The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 24 of 54 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: Speaking of Global Warming

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    Sarge, I don't think MN moose are all that different than Alaska or Canada moose in that they are a preferred menu item for hungry wolves. If you guys could get a few bunny huggers and hippies out howling to the wolves out of the way and kill a few hundred more of them every year, you would have more moose.
    Bill, it is a problem beyond the wolves here. We be hunting them again this year,( wolves) but we are having no Moose season becasue of the decline. Even got the Northern tribes to stop this year. I hope they figure it out: climate warming, desease, lack of good grounds or cover. Would hate to see them gone from the BWCA.
    Never trust a dog to watch your food!

http://www.americanthinker.com/2013/..._uns_ipcc.html
    The author of this essay:
    S. Fred Singer is professor emeritus at the University of Virginia and director of the Science & Environmental Policy Project. His specialty is atmospheric and space physics. An expert in remote sensing and satellites, he served as the founding director of the US Weather Satellite Service and, more recently, as vice chair of the US National Advisory Committee on Oceans & Atmosphere. He is a senior fellow of the Heartland Institute and the Independent Institute. He co-authored theNY Timesbest-sellerUnstoppable Global Warming: Every 1500 years. In 2007, he founded and has since chaired the NIPCC (Nongovernmental International Panel on Climate Change), which has released several scientific reports [Seewww.NIPCCreport.org].
    Regardless of which theory we tend to believe, it won't help us move toward better understanding unless we at least look at what the opposing views are.

Obama calls those who deny warming the "flat-earthers", but what if the ones who subscribe to the warming theory are the flat-earthers? I just don't believe it is settled science yet.

G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    http://www.americanthinker.com/2013/..._uns_ipcc.html
    The author of this essay:

Regardless of which theory we tend to believe, it won't help us move toward better understanding unless we at least look at what the opposing views are.

Obama calls those who deny warming the "flat-earthers", but what if the ones who subscribe to the warming theory are the flat-earthers? I just don't believe it is settled science yet.

And how much science do you have in your background, Gerry? I suspect not much.
    Zeus

I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

I honestly say that I have much less science than any of the scientists, on EITHER side of the ongoing debate. I might also ask how much science background Obama has to issue his most recent executive order. And, we cannot rely on his adivisors from their track record so far. Actually, even if those advisors know the science part, we cannot then rely on their integrity to tell Obama the truth; or Obama's honesty to implement the truth.

How much science background for many other millions who vote in favor of these policies?

As for the question you asked about my personal background: high school science that was not "required" for graduation at the time (physics & chemistry); two years of college chemistry; one year of college physics; 3 years of college math. So, as an individual citizen/voter, I obviously not have as much science background as others on this Forum, but probably have more science/math background than the "average" voter ... maybe even more than Obama?
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    I honestly say that I have much less science than any of the scientists, on EITHER side of the ongoing debate. I might also ask how much science background Obama has to issue his most recent executive order. And, we cannot rely on his adivisors from their track record so far. Actually, even if those advisors know the science part, we cannot then rely on their integrity to tell Obama the truth; or Obama's honesty to implement the truth.

How much science background for many other millions who vote in favor of these policies?

As for the question you asked about my personal background: high school science that was not "required" for graduation at the time (physics & chemistry); two years of college chemistry; one year of college physics; 3 years of college math. So, as an individual citizen/voter, I obviously not have as much science background as others on this Forum, but probably have more science/math background than the "average" voter ... maybe even more than Obama?
    Your science capabilities are probably much higher than the believers on this forum .

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Quote Originally Posted by zeus3925 View Post
    Moose did perfectly well when there were high wolf numbers through the years. Also Minnesota does have a regular season on wolves.
    Like this one?

http://www.alaskaphotographics.com/b...ls-moose-calf/
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    After 49 years as a hunter, it still amazes me that a fellow hunter would have a problem with a wild predator killing a prey species (not domesticated livestock). As humans, we have the ability to get our food from a market or, if we choose, we can be like the wolf and kill our food ourselves. The wolf doesn't have that choice.

I have no problem with wolf hunting to control their numbers, or hunting any other species, as long as it's done ethically. I have done plenty of killing myself, and hope to do some more!-Paul
    there's no good reason to fatten up a retriever.

Quote Originally Posted by paul young View Post
    After 49 years as a hunter, it still amazes me that a fellow hunter would have a problem with a wild predator killing a prey species (not domesticated livestock). As humans, we have the ability to get our food from a market or, if we choose, we can be like the wolf and kill our food ourselves. The wolf doesn't have that choice.

I have no problem with wolf hunting to control their numbers, or hunting any other species, as long as it's done ethically. I have done plenty of killing myself, and hope to do some more!-Paul
    I do agree with you but think the term "ethical" is the fly in the ointment. Both you and I would be considered highly unethical by those who belong to PETA. I have the right to kill any animal who is damaging my crops. Don't have to have a hunting license either. But I can't harvest the meat. Can't EVEN give it away, even to the someone who is poor. I'm sure there is some procedure but when it takes so much time and effort to comply, who follows it?

When I was young, beaver had been introduced into W. Tn. Farmers hated them and killed them even thought they were protected. Now today, there is a bounty on them because their numbers have grown so much. I wonder if those who have to deal with wolves in the future will have the same experience.

I don't know where Oakdale is but when I lived in NY, I thought that western Ct. was about the prettiest area I had ever been in, New Milford and Lichfield area for example. Been over 40 years since I have seen it but hope it has remained that way.

It's time to adapt to unstoppable global warming, scientists say

John Roach NBC News

Even if the world's 7 billion people magically stop burning fossil fuels and chopping down forests today, the greenhouse gases already emitted to the atmosphere will warm the planet by about 2 degrees Fahrenheit by the end of this century, according to scientists who are urging a focused scientific effort to help humanity adapt to the changing climate.

http://www.nbcnews.com/science/its-t...say-8C11554338

About time they started looking at it from this point of view rather than the world is ending.

T. Mac
    Last edited by T. Mac; 11-07-2013 at 02:42 PM.