The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 4 of 45 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 442

Thread: Speaking of Global Warming

  1. #31
    Senior Member MooseGooser's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    6,972

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zeus3925 View Post
    Henry:
    You are wasting your time by trying to present empirical evidence to flat earthers, like my brother, for instance. He had one science class in his life and nearly flunked it, but he sure can pontificate at length about the "hoax" of global warming. He has nothing to back his argument except he is sure all scientists are crooked just to get money. He doesn't read much, but he learned all about it discussing with the guys down on the Ford factory floor, so he knows more than anyone on that issue.

    You're wasting your time with those that view the world through a length of one inch lead pipe. Training dogs is more productive.
    Is they'd the guys that used the pipe to take the core sample? I is confused?
    It is far easier to spit on the work of others than it is to produce something better yourself.
    Brynmoors Prairie Sage JH ​(Sage) Just a dang fool huntin Dawg
    HRCH Calypso Seven Bales High SH (Bailey)
    HR Calypso Zoomin Loosies Mad Hader (Maddi) We loved you baby. R.I.P.
    FlatLanders Broken Pistol Ricochet (Flinch)


    My Christian Name is Michael Baker..
    I have gone by "Gooser" since I was a "gossling"

  2. #32
    Senior Member zeus3925's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    West Twin Cities Metro, MN
    Posts
    1,888

    Default

    Naw, they use steel pipe for that, usually 3 inch.
    Sarge

    I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

  3. #33
    Senior Member road kill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Berlin, WI
    Posts
    10,196

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zeus3925 View Post
    Henry:
    You are wasting your time by trying to present empirical evidence to flat earthers, like my brother, for instance. He had one science class in his life and nearly flunked it, but he sure can pontificate at length about the "hoax" of global warming. He has nothing to back his argument except he is sure all scientists are crooked just to get money. He doesn't read much, but he learned all about it discussing with the guys down on the Ford factory floor, so he knows more than anyone on that issue.

    You're wasting your time with those that view the world through a length of one inch lead pipe. Training dogs is more productive.
    Maybe you progressives could get the IRS to start harrassing those non believers!!!!
    Stan b & Elvis

  4. #34
    Senior Member zeus3925's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    West Twin Cities Metro, MN
    Posts
    1,888

    Default

    Don't support harassing anyone. It is not the IRS's job to enforce political orthodoxy.
    Sarge

    I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

  5. #35
    Senior Member Golddogs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    2,115

    Default

    From todays paper. I suppose they are just making this stuff up. ( pg 11 St Paul Pioneer Press from national news )

    Fish moving toward poles as seas warm

    Fish and other sea life have been heading toward the Earth’s poles for more than three decades, a mass migration to cooler waters that provides more evidence of a rapidly warming planet and has repercussions for fish harvests around the globe, according to a first-of-its-kind study released Wednesday.

    The study, in the journal Nature, found that significant numbers of 968 species of fish and invertebrates examined by University of British Columbia researchers moved to escape the warming waters of their original habitats. Previous studies had demonstrated the same phenomenon for specific places in the world’s oceans. The authors said their research is the first to assess the migration worldwide and to look back as far as 1970.

    The conclusions have important implications for fisheries and the people who depend on them, with problems already being noticed by commercial fisherman. For example, as Atlantic mackerel have moved from Norway toward Iceland, a carefully negotiated treaty on the fish catch has been jeopardized, said William Cheung, the study’s lead author
    Never trust a dog to watch your food!

  6. #36
    Senior Member road kill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Berlin, WI
    Posts
    10,196

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zeus3925 View Post
    Don't support harassing anyone. It is not the IRS's job to enforce political orthodoxy.

    Noone does, I didn't mean to imply YOU did.
    Feeble attempt at sarcasm.

    Well, OK, South Side Chicgoans do, but otherwise..............
    Stan b & Elvis

  7. #37
    Senior Member zeus3925's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    West Twin Cities Metro, MN
    Posts
    1,888

    Default

    Don't mess with Texas or the South Side of Chicago. Have a good one, RK. I'm off to run dogs-- have a FT this weekend.
    Sarge

    I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

  8. #38
    Senior Member road kill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Berlin, WI
    Posts
    10,196

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zeus3925 View Post
    Don't mess with Texas or the South Side of Chicago. Have a good one, RK. I'm off to run dogs-- have a FT this weekend.
    GOOD LUCK!!!!

    As Harry Williams says, "pick them up clean!!!"
    Stan b & Elvis

  9. #39
    Senior Member huntinman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    6,201

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HPL View Post
    I don't understand your point.

    We certainly wouldn't want a return to the conditions 300 million years ago. Much warmer and less hospitable to mammalian life. Likely the CO2 levels were what they were then because a younger earth was more volcanically active. Am I a believer in global warming? Let's just say I think that the jury is still out on that issue. Do I think that human activity could be having an effect on the climate, absolutely. We know that man has had some pretty extreme effects on local climate, for instance the desertification of the area around Lebanon. The denuding of the land, harvesting all the trees for construction and fuel raised the reflectance of the ground, raising the surface temperature, increasing evaporation, and eventually actually affecting the weather pattern resulting in the reduction of precip, and pushing what was once a fertile area into desert.
    I think you understood my point and then proceeded to make my point again. If life was so inhospitable 3 million years ago, and the C02 levels were so high then, why didn't they destroy the ozone at that time. The earth has been around a long time. The relative drop in the bucket that we have been here isn't a blink of an eye when you are talking about MILLIONS of years. We (the United States) are a grain of sand when measured against the the amount of time bandied about. It's insignificant. The weather patterns are what they are. The changes that happen during a 100 year period are nothing on a scale of 3 million years or more.

    To paraphrase Allen Iverson "what are we talking about here? Weather?" .......... It's just weather ...man
    Bill Davis

  10. #40
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Pac NW
    Posts
    4,058

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zeus3925 View Post
    Henry:
    You are wasting your time by trying to present empirical evidence to flat earthers, like my brother, for instance. He had one science class in his life and nearly flunked it, but he sure can pontificate at length about the "hoax" of global warming. He has nothing to back his argument except he is sure all scientists are crooked just to get money. He doesn't read much, but he learned all about it discussing with the guys down on the Ford factory floor, so he knows more than anyone on that issue.

    You're wasting your time with those that view the world through a length of one inch lead pipe. Training dogs is more productive.
    Sarge - I've been 8,000 feet underground, spent 10 years working mostly between 2,500 & 5,000 feet underground, Some very nasty stuff down in those mines. I have a degree in Mining Engineering - that would be a Bachelor of Science FYI. More CO2 is released in the atmosphere from one volcanic eruption than all the cars release in the world over a significant period of time (the number has escaped me).

    While there may be folks not as willing to accept the koolaid as yourself, but IMO your bro has more common sense than you appparently will ever have. It is about the money, if it were not, those folks from either side of the aisle that are knowledgeable would have said that this has merit.

    As someone said - Geological time is a significant period, our lifetime is very insignificant. So you are the one looking foolish by your verbalization & support .
    __________________________

    Marvin S

    Everyone's friend is No One's friend

    Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •