old Al Gore made a fortune convincing idiots about global warming. He has forecast doom to the planet but failed to tell us that there has been global warming since the Ice Age. He reminds me of the Little Red Hen running around proclaiming the sky is falling!
    I ignore stupidity unless you bring it to my attention!
    Crystal Coast Labradors

CCL Return To Sender
    N Sana Te

Just looked at our local weather report. Monday night, May 11, a low of 33 deg is expected and "patchy frost". I put my tomato plants out this week figuring there would be no chance of frost in May in PA.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

I watched a TED video where Bill Gates analyzes the possible solutions for global warming.

We don't need a solution for non exsistant issue. It's called time. We are in a cooling period now. Man cannot control the atmosphere no matter how hard he may try.
    Last edited by huntinman; 05-14-2013 at 02:22 PM.
    Bill Davis

I don't necessarily disagree. I thought the video was interesting for my own assorted particular reasons. For one, I found it is interesting what Bill Gates does or thinks. He either believes in global warming or was pretending to believe in global warming. I wouldn't bet money either way. I am the ultimate skeptic.

Central NC and we had a frost advisory this morning! 37degrees when I got up.
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    We don't need a solution for non exsistant issue. It's called time. We are in a cooling period now. Man cannot control the atmosphere no matter how hard he may try.
    Would you care to provide some factual support for the statement "We are in a cooling period"?

Regarding your statement on the human's ability to influence the atmosphere could you please explain what happened to the ozone layer prior to abolishing the use of CFCs and the acid rain problem that was mitigated by a market-based cap and trade program supported by what then were known as "Republicans".

CO2 levels are now at their highest level in many many thousands of years regards,