The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 21 of 54 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: Speaking of Global Warming

Quote Originally Posted by zeus3925 View Post
    To the guy who tried to tell me at the HCARC trial that the current ice pack was at near levels seen in the 1940's which proves that the earth is cooling: Not so fast. The current ice pack, while larger in extent than last year, is still significantly lower than average.
    Sources:http://www.ijis.iarc.uaf.edu/en/home..._extent_v2.htm

http://nsidc.org/arcticseaicenews/
    You say it is SIGNIFICANTLY LOWER THAN AVERAGE!!! What is average????? Average for the last 2 years? How about average for the last 2000 years or maybe for the last million years. Or how about the average for the last billion years. Sort of makes saying significantly below average meaningless doesn't it.

Quote Originally Posted by caryalsobrook View Post
    You say it is SIGNIFICANTLY LOWER THAN AVERAGE!!! What is average????? Average for the last 2 years? How about average for the last 2000 years or maybe for the last million years. Or how about the average for the last billion years. Sort of makes saying significantly below average meaningless doesn't it.
    Well said caryalsobrook! That is exactly what none of these "tree huggers get"....

Quote Originally Posted by caryalsobrook View Post
    Read the copy attached. (People in Tennessee can read I assume or am I wrong?)
    Zeus

I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

[QUOTE=zeus3925;1146905]Read the copy attached. (People in Tennessee can read I assume or am I wrong?)[/QUOT
    Oh I can read. I try to stay away from insults, something hard to do at times. The time frame of the article covers the period of 1980-2013(at times1978-2013), a relatively short period of time. So when YOU make the statement that the melt is SIGNIFICANTLY BELOW AVERAGE, such a statement only has meaning when you specify the time frame. THAT was the point I was trying to make. Not only must one be able to read, sometimes it is important that one MUST BE ABLE TO READ WITH COMPREHENSION! You might try it sometime, if you are capable.

You can read!! Congratulations. As for insults, why do conservatives think they are the only ones to get away with it on this forum?

Here is 60 years of data:
    http://www.skepticalscience.com/imag...t1953-2010.jpg

Now before your undies bunch up is just indicates the Artic is getting warmer. Man made? Maybe.
    Zeus

I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

Quote Originally Posted by zeus3925 View Post
    You can read!! Congratulations. As for insults, why do conservatives think they are the only ones to get away with it on this forum?

Here is 60 years of data:
    http://www.skepticalscience.com/imag...t1953-2010.jpg

Now before your undies bunch up is just indicates the Artic is getting warmer. Man made? Maybe.
    As to the best of my knowledge, I don't think you can find a single post by me spewing personal insults toward YOU or anyone else on this forum for that matter. My post only said that "average" was only meaningful when the parameters for computing the average were specified. Nothing more.

Here's a thought. The earth and its climate is supposed to be 5 - 6 billion years old according to some scientists. Well lets say they are off and it is only 5 milion years old. It has gone thru an ice age and other fairly extreme conditions. The industrial revolution started about 250 years ago.

I am not arguing that some things man has done hasn't affected the earth or the climate but I happen to think that what man has done in 250 years pales in comparison to what scientists tells us has happened previously. We have only been able to measure certain things in real time, like temperature and rainfall fall for a little over 100 years. Statistically I find it very difficult to think anyone can make predictions about how bad man has or hasn't influenced the earth and its climate when looking at 100 years vs millions.
    Hebrews 11:3 By faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that the things which are seen were not made of things which are visible.

What if all we have today is what we gave thanks for yesterday?

Sometime when you dont have a THING to do,, search Chem Trails and Evergreen program!!

That'll get ya going!!!

F'n government!

Gooser
    It is far easier to spit on the work of others than it is to produce something better yourself.
    Brynmoors Prairie Sage JH ​(Sage) Just a dang fool huntin Dawg
    HRCH Calypso Seven Bales High SH (Bailey)
    HR Calypso Zoomin Loosies Mad Hader (Maddi) We loved you baby. R.I.P.
    FlatLanders Broken Pistol Ricochet SH (Flinch)

My Christian Name is Michael Baker..
    I have gone by "Gooser" since I was a "gossling"

A peer-reviewed climate change study released Wednesday by the Nongovernmental International Panel on Climate Change finds the threat of man-made global warming to be not only greatly exaggerated but so small as to be “embedded within the background variability of the natural climate system” and not dangerous.

Armed with the new findings, Republicans on the House Energy and Commerce Committee grilled administration environmental policy officials about the economic consequences of its aggressive regulatory crackdown on the fossil fuel industry.

The 1,000 page study was the work of 47 scientists and scholars examining many of the same journals and studies that the United Nations International Panel on Climate Change (UNIPCC) examined, producing entirely different conclusions.

"This volume provides the scientific balance that is missing from the overly alarmist reports from the IPCC, which are highly selective in their review of climate science," the authors write.

The study was done under the auspices of the Heartland Institute, which claims it "has no formal attachment to or sponsorship from any government or governmental agency."

The Heartland Institute’s president, Joseph Bast, said of the study, "The big issue in the global warming debate is how large is the human impact on climate. And this report shows that it is very small, that natural variability, the variability that's caused by natural cycles of the sun and other factors, way outweigh anything the human impact could have."

The report comes in advance of the expected release later this month of a new U.N. report on climate change. Leaked drafts of that report show surface temperature increases have been statistically insignificant for the last 15 years, and that Antarctic sea ice is increasing, not decreasing.
    In addition, new satellite measurements of Arctic sea ice show it has increased this year.

At the House Energy and Commerce Committee hearing Wednesday, Republicans particularly wanted to know what President Obama planned to do to address those fossil fuel workers who've lost their jobs as a result of administration policy.

In a major address at Georgetown University last June, Obama promised there would be a special plan for those workers.

"So I would ask either one of you what are the special plans in the president's action plan to help address these people who are losing their jobs, " Rep. Ed Whitfield (R-Ky.) asked EPA Administrator Gina McCarthy and Energy Secretary Ernest Moniz.

"I'm not familiar with the details of those plans, but I am familiar from reading the climate action plan that the president sees this as both a challenge and an economic opportunity," McCarthy replied.

That exchange led to a testy retort by Ralph Hall (R-Tex.). "You got a better answer than I received from Mrs. McCarthy about a year ago before the science committee," Hall told McCarthy. "I may have asked you a question you didn't like and your answer was, ‘I'm not in the business of creating jobs.’”

Committee Democrats, along with McCarthy and Moniz, set out to counter Republican skepticism about the impact of climate change.
    "The evidence is overwhelming and the science is clear," said Moniz. "The threat from climate change is real and urgent. The basic science behind climate change is simple. Carbon dioxide makes the earth warmer, and we are admitting more and more of it into the atmosphere."
    Moniz added that any stabilization of surface temperatures in recent years was an indication of a "hiatus" of global warming, not an end to global warming.

Told of Moniz's remarks, astrophysicist Willy Soon, one of the NIPCC's leading scientists, reacted incredulously. "So tell us when is it going to rise again?” he asked. “This is a question that not only me, as a scientist, is asking , but all the lay persons should begin asking."

The Heartland Institute's Bast told Fox News that there are no climate models used by proponents of global warming that predict a lull in warming.

"Point to the model that predicted this hiatus," he said. "No increase in violent weather , no increase in hurricanes. All of this and we're still supposed to believe the models... models they picked because they supported their political interests, not because they represented good science."
    I previously missed the statement of Obama about having detailed plans for the fossil fuel workers that would lose their jobs. Wonder when those detailed plans will be available.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013...#ixzz2fRd9ktkp
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Follow the money.. The Heartland Institute - look it up.

A nice objective "think tank"

Looks like what I said a page ago is happening:
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry V View Post
    ......I expect we will see more articles about this stuff in the next few weeks. The latest IPCC report is due out soon and the denial industry needs to start their pre-preemptive campaign to smear the results...”
    Here are two articles about their "study" and process.
    http://www.theguardian.com/environme...ience-campaign

http://www.climatesciencewatch.org/2...dibility-test/
    Last edited by Henry V; 09-20-2013 at 01:39 PM.