The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 12 of 54 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 540

Thread: Speaking of Global Warming

  1. #111
    Senior Member road kill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Berlin, WI
    Posts
    10,893

    Default

    Just out of curiosity, if the sea does NOT rise 3' in the next 87 years, will you then admit the theory is bogus????

  2. #112
    Senior Member Golddogs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    2,303

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Just out of curiosity, if the sea does NOT rise 3' in the next 87 years, will you then admit the theory is bogus????
    Stan, if I am around in 87 years, I will most likely be sitting in a chair having druel wiped from my mouth.
    Never trust a dog to watch your food!

  3. #113
    Senior Member Gerry Clinchy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    7,400

    Default

    For those who like the chart approach ...
    http://www.americanthinker.com/2013/...keysticks.html
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

    ​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

  4. #114
    Senior Member road kill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Berlin, WI
    Posts
    10,893

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Golddogs View Post
    Stan, if I am around in 87 years, I will most likely be sitting in a chair having druel wiped from my mouth.
    On occasion, I have that done now.......aging gracefully regards!!!

  5. #115
    Senior Member huntinman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    7,183

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Golddogs View Post
    And


    Task force: Coasts should prepare for rising seas


    Coastal communities should assume floods are going to happen more frequently and realize that spending now on protective measures could save money later, according to a report issued by a presidential task force charged with developing a strategy for rebuilding areas damaged by superstorm Sandy.

    Most of the report’s 69 recommendations focus on a simple warning: plan for future storms in an age of climate change and rising sea levels. It calls for development of a more advanced electrical grid and the creation of better planning tools and standards for storm-damaged areas.

    “If we built smart, if we build resilience into communities, then we can live along the coast. We can do it in a way that saves lives and protects taxpayer investments,” said Secretary of Housing and Urban Development Shaun Donovan, who discussed the report Monday with New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg.

    Some of the group’s key recommendations are already being implemented, including the creation of new flood-protection standards for major infrastructure projects built with federal money and the promotion of a sea-level modeling tool that will help builders and engineers predict where flooding might occur.

    — Associated Press
    And 30 years ago they told us we had 20 years left before we were going to be hit by another ice age...
    Bill Davis

  6. #116
    Senior Member swampcollielover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    MO
    Posts
    2,459

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    For those who like the chart approach ...
    http://www.americanthinker.com/2013/...keysticks.html
    Gerry....you nailed them again! I noticed after you posted these facts and data, none of the 'Tree Hugger' egg-heads came back with any comments!

  7. #117
    Senior Member Gerry Clinchy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    7,400

    Default

    I just don't feel that the climate change debate is "settled".

    We know there is climate change. We know that the planet has had dramatic climate change in the past. We could/should anticipate that the planet will continue to experience climate change in the future.

    We can/should do things that protect our planet. It was not a big sacrifice to eliminate the use of fluorocarbons. Other reasonable substitutes were available.

    Is CO2 a cause or an effect of any global warming? If there is global warming (whether by nature or by man), is it an all bad thing? A lot of people love living in the SE US

    If warming is beyond our control, we have means to adapt and shift our population to areas that are more conducive to human living conditions. If it is true that the climate of Greenland is much different today than it was centuries ago, a lot of people left Greenland for more moderate climates. We are more able to make such adaptive changes today than back then.

    We should be good custodians of our planet, but that also includes the people on it. If poor people cannot afford electricity, universal health care may become a moot point. If farmers can't afford fuel for their tractors to grow the food needed, free cell phones become a moot point.

    Everything is really about balancing good, bad and awful.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

    ​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

  8. #118
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Detroit Lakes, MN
    Posts
    1,518

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    And 30 years ago they told us we had 20 years left before we were going to be hit by another ice age...
    Bill, Could you please find me reports by multiple National Academies of Sciences that presented this ice age theory?. How about some large consensus reports by hundreds of climate scientists? I am sure you can find a book or magazine article or two but how about some scientific papers.? There are lots of theories that have come and gone over the years about many things. The evidence for climate change is getting stronger, not weaker.

  9. #119
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Detroit Lakes, MN
    Posts
    1,518

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by swampcollielover View Post
    Gerry....you nailed them again! I noticed after you posted these facts and data, none of the 'Tree Hugger' egg-heads came back with any comments!
    LMFAO. Unlike you, some of us have better things to do with our time. Why have you not responded to my direct reply to your post several pages ago? Do you want me to repost to remind you? You have yet to post one single fact to support your point of view.

  10. #120
    Senior Member huntinman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    7,183

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Henry V View Post
    Bill, Could you please find me reports by multiple National Academies of Sciences that presented this ice age theory?. How about some large consensus reports by hundreds of climate scientists? I am sure you can find a book or magazine article or two but how about some scientific papers.? There are lots of theories that have come and gone over the years about many things. The evidence for climate change is getting stronger, not weaker.
    Knock yourself out... Do all the research you want. The climate is always CHANGING. That's how we get AVERAGES. I believe Mother Nature controls that, not man. So I don't spend a lot of time worrying myself over a little change one way or the other.

    I do however laugh at libs who think they have the answers on how to control the climate. That's comical.
    Bill Davis

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •