The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 51 of 54 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 ... LastLast

Thread: Speaking of Global Warming

I think the basic cause of these 'Climate' issue is that there is to damn much money to made by scientists and politicians by scaring the heck out of the population!

Al Gore, the Tammy Faye Baker of climate change.
    Blackfoot's Tide is Right Pistor
    Cacao Yates
    CD RE CGC CPE L-3

Three Republican EPA chiefs testify on EPA rules http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...mate/10765747/

Quote Originally Posted by Henry V View Post
    Three Republican EPA chiefs testify on EPA rules http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...mate/10765747/
    Henry...you probably are just figuring it out that this 'Global Warming' hoax is shared by all political parties because their is money and political gain to be made!

Quote Originally Posted by swampcollielover View Post
    Henry...you probably are just figuring it out that this 'Global Warming' hoax is shared by all political parties because their is money and political gain to be made!
    As opposed to the money and political gain to be made on the opposite side?

Not to argue the global warming issue, since no amount of persuasion or science will change the minds of folks who don't want to believe or vice versa, but there is no arguing that the EPA under Obama has been pretty aggressive compared to previous administrations.

I find it interesting that since the effect is disproportionately hit on stationary sources--power plants and heavy manufacturing predominately--it directly impacts more than any other group a traditional supporter of the Democratic party: the unions. One could argue that environmental enforcement has done way more than any perceived right wing union busting to negatively affect union jobs in this country, yet this gang doesn't seem to be making the connection. Are they not smart enough? Are they just too tied with the Democrats? I would think that even if the unions didn't recognize this the smart folks in power would fear a backlash. Do they just not care? Or are they more concerned with public sector unions and don't think that losing the UMW, IBEW, Teamsters etc., that are seeing jobs leave over this is important any more?

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleHaul View Post

Not to argue the global warming issue, since no amount of persuasion or science will change the minds of folks who don't want to believe or vice versa, but there is no arguing that the EPA under Obama has been pretty aggressive compared to previous administrations.

I find it interesting that since the effect is disproportionately hit on stationary sources--power plants and heavy manufacturing predominately--it directly impacts more than any other group a traditional supporter of the Democratic party: the unions. One could argue that environmental enforcement has done way more than any perceived right wing union busting to negatively affect union jobs in this country, yet this gang doesn't seem to be making the connection. Are they not smart enough? Are they just too tied with the Democrats? I would think that even if the unions didn't recognize this the smart folks in power would fear a backlash. Do they just not care? Or are they more concerned with public sector unions and don't think that losing the UMW, IBEW, Teamsters etc., that are seeing jobs leave over this is important any more?
    The progressives have NEVER seen beyond todays handout.
    The term "UNFORESEEN CONSEQUNCES" defines the whole movement.
    The Unions are voting their way out of existance.............
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    The progressives have NEVER seen beyond todays handout.
    The term "UNFORESEEN CONSEQUNCES" defines the whole movement.
    The Unions are voting their way out of existance.............
    Like Arctic Lemmings the Dem's follow their leaders over the cliff...

Now thats an understatement. The EPA is out of control.
    Southland Dixe's Hunter Boy, JH (Hunter)
    Triple J's Hotta Habanera Mo Betta, (Mo)

That could be why they need all these new immigrants to vote for Dems?
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Quote Originally Posted by swampcollielover View Post
    I think the basic cause of these 'Climate' issue is that there is to damn much money to made by scientists and politicians by scaring the heck out of the population!
    That's akin to saying that scientists and doctors invented cancer just to get more research money by scaring the heck out of the population.

How many climate scientists do you know, Swampy?
    Last edited by zeus3925; 06-19-2014 at 11:40 AM.
    Zeus

I don't want to feed an ugly dog!