The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 54 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 540

Thread: Speaking of Global Warming

  1. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    SW Minnesota
    Posts
    2,003

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    100 degrees today in Las Vegas and there were women sunbathing topless at the Euro style pool at Mandalay Bay..which "bobbers" would you rather stare at all day
    I think I'll have to book a flight. I've been to Vegas once, about 5 years ago in early March, the temperature was about 50 and the locals were in parkas and us Minnesotans were in shorts, the pools were pretty empty.

  2. #22
    Senior Member BonMallari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    LV/CenTex/Idaho
    Posts
    12,448

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mngundog View Post
    I think I'll have to book a flight. I've been to Vegas once, about 5 years ago in early March, the temperature was about 50 and the locals were in parkas and us Minnesotans were in shorts, the pools were pretty empty.
    thats funny but its true...you could always spot the guys from up north because they would wear shorts at the golf course in Dec-Jan and laugh at all of us wearing long pants and long sleeves...many would purposely take pictures of themselves in shorts just to make their snow bound buddies at home jealous
    All my Exes live in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

  3. #23
    Senior Member huntinman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    6,755

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Henry V View Post
    Yes, exactly like the graph, those are indeed facts. You should try them sometime. Since that 5 year record was not sufficient how about this?

    No?, how about this one? Does this longer record make you feel better?


    Whenever you decide to post some facts I am willing to discuss them. Perhaps you need another dose of your koolaid? Try it again, but the record suggests it will help not help you produce any facts.

    This is how idiotic you eggheads are with this stuff. I went to that website and read the report. It said the Co2 level is the highest in 3 million years or some such BS. As far as I know, there were no cars, factories, aerosol cans, white people, republicans, guns, cigarettes, Boy Scouts or even Tea Parties on earth then.

    What made the Co2 level so high back then? How did they lower it for us terrible Americans to screw it up all over again
    3 MILLION YEARS LATER???

    It's a rhetorical question. Don't bother answering.

    Think I'll go put some catalytic converters on cattle to control their emissions
    Last edited by huntinman; 05-14-2013 at 11:35 PM.
    Bill Davis

  4. #24
    Senior Member Uncle Bill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Rapid City, SD
    Posts
    4,289

    Default

    Hate to say this, Bill...but don't get sucked into the apochraphyl rants of the moronic Minnesota main global warming toady. He reads and posts his charts as if they are gospel, since they are spewed by so-called scientists that he can't seem to understand they are only presenting their tripe so they can continue to receive their freebies from the taxpayers.

    But then...Henry comes from the loony-tunes state of Minnesooooota, the latest to join the BF states of this nation. In a state with 10,000 lakes it's no wonder Henry is getting nervous, since his DL residence is no doubt due to go under when the south pole melts down.

    How miserable must one be to follow no less an idiot than Algore. Just gotta love how 'principled' that loser is.

    UB
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.

  5. #25
    Senior Member zeus3925's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    West Twin Cities Metro, MN
    Posts
    2,058

    Default

    Henry:
    You are wasting your time by trying to present empirical evidence to flat earthers, like my brother, for instance. He had one science class in his life and nearly flunked it, but he sure can pontificate at length about the "hoax" of global warming. He has nothing to back his argument except he is sure all scientists are crooked just to get money. He doesn't read much, but he learned all about it discussing with the guys down on the Ford factory floor, so he knows more than anyone on that issue.

    You're wasting your time with those that view the world through a length of one inch lead pipe. Training dogs is more productive.
    Last edited by zeus3925; 05-15-2013 at 08:13 PM.
    Zeus

    I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

  6. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Detroit Lakes, MN
    Posts
    1,433

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zeus3925 View Post
    Henry:
    You are wasting your time ...
    No worries. Not much time investment and it is good to expose the lack of depth of the deniers arguments, how they can only present spurious diversions or inconsistent rationales for their beliefs which are not grounded in sound science.

  7. #27
    Senior Member zeus3925's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    West Twin Cities Metro, MN
    Posts
    2,058

    Default

    But....But...They might have to give up their gas guzzler and mow their lawns with grazing sheep like back in the stone age.
    Zeus

    I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

  8. #28
    Senior Member huntinman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    6,755

    Default

    Here's how dumb the libs are about Global Warming....

    Dem resolution warns climate change could push women to ‘transactional sex’
    By Pete Kasperowicz - 04/29/13 11:06 AM ET
    Several House Democrats are calling on Congress to recognize that climate change is hurting women more than men, and could even drive poor women to "transactional sex" for survival.

    The resolution, from Rep. Barbara Lee (D-Calif.) and a dozen other Democrats, says the results of climate change include drought and reduced agricultural output. It says these changes can be particularly harmful for women.

    "[F]ood insecure women with limited socioeconomic resources may be vulnerable to situations such as sex work, transactional sex, and early marriage that put them at risk for HIV, STIs, unplanned pregnancy, and poor reproductive health," it says.

    Climate change could also add "workload and stresses" on female farmers, which the resolution says produce 60 to 80 percent of the food in developing countries.

    The chances for regional conflict also increase with climate change, the resolution says, because changing weather patterns could lead to migration and refugee crises. It said these sorts of potential conflicts over land will have a disproportionate impact on "the most vulnerable populations including women."

    More broadly, the resolution says climate change will hurt "marginalized" women, such as refugees, sexual minorities, adolescent girls, and women and girls with HIV. It also cites Hurricane Katrina as evidence of how climate change can affect women, noting that the storm displaced "over 83 percent of low-income, single mothers" in the region.
    Bill Davis

  9. #29
    Senior Member zeus3925's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    West Twin Cities Metro, MN
    Posts
    2,058

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    Here's how dumb the libs are about Global Warming....

    Dem resolution warns climate change could push women to ‘transactional sex’
    By Pete Kasperowicz - 04/29/13 11:06 AM ET
    Several House Democrats are calling on Congress to recognize that climate change is hurting women more than men, and could even drive poor women to "transactional sex" for survival.

    The resolution, from Rep. Barbara Lee (D-Calif.) and a dozen other Democrats, says the results of climate change include drought and reduced agricultural output. It says these changes can be particularly harmful for women.

    "[F]ood insecure women with limited socioeconomic resources may be vulnerable to situations such as sex work, transactional sex, and early marriage that put them at risk for HIV, STIs, unplanned pregnancy, and poor reproductive health," it says.

    Climate change could also add "workload and stresses" on female farmers, which the resolution says produce 60 to 80 percent of the food in developing countries.

    The chances for regional conflict also increase with climate change, the resolution says, because changing weather patterns could lead to migration and refugee crises. It said these sorts of potential conflicts over land will have a disproportionate impact on "the most vulnerable populations including women."

    More broadly, the resolution says climate change will hurt "marginalized" women, such as refugees, sexual minorities, adolescent girls, and women and girls with HIV. It also cites Hurricane Katrina as evidence of how climate change can affect women, noting that the storm displaced "over 83 percent of low-income, single mothers" in the region.
    Hi Bill! Like to see that paper past muster at the state academy of science.

    Thanks again for Sherie's and your hospitality on our trip north.
    Last edited by zeus3925; 05-15-2013 at 09:38 PM.
    Zeus

    I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

  10. #30
    Senior Member HPL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Coastal Bend of Texas
    Posts
    2,642

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    This is how idiotic you eggheads are with this stuff. I went to that website and read the report. It said the Co2 level is the highest in 3 million years or some such BS. As far as I know, there were no cars, factories, aerosol cans, white people, republicans, guns, cigarettes, Boy Scouts or even Tea Parties on earth then.

    What made the Co2 level so high back then? How did they lower it for us terrible Americans to screw it up all over again
    3 MILLION YEARS LATER???

    It's a rhetorical question. Don't bother answering.

    Think I'll go put some catalytic converters on cattle to control their emissions

    I don't understand your point.

    We certainly wouldn't want a return to the conditions 300 million years ago. Much warmer and less hospitable to mammalian life. Likely the CO2 levels were what they were then because a younger earth was more volcanically active. Am I a believer in global warming? Let's just say I think that the jury is still out on that issue. Do I think that human activity could be having an effect on the climate, absolutely. We know that man has had some pretty extreme effects on local climate, for instance the desertification of the area around Lebanon. The denuding of the land, harvesting all the trees for construction and fuel raised the reflectance of the ground, raising the surface temperature, increasing evaporation, and eventually actually affecting the weather pattern resulting in the reduction of precip, and pushing what was once a fertile area into desert.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

    Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

    Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

    www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •