The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 36 of 54 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast

Thread: Speaking of Global Warming

Quote Originally Posted by coachmo View Post
    It appears that since people find it hard to believe the earth is warming since numerous places have experienced record lows over the last few years the new verbiage is the repackage the idea with climate change.
    No new verbiage or repackaging applies. What is the name of that intergovernmental panel that has existed for many years?

If and when you ever have the capacity to understand that there is a difference between weather and climate, you may want to try and look at the facts.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    ..... At least these scientists are willing to look beyond the "doomsday" of an Little Ice Age from sunspot activity, to other variables. It is also possible that during the hiatus between excessive warming and excessive cooling, we (humans) will continue to find the new technologies in energy that can ameliorate the effects on humans?
    Gerry, these are NASA scientists. They work at the same research center as those scientist which all your American Thinker authors disparage. Why should their data, theories, and models be believed when the people you cite call their colleagues liars and frauds who perpetuate a hoax?

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    I sometimes amazed at the pessimism that pervades the whole issue of our situation. How can we look at how far we've come and the great victories of human innovations and remain so pessimistic? I was just reading that polio has been vanquished in all but three countries in the world! (Pakistan, A'stan, & one other I can't recall) I have a friend who actually survived polio as a kid. I remember standing in line at the school gym getting polio shots; and then Sabin came out with the oral vaccine. Do we remember the pessimism about AIDS in the early 80s? Today, can we doubt that AIDS could some day take its place beside smallpox and polio? IF (and I'm not still not sure CO2 is the "cause"), CO2 is the cause, can we find a way to "re-cycle" it, not only to regulate climate change, but also do so in such a way that we could modulate the recycling to work in tandem with the warming and cooling phases of the earth?

Or maybe we should just crawl back into our caves, and give up?..
    Gerry, the few scientists on your side of this issue and the denier industry are the ones who keep saying, no big deal, no worries, carry on as usual. Others, even here, have stated that even climate is changing that there is nothing we can do about it, so enjoy.
    It is the folks on your side of this issue who are stuck in caves. The scientists on the other side of the issue are the ones advocating that we need to start changing our ways. Technology may help some, but you first must admit that there is a problem.

I'm fully aware of the difference no need to answer my posts with your condescending, smart-ass attitude. You sure seem to be an angry fellow!
    Last edited by coachmo; 01-25-2014 at 06:18 PM.

Gerry, these are NASA scientists. They work at the same research center as those scientist which all your American Thinker authors disparage. Why should their data, theories, and models be believed when the people you cite call their colleagues liars and frauds who perpetuate a hoax?
    I'm simply willing to keep listening to both sides of the debate.

Gerry, the few scientists on your side of this issue and the denier industry are the ones who keep saying, no big deal, no worries, carry on as usual. Others, even here, have stated that even climate is changing that there is nothing we can do about it, so enjoy.

It is the folks on your side of this issue who are stuck in caves. The scientists on the other side of the issue are the ones advocating that we need to start changing our ways. Technology may help some, but you first must admit that there is a problem.
    Why does the debate always have to result in labels? I did not say that the climate change advocates were in caves. I did say that pessimism would be equivalent to crawling back into caves.

Actually in his recent interview, Obama took the position that we cannot offset the carbon footprint (coal-burning ways) of China and India. Rather, it was our "responsibility" to develop the technology that they can use later to stop burning coal, as this was in our own self-interest of protecting us from their pollution. That sounds good on paper, but the devil is in the details. I'm not sure we should keep borrowing money from China in order to do the technology for them. Is that sort of the way we made China the primary supplier of solar panels? Meanwhile, he also has implemented providing more coal to Africa to advance development there because coal is the cheapest energy for them.

Technology is really more than "some" of the answer. Curly lightbulbs may save energy, but they also present a disposal problem. Solar panels last about 25 years, and also present a disposal problem. Either technology makes the panels more durable, or solves the disposal problem.

I am in favor of a balance between planning for the future and not requiring energy to be unaffordable for our most vulnerable people now. If the US is to build this technology of the future, it must be economically sound to provide the financing and development for that future.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

http://www.foxnews.com/science/2014/...cmp=latestnews
    This does not relate directly to global warming/climate change, but is simply an example of sometimes even scientists can go off on the wrong track. This scientist came to such a conclusion as a result of debate with another scientist.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

I'm fully aware of the difference .....
    If you are aware of the difference between weather and climate it has not been evident in your posts. For example.
    I'm wondering with all of the horrors of global warming how can plenty of places be experiencing record snow fall this year? Just curious.
    RK, it's seems that only certain parts of the globe are being impacted by global warming. I realize the notion of certain regions experiencing higher temperatures and earth will not heat up evenly across all areas but numerous areas are experiencing records lows! Is it just me or does that sound kinda crazy? I'm sure there is an explanation for this. It may not be logical but when has that ever stopped progressives!
    And finally, the one I responded to
    It appears that since people find it hard to believe the earth is warming since numerous places have experienced record lows over the last few years the new verbiage is the repackage the idea with climate change.
    Regarding
    ...no need to answer my posts with your condescending, smart-ass attitude.
    I previously had not responded to your posts because the response would always include “you apparently do not know the difference between weather and climate”.

I did respond directly to your post 344 and then you came back with another weather report which finally prompted a response. It is clear from your previous posts that you think that cold weather in some areas is inconsistent with climate change. In the last decade, there have been 700 all-time record highs set compared with only 74 all-time record lows in the U.S. (as posted in #320 http://www.usatoday.com/story/weathe...tures/4264237/). You seem to only pay attention to cold weather reports which support your point of view. How do you explain that there have been 10x more high temperature records set than low temperatures in the last decade?
    You sure seem to be an angry fellow!
    Now that's funny right there! As long as you are judging me, you seem to be sensitive about tone on an internet discussion board and seem to be someone who is not used to having anyone question what you say especially when you say the same thing over and over again.

Throw in this crazy scenario, even though we likely would not exist, that ice sank instead of floating.

What position would the global warming advocate's be taking today? More ice would equal greater water displacement.

Dan

Henry, you're right no one understands the weather or climate like you. It appears you are the resident expert in this field for RTF. I mean no one that disagrees with you can fully understand greenhouse gases, reasons for climate change, etc. As far as your question regarding the number of record highs vs. lows I don't have an answer except it could be a number of things including natural occurrences. It appears that the earth has been heating and cooling for oh I don't know a long time (climate) which is something that appears lost on someone with your mindset. As far as my posts go I failed in my attempt to insert some confusion into a discussion so firmly set in logic and facts (well according to you anyway)! FYI I was in no way judging you rather making an observation based on your responses. I don't know maybe you are a happy guy after all. Only you know the answer to that. I can assure you that I'm not sensitive about anything you have to say. Have a nice day!

20 below 35 to 50 below wind chill extreme WINTER Just saying

Thought this was a interesting article concerning the earth's magnetic fields and their influence on the climate.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...wer-grids.html